It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

220 000 condoms off to Myanmar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Condoms off to Burma

Bangkok - The United Nations will send nearly a quarter of a million condoms into cyclone-hit Myanmar to help needy survivors with no access to contraceptives, a UN official says. So far, the UN Population Fund (UNFPA) said it had sent 72 800 condoms to survivors struggling to maintain their family planning after the storm hit in early May.

HAHA the country is destroyed and they need condoms? If there was ever any doubt that the main purpose of the UN is eugenics population control that doubt has been obliterated.

Survivors struggling to maintain family planning. Are we living in the twilight zone? Was anyone on this site that was concerned about the cyclone survivors ever at any point worried about whether the survivors had condoms? I don't think so, so why does the UN?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Cyclone Nargis left 2.4 million people in desperate need of food, medicine and shelter, the UN estimated, but Chaiyos said not all of the affected people would need family planning supplies.

"Not every single woman is using contraceptives in Myanmar. We're basing this on regular habits," he said.

Cyclone Nargis left at least 133 000 people dead and missing, and aid groups had complained that supplies were not getting to survivors quickly enough because of limitations imposed by the ruling junta

www.news24.com...

Yeh, you would think the people would have more to worry about than condoms.

Sad. Puts everything in perspective.

Brei.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Wow I thought it was just Americans that couldn't control themselves. I guess everyone needs to be constantly mounting something.

I thought all their houses and stuff were destroyed. Are they having a huge orgi in the community center or what?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I suppose it isnt common knowledge so please let me englighten you:

A condom is a brilliant device in a survival situation, such as those in Burma will undoubtedly be facing.

It can be used as a water carrying device (highly elastic so may hold up to a gallon).

It can be used as a sterile burn dressing.

It can be used to start a fire.

In fact, I did a quick google for you guys, which came up with this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So while at first it seems like a risible idea to send condoms to a disaster zone, it actually makes a lot of sense if they are accompanied with survival instructions. Plus the natives of such disaster stricken communities are often well versed in survival and ingenuity.

Of course, it can also be used for more... "recreational" activities.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It also speaks to the possibility that more and more of these disasters that wipe out a ton of people could very well be man made.

We didn't wipeout as many as we wanted so let's get the Durex's over there as soon as possible!!

Peace

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Big deal. Maybe there would be less starving savages in this world if more people used condoms. Case closed.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
Wow I thought it was just Americans that couldn't control themselves. I guess everyone needs to be constantly mounting something.

I thought all their houses and stuff were destroyed. Are they having a huge orgi in the community center or what?

Exactly what I was thinking. Surely they have more important things to attend to at the moment.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

I love your posts 44soulslayer and I mean no disrespect at all. You're kidding, right? It's late and maybe I missed the sarcasm emoticon.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Great post, I just hope they sent water over there with those condems, can't hold what you don't have. Great post though.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I realize that condoms can be used for many things and that is cool but the UN has stated that the reason they are sending the condoms is for family planning not all these intuitive uses you speak of.

That being said it raises the actual issue and that is with all the things that the Burmese need to worry about imo family planning is the last thing on the mind of everyone except the UN.

Well despite the eugenics attempts by the UN to curb population growth it won't work because in these areas and should be everywhere else a big family gives strength and they love to have kids.

So the condoms will in the end go to all the things you speak of because they won't be used for family planning.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099
I love your posts 44soulslayer and I mean no disrespect at all. You're kidding, right? It's late and maybe I missed the sarcasm emoticon.

Actually I was being serious! Selection of tools was one of the first things I learnt during survival training. The premise is usually that you have some list of items, and you can only carry certain things to optimise the load. Everyone in my platoon laughed when they heard that condoms were a possibility... until we were told that they could be put inside a sock and used to carry water etc.

Originally posted by kleverone
Great post, I just hope they sent water over there with those condems, can't hold what you don't have. Great post though.

Ah thats a good point actually. I hope they ship over some water purification tablets at the very least... if not then the condoms will be useless!

Originally posted by Beefcake
I realize that condoms can be used for many things and that is cool but the UN has stated that the reason they are sending the condoms is for family planning not all these intuitive uses you speak of.

I actually found something rather more disturbing from the content of the article:

The supplies were meant to serve about 300 000 people, Chaiyos said.

Anyone fancy guessing how 220 000 condoms can serve 300 000 people?!

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer

Anyone fancy guessing how 220 000 condoms can serve 300 000 people?!

Nope, and it's not a visual that I would like to expound upon

....Unless they are saying two per couple. Ei

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
Condoms off to Burma

HAHA the country is destroyed and they need condoms? If there was ever any doubt that the main purpose of the UN is eugenics population control that doubt has been obliterated.

Survivors struggling to maintain family planning. Are we living in the twilight zone? Was anyone on this site that was concerned about the cyclone survivors ever at any point worried about whether the survivors had condoms? I don't think so, so why does the UN?

Nothing makes me more hornier than starving for several days after a cyclone.

Beefcake, this is one of those conspiracies that makes even the most skeptic person take notice. That was an astute observation on your part.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Bad taste. Taste bad.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by Chakotay]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
^ You're probably right. What're you gonna do when the world is operated on short term principals. Sometimes I think I'm messed up, then I think of people like aid workers dropping into poor countries for sex tourism, and I don't seem that bad anymore.

new topics

top topics

join