It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shell CEO says record oil not due to shortage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

uk.reuters.com

"What we say and what we see is there are no physical shortages," Shell's Jeroen van der Veer told Reuters television. He runs the world's second-largest fully publicly traded oil firm by market value.

"There are no tankers waiting in the Middle East, there are no cars waiting at gasoline stations because they are out of stock. This has to do with psychology in the markets and you cannot forecast psychology".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I did a search for this article and did not see it here on ATS...so mods if it has been posted please remove it.

This goes hand in hand on what Lindsey Williams is taking about..
Please checkout his videos.

youtube.com...

-Kdial1

uk.reuters.com

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yeah it sucks,but what can we do about it?
There is some people getting seriously rich right now of the misfortune of others and its obvious that people with power are looking the other way and letting it happen. Its out of control and no one is doing anything about it.
Then again I'm not telling you anything you don't already know am I?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

They have been shoveling this shortage crap down our throats since the 70's. Our senators/congressmen need to step in and protect us like they are suppose to....unfortunately most politicians are paid by the big oil. So us as citizens are not actually protected by our politicians like we are suppose to be.

This brings me my next point in which the United state Declaration of independence states:
" We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

So will our government do something to protect us...or are they already beyond corruption? If so do the people need to stand up and force our government to do something, like our founding fathers wanted?

Anyways just thought I would throw that in there.....

-Kdial1

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
People keep blaming market speculation. Again, who's gaining off of this?

It's hard not to believe that oil companies have a hand in which way the these people are "speculating".

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
What is it gonna take
I mean really! what is it gonna take to wake the people up and get them off their lazy bum and do something about it. I don't see anyone walking to work or riding their bikes. I don't see anyone staying at home or not driving for the weekend. People used to care and I again ask that question, what will it take for people to get up and go to the steps of Washington DC and protest this and other issues? $5.00 a gallon? 10.00 dollars a gallon? Now days I could bet my life that what it would take is gas stations running out of fuel. Cars stranded on the roads without any fuel to put in them. Is that what it's gonna take?

People used to have a say and stand up in America, but all I see is little groups of people protesting anymore. Those groups are branded crazy by the media. I'm afraid we're in for a long haul of rising fuel prises and food and everything else because everyone is either to afraid to say something or just to busy to do something about it. I'm ready to pack my bags and camp out in washington but I can't or won't do it until thousands of more people do it too.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

You are completly correct in what you are saying. But if people start to walk ride and use public transport all these oil barons will do is cut production so the price stays high. It's a catch 22, they will always make some excuse to keep them high.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Solarsky I am right there with you!!! It infuriates me....I just started using the bus...I refuse to pay $4.00 a gallon here in New York. I wish everyone will wake up!!! It is like everyone is zombies....

If you go to DC let me know....this has got to stop!!!

-Kdial1

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

IMHO, I see less and less vehicle on the road. A real test will be the number of boats on the local lake this wkend. I do see alot less
boat sin their usualy dock space.

Marching on Washingtion, calling your elected represenatives etc. is
a waste of time. Their all bought and paid for or brainwashed.
IMHO the economic collapse of the US is by design for a number of possible scenarios......Biblical, NAU, Illuminati etc......

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The only way to stop high prices then is to stop buying it. I guess I'll have to wait and see if it will take anything to fix this country. I'm guilty too because I just filled my truck up to last two weeks until my next fillup. Ireally hope to see it go down in price like it has done in the past. I'm mad, I'm saddened by our government who can spend money like it's going out of style and I'm watching for now on the side lines. I also say start the drills here in the united states and pump the oil out of Alaska and off the coast of Florida and anywhere else we can. It's funny how President Bush went and ask The Middle East to pump more oil when we don't even get our oil from them
Most of it comes from Canada and Mexico. Something else is going on and we're left to pay the bill.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

uk.reuters.com

"What we say and what we see is there are no physical shortages," Shell's Jeroen van der Veer told Reuters television. He runs the world's second-largest fully publicly traded oil firm by market value.

"There are no tankers waiting in the Middle East, there are no cars waiting at gasoline stations because they are out of stock. This has to do with psychology in the markets and you cannot forecast psychology".

