It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contrail by Military Aircraft in UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hi,

I just noticed this outside my home, I live near several RAF bases (RAF Marham) and the US base at Lakenheath.

Someone was having a bit of fun!

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by theferret]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
What the hell. lol. Is that real?
I've seen some odd shaped trails, but never one like that!

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
circle marks the spot???

that's a cool pic! so what happened to it? did it become a big cloud or just dissapated??

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Stand in the center for a few hours then come back and tell us if anything happened.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
That is nice, really nice.
There is one more item to add to my list of things that make my job look boring!

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
do you know what kind of aircraft are at these bases?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Look kinda like these huh

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Netstorm: Aside from the general shape, no not really...

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brittany
Netstorm: Aside from the general shape, no not really...

Why not?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Netstorm: The pic you showed looks like it could be natural. The pic at the top it clearly from an airplane or something similar. (although I don't know the details of the pic you posted, and that would help. WAS it from a plane?)

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brittany
Netstorm: The pic you showed looks like it could be natural. The pic at the top it clearly from an airplane or something similar. (although I don't know the details of the pic you posted, and that would help. WAS it from a plane?)

Yep...pic is to large to post so I cut out the circles or I would post it. Natural circles?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well... I wouldn't be inclined to believe they were natural, but who knows.
Thanks for clearing that up

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
It did look special.

I just got back from work at 6.00pm GMT on 1 March 04.

I live in central norfolk in the UK which is surrounded by RAF Airbases.

I noticed from the end of the trail was an aircraft - I could not tell which type - but it was like a jet figther. I did not get the camera in time to catch it, but it was a small jet fighter like an F-15 or RAF Tornado.

I am aware that there F-15s operate in the area, as the 48th Fighter Wing is based at Lakenheath. Aparently according to locals they do "mess" around alot in the area.

The contrail just slowly dissipated, nothing unusal I hope!

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I see strange things like that all the time. Pilots would write things like "I heart you" and "hi" and all sorts of weird designs like hearts, spirals, circles,etc. It's nothing new to me. Nice pice though.....he must be having fun! lol

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Yup, it's just somebody doing a wide, climbing turn. What it looks like to me is that the pilot actually wanted to chase his/her contrail...
looks like fun.

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by Lampyridae]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I don't believe that this is the same contrail but some 40 miles away on the SAME day this was reported on the local newspaper (which luckily for all those is on the web).

Surely it is irregular to muck out over land particuarly residential areas. I don't mind over the North Sea and Atlantic but it is bit a naughty!

Do you think there the pilot(s) were disciplined?

Here is the other trail Eastern Daily Press Contrail Report

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I've seen pictures from Afghanistan like that were B-52s are circling waiting for coordinates to drop on.

top topics

join