It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw my first UFO very cool.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
On Friday May 23, I was walking the dogs around 10:30 pm when the yard became slightly illuminated. I looked up and saw a very bright white blinking light.
My initial thought was an airplane. The light suddenly streaked like a falling star. leaving a tracer behind. It then stopped instantly and began blinking again. Then the light streaked backward to its original location kinda like a falling star in reverse. It blinked a few more times then disappeared into the stars. The whole occurrence took about 10 seconds but it was very exciting to witness.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by HEATHERTHOMSON911]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Awesome, congratulations on your sighting

Where do you live? Just curious, because there are certain hotspots going on and I wanted to see if you lived in any of them.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Horseheads, NY, 20miles south of Watkins Glen from the southern end of Seneca lake

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I've had three 'UFO' sightings and am quite frankly bored of them now.

I can't even be bothered to get a video camera.

Oh, and it wasn't just me, there were lots of witnesses!

Something is definitely up.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by HEATHERTHOMSON911

Hey congatulations,

Did it flicker different colours at any time, or was the light white throughout ? It sounds remarkably similar to a sighting I had in the mid-90's ... from your description of it' movement etc.

Stay aware over the next few weeks to see if anything out of the ordinary happens ... even if it doesn't seem to be linked, on the surface of it.

Woody

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
the ISS Would have been visible at that time. You could have possibly saw that.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Oh wow, Watkins Glen I love that track
Thanks for the information! Did you tell your friends and family about your sighting, if so, what was the reaction? I wonder if anyone else in the area happened to see it?

I am sure there were lots of folks outside for the Holiday weekend.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SageOfWisdom
the ISS Would have been visible at that time. You could have possibly saw that.

Oh yes and the ISS can illuminate your yard, and travel at great speeds while performing aerobatic maneuvers.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Uber_Offizer

some people have active imgainations.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

The light suddenly streaked like a falling star. leaving a tracer behind. It then stopped instantly and began blinking again. Then the light streaked backward to its original location kinda like a falling star in reverse. It blinked a few more times then disappeared into the stars.

I still can't understand what is the point of these UFOs flying erratically like that,I mean it doesn't seem to serve any relevant purpose besides maybe gaining attention.It just seems like whoever pilots these craft is drunk or something.I mean what it the point of hovering over a certain area and going backwards or side to side super fast and making right angle turns at high speeds?They never appear to be being chased by anything,so I can't see them as 'evasive' maneuvers.

p.s. How high was it?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
To respond to some of the comments. I would not think it was the space station. It was strictly a bright white blinking light. It seemed to be lower than some of the higher flying aircraft out that night. No it was not my imagination. I am not any kind of ufo expert so i have no explanation for erratic behavior.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

IF it's military tech then why the hell do they fly it over civilian areas where it will be seen, photographed etc.

They have their own airspace for testing.

Or were they actually using it for something?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I like reading about sightings wich seem very similiar to the ones I had.. !
Also flying in a extremely irregular pattern. Down, up, sideways and then it's gone, all in a matter of seconds.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
seems a couple of family members traveling about town also witnessed an abnormally bright
blinking light. Not sure if it was related, interesting none the less.

top topics

join