I agree. Its just shear speculation with the money brokers. One day it will bust just like the housing bubble and the tech bubble we have in 2000. Just ride it out and all will be fine. The trick is to find the next speculation to wager on and hopefully make a lot of money on.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
What is it gonna take
I mean really! what is it gonna take to wake the people up and get them off their lazy bum and do something about it. I don't see anyone walking to work or riding their bikes. I don't see anyone staying at home or not driving for the weekend. People used to care and I again ask that question, what will it take for people to get up and go to the steps of Washington DC and protest this and other issues? $5.00 a gallon? 10.00 dollars a gallon? Now days I could bet my life that what it would take is gas stations running out of fuel. Cars stranded on the roads without any fuel to put in them. Is that what it's gonna take?

People used to have a say and stand up in America, but all I see is little groups of people protesting anymore. Those groups are branded crazy by the media. I'm afraid we're in for a long haul of rising fuel prises and food and everything else because everyone is either to afraid to say something or just to busy to do something about it. I'm ready to pack my bags and camp out in washington but I can't or won't do it until thousands of more people do it too.
I like to think of it like cigarettes. I knew when it was 35 cents a pack and then at 50 cents I said that I would quit but didn't. When it reached to 2.dollars I did finally do it. But as you can all see the prices are past 6 dollars a pack and people are still smoking. Just like cigarettes then the prices of oil continue to climb people will still buy it because like a habit you need it and the people will get used to it. However I am sure that the people will be buying smaller cars instead of using the big SUV's.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomforall

Its just shear speculation with the money brokers. One day it will bust just like the housing bubble and the tech bubble we have in 2000. Just ride it out and all will be fine. The trick is to find the next speculation to wager on and hopefully make a lot of money on.

Speculators, or traders, ARE the cause of these ridiculously high gas prices. There is NO shortage of oil!

Started a thread on this that explains the whole "speculator" thing, and what changed that allowed speculators to be able to "manipulate" the price of oil. Believe it or not, Congress and the Bush administration are to blame!

Perhaps 60% of Today’s Oil Price is Pure Speculation’

[edit on 5/24/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
last year gas was 2.70 a gallon and before that 2.50, each year it goes up at least a doller. BUSH=OIL, the oil companies pushed bush to run for president rigged the election so that gore wouldnt win.before bush gas was almost 1.75 a gallon where im at. now gas is 4.00 to 4.47 where im at. maybe once bush is out of office, with a decent president we can see a price drop, but with this government who know..

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
This brings me my next point in which the United state Declaration of independence states:
" We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

So will our government do something to protect us...or are they already beyond corruption? If so do the people need to stand up and force our government to do something, like our founding fathers wanted?

Anyways just thought I would throw that in there.....

And it was a good thing to throw in, That's why our founding fathers were smart enough to tell us that. It's not just the gas prices, it's everything, our rights, our country....

Until we as apeople stand up and do something about it, nothing will change except to change for the worse. We lost this country long ago and will never get it back, unless we are willing to do whatever it takes to get it back.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Again, looping back to the oil companies (since they have Bush Co. in their pocket).

It's like I say to anyone, I don't doubt the market speculation, but I gotta use my instincts on this. Oil companies are now making 4x the Net Income.

So, sure, maybe market speculation is to blame, but who is controlling the speculation? Who lobbied for that bill to be passed?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
We are being pushed to the brink.

I agree that we must do something. Other than electing a president for the people, I do not know what we can do. Do you?

However if we do not, and I doubt that we will do anything until it is too late for us. I have just one last suggestion before we go over the edge.

Eat The Rich!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
VERY interesting article and replies indeed. I have some ansers, for those of us, who do drive...
ON prisonplanet.com, theirs an add, a kit yuo hookup to yuor cars intake, adn a jar with water and baking powder it it, its supposed ot use the hydrogen in that jar of water, and catalycticly use it as energy for hte car. I talked to a guy who was somewhat a mechanic buff himself, and said yeah it may work, but if durin emissions testing, they see it, your likely to fail it then. Could be worth a shot.
What i do know is, frequent replacment of spark plugs, every 15,000 miles or 2 years, is sufficient. Every oil change, run a bottle of complete fuel system cleaner through yo gas tank...I like the valvoline high mielage stuff. It cleans and burns off all th carbon that has built up. If you can get Toluene, at hardware store, you can use about 3 or 4 ozs. per 10 gallons only..Will totaly clean out your fuel system. Run distioilled water thgouh yuor brake booster line also, 24 oz. is sufficient.... all these will at least, guarantee your cars were using fuel when you first got them

Just wnated to add some helpful tips too all here. CHeck out www.Bobistheoilguy.com all those wnatedotknow anytihng about oil, gass, additives, check it out

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Big Oil can do what they want because nobody has the sand to stop them.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
What is it gonna take

Hopefully, we'll end up fighting at the right time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join