It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Does A Person Apply For A Job At Area 51???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
how does a person apply for a job at area 51/dulce...

i mean you cant just go past the border line and ask for a job!!!

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
When the person sees a job opening at Area 51 in their local newspaper, not before. It's not exactly your local fast food restaurant...

Oh and could you please refrain from using ALL CAPS in your topic in the future? People use CAPS to capitalize and emphecize important key words and points, and by using ALL CAPS in your topics you effectively disable this ability.

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Good question I've often wondered about that one myself.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
are you shure lilblam...

do they take a test to make shure they dont talk???

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
are you shure lilblam...

do they take a test to make shure they dont talk???

You may have to be in the navy, marine corps, army, air force, or what not...

Many people in these fields are approached and asked whether they would want to work for the secret government. Those who accept, get to go work for the secret government, and as a result may end up in one of the underground/above ground bases, including Area 51. They ONLY ask people who meet certain credentials that the government is looking for.

It's a "don't come to us, we'll come to you" situation. If you refuse, they never ask you again.

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I already told you to.... STOP POSTING TITLES IN ENTIRE CAPS!!!

The same way you get a job at the Pentagon or the Norad base. You have to work your way through the laders...

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
I already told you to.... STOP POSTING TITLES IN ENTIRE CAPS!!!

The same way you get a job at the Pentagon or the Norad base. You have to work your way through the laders...

And even then, you may simply get a lot of "don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong" answers. They would come to YOU, if they need someone with your abilities somewhere. You can't exactly nag them for a job or coerce them into allowing you in by flashing your resume. Even the president knows VERY little (if anything) of what goes on. This is on a NEED-TO-KNOW basis only, and if the people in charge don't see you as a "need to know", you won't know, no matter how much you probe or ask. This is a quick way to get yourself court martialled too..

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If you want the job, you probably wont get it. Eagerness would seem suspicious

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
You could always get a security job there. You can apply on some websites. But it doesnt say "Area 51 security job" It would say "Nellis AFB security" I hope to get a security job there when i'm older.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
join the air force first and then i have no clue

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
First of all, you have to already have a pretty distinquished job in the military, government, or private sector. Second of all, you can't contact them about a job - they contact you. And third of all, they aren't going to hire nitwits like Bob Lazar - they will know if you are a risk or not. I tend to agree with the people who think Bob Lazar is there for disinformation, or just another "I saw alien technology at work and went inside an alien space craft too" attention grabber.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
who is Bob Lazar???

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
who is Bob Lazar???

Bob Lazar is a scientist who has claimed to of worked at a site called s-4 which is about 2 miles south of area 51 on the papoose mountain range next to the papoose dry lake bed. He is said to have worked on military engineered alien spacecraft which used the dry lake bed as a testing range/air strip. Many people question his stories. I being one of them.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Very strange. How did I my first response get pushed towards the bottom? When I first posted it, it was the fourth one to have posted, now when I return, it is close to the bottom, lol.

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
If I told you, I would have to kill you...

Now on a more serious note, I dont think that you can apply for a job at area 51...but I think whomever operates the said base scouts people. This would seem the most likely way of doing it.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
im gonan go out on a limb and assume u need to have some sort of military history, a long, perfect one. aliens or no, if anythigns as secret as that place, they need certain things. sides, a military base needs military personnel, not civilians.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Depends on what you do...

There are janitors and cooks that live there too you know...that may not be military personel....

Regardless, they ALL have to sign Secrecy Agreements, agreements that are enforced by stiff fines, and jail time, and even the death penalty (under treason), so yeah, they have a lot of reasons to stay silent....not to mention if they want to keep their job.

Hell, I had to sign a secrecy agreement just being in a CIA training program (though I know little that would be "Secret", etc.).....so I can just imagine the form that an Area 51 worker would have to sign....

Yes, I'd bet it'd be listed as part of Nellis AFB....

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I think they screen you and pick whom they want to work there. I dont think you approach them but they approach you.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It should be about the same as getting a civillian job at NASA, JPL labs, Raytheon, etc.

They actually do have websites (Nellis) where you can apply to work. You'd have to find a job you were qualified for (the "oh man, take me because i'm cool!" wouldn't go. You have to apply for a specific job.) You'd have to have good work experience and you might need to be a member of a union (not sure about the last one.)

Now... my spouse works at Raytheon and most of my family holds security clearances (son still has top secret clearance from the Navy.) I'm going on what it takes to work at one of those places.

Once you're declared a potential candidate for the job, you have interviews. They conduct a THOROUGH background check of you and your family and talk to your friends and contacts.

If you're accepted, you're put on probation and there's another background check. Eventually you can get higher and higher security clearances, but it takes a number of years.

Shortcuts to getting in would include advanced degrees in areas they're interested in: certain physics PhDs, math PhDs, engineering PhDs would be accepted (ditto the Masters' level) -- particularly if they had research in areas that the base was interested in (knew a prof who (25 years ago) was doing optical recognition work for them on the high speed computers of the time. He was at a university, though, not working on their base.)

You might get in as security guard if you join the Air Force, get certified, get top secret clearances, have a good record, and if there's an opening at the base you can apply along with everyone else.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I might be joining the army soon as an MP maybe ill get a security job there but only time can tell...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join