It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New molecular evidence disproves common descent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Intelligent Design website. I will say no more except that of course he is going to have an agenda to 'disprove' the very real evidence and err towards design.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollywood11

I'm generally meaning common descent as far as humans and apes in this thread. Mostly I focus on humans.

Well, genetics just doesn't lie for the hell of it. We are related to the ape species, and pretty close at that.

Yet, seeing as how (as I said before), that we exhibit many characteristics of an aquatic species as well, it makes sense that our particular line of decent and the decent of the apes arose much earlier than we thought and diverged then.

There has been some evidence showing some species to come from the water, go back, and then come back out over many millions of years. The first pre-primate species probably came from the water, with out line evolving into humans and the ape species evolving into more land based animals.

What I have read from what you have posted still show's we got here through evolution. It just shows (if the information is valid and all), that we need to look at how we evolved a little more differently.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Humans are apes. We are squarely in the Ape family. Right next to Chimpanzees.

And yup - look at the whale. It started out as aquatic, moved to the land, then went back in the sea. Hence it still having vestigial remnants of its land-based existence - namely a pelvis and miniscule hind-leg bones.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChChKiwi
Intelligent Design website. I will say no more except that of course he is going to have an agenda to 'disprove' the very real evidence and err towards design.

By your own rules of evidence, we can now throw out any and all evidence presented on "pro evolution" sites, as they have an agenda to disprove all of the evidence for intelligent design, and err towards evolution.

Hurts to be cut with your own double-edged sword, doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Or we can just stick to claims backed up by masses of scientifically-gathered evidence. Which instantly discounts ID sites, as they don't have a leg to stand on.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This is irrelevant. We did not evolve from apes and the theory of evolution does not state that we evolved from apes. We evolved with them from some prior life-form.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Scientists can never know very much, because they have human minds and are lost in delusion and lost in the limits of human thinking.

Those in history who had glimpses of how things in the universe really are, were always those who had acheived enlightenment and undergone near death experiences. Only those who were able to transcend the human mind.

The greatest knowledge and systems of thought ever handed down in the history of this planet always came from people like Buddha Sakyamuni, Lao Tzu, Jesus Christ etc. those who had acheived enlightenment.

Scientists poke and prod around in the dark blindly, randomly finding little bits and peices of the truth, but can never grasp the real nature of how anything is because their minds are too limited.

Cool video
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Hollywood11]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join