It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first SIGHTING!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Hello everyone. Let me first just say that I have no video or phographic proof. All I know is what I saw. I am not here to convince anyone of anything, and could really care less about proving or disproving the existance of ET or UFO's. That being said here goes it...

I am currently at work, in a steel mill in Northwestern, PA.(USA) At 9:45PM EST I was headed to the restroom. While walking towards the restroom door I stopped at the huge bay door to enjoy a smoke. It is a beautiful night so I opened the door to let in some fresh cool air.

I am standing there for about 3 minutes just checking out the stars, when out of no where this huge ball of light shoots overhead and dissapears behind the building across from me. I sat there for a second thinking it was pretty cool that I just saw a shooting star. BUT, just as I was thinking that this bright light came back up over the building and stopped right over me. This thing had to have been several miles high and it moved so quickly and just stopped dead in its tracks as if it were looking right at me. When this happened I dropped my smoke and walked further outside to see if there was anything that could have been making this happen. When I was right under it this thing dissapeared the same way it did the first time. Like a shooting star that just vanished behind the building.

Now as I said before, I am not here to prove anything. I just thought that this was amazing. Ever since I was a child I have been looking up at the stars just longing to see something. Well tonight that day came and now I dont know what to think.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by JesterMan]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Congrats man! I really wish I could see a UFO! I remember seeing the SAME ball when i was a kid. I think it was winter and I ren to check the thermometer by the window, when I saw the same light fly over so quickly. Thats about the most significant encounter.
Keep us updated if you see more!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
cool man, im from over this way to, ive never seen anything though, sux u seen it at work though
no camera .
theres supposedly alot of ufo activity around this area, and all the years ive camped out ive never seen one, come to think about it we really werent looking for ufos though, were kinda partieing hard in the woods really heh, with aobut 15-20 ppl.

cool though i kinda wanna see one, but dont. i dont want time to disapear and stuff like that. lol i dont want my cherry busted by some alien.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Congrats!! I've always wanted to see one. I'm happy for ya. Now send it my way!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Why is it all these stories include the following " I was having a ciggy break" "I was taking a smoke break outside" "I was taking my dog for a poop" it just seems like a typical trolling pattern for people who make up stories adds to the laugh factor IMHO Im not buying it..

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by reptillianbiode
Why is it all these stories include the following " I was having a ciggy break" "I was taking a smoke break outside"

Well maybe because
A. Some people work at night and do not have a smoke room and have to smoke outside.
B. People like myself who happen to be up at night, yet don't smoke inside of the house, have to smoke outside.

So If I were to spot something in the sky, while on break, or out for a smoke
I would be trolling for reporting what I saw?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Nice find man, must have been a great experience.

And as for reptillianbiode, when else do you think people are gonna see this kind of stuff? When they are inside at a desk, taking a dump, making dinner??

Usually you would have to be outside to see whats outside.

Peace

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I aint buying it, I seen at least 3 or 4 that started in exactly the same way.

Originally posted by EvilBat

Originally posted by reptillianbiode
Why is it all these stories include the following " I was having a ciggy break" "I was taking a smoke break outside"

Well maybe because
A. Some people work at night and do not have a smoke room and have to smoke outside.
B. People like myself who happen to be up at night, yet don't smoke inside of the house, have to smoke outside.

So If I were to spot something in the sky, while on break, or out for a smoke
I would be trolling for reporting what I saw?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
that sounds a bit like my sighting. I was walking to a friends house when i saw this brilliant white ball of light in the sky. It got bigger & bigger so bright i could hardly look so I whistled for a cab and when it came near, The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror If anything I can say this cab is rare, But I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air'.
I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later',I looked at my kingdom I was finally there, To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have been reading ATS for a very long time, posting... not so long but the way people have been responding to sightings and posts of sightings I gotta say...

IF I ever had the chance to actually SEE something unexplainable with my own eyes, I doubt I would post my experience on here, there always seems to be a clique of folks just waiting to scream HOAX or TROLL.....

it's no wonder this subject is considered hokey. Those who have experiences, for the most part get labeled a hoaxter or kook when they try to share....

That said to the OP, lucky you! I really should start spending more time outside, looking up since I'm a little fascinated with the possibility of aliens, alien craft and/or good ole terra made supertechnology!

edited cause I can't type

[edit on 8/4/2008 by undiscoveredsoul]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by reptillianbiode

Trolling huh??? Well lets see...

This post was created in may and only one person responded to it when it was new. I left it at that. The only reason I posted a link to this in the Ohio thread is because it was a similar experience that happend in about the same area. Like I said before I wasnt out to prove anything and just wanted to share my experience with the folks here at ATS. If you dont like that well then I guess you can go elsewhere, this thread isnt for you.

Since this experience, I always keep my cell on me at work so I can take a picture and I have my HD camcorder in my truck so I can get some footage as well. I was ill prepared the first time, but not anymore.

I hope that one day these guys land in my backyard because I garrauntee you if they do, as soon as they open their doors and step out I will shoot one down and film the whole thing and you can debunk that!

[edit on 8/4/2008 by JesterMan]

[edit on 8/4/2008 by JesterMan]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nowheremen22

Sightings are getting more common now. Just watch the skies. Spend some time outside day or night and just enjoy taking in the sky. While your doing it.. it wouldn't hurt to just send out a thought that you would like for them to show themselves. And regardless of what these people say.. DON'T carry a camera with you. In my experience they are more prone to showing themselves to those that are only looking for a personal experience. Not that we all wouldn't love proof to shut up the skeptics but you and I both know that even if you get a picture they will find a way to deny what it is anyway.

Do it for yourself, not for the sake of proving anything.

Oh btw. Welcome to ATS

[edit on 4-8-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Man, I'm so envious. lol

Earlier tonite I went out to let the dog pee and shook my fist at the sky and said hey why not visit me, we could have a great chat.

*sigh*

People go about their lives not expecting anything and they get to see cool stuff. I expect it and get nada.

new topics

top topics

join