It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a name for the 'universe'?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tpeele

Well, that didn't stop humans from putting our own names on the galaxies and planets and suns. What I'm saying is it doesn't matter if someone else discovered it first. They will have their own name for it.
Names are from our perspective and for our benefit.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Hmm.......good point. However how does humanity think that everything that we see is ours? Just because we live her don't mean that we can do what we want with it because IF we are not the only ones here then it could be offensive that we tok it in as ours.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
what about "Sheila" ?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Valorian

Why, oh, why sheila?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by guppy
reply to post by tpeele

Hahaha! "Bob" was meant to be sarcastic. But the original post of this board reminds me of Titan AE when the main character named New Earth "Bob".

Also, "Sierra-Hotel-India-Tango-One" was sarcastic. I was hoping someone got it. Oh well.

But if any of these two sarcastic suggestions are selected, then at least I can sleep well. Life shouldn't be taken too seriously.

nice usage of verbal encryption
i dont even know all the words in the code but i know how to read all of them

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

What?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

Ya, sometimes I get confused using correct verbal code words. That's when I look it up on Wiki to correct myself.

I thought it was funny during the movie, Hot Shots, they substituted the code words with funnier versions, like "Underwear" instead of "Uniform". Plus, there is one line I love from Hot Shots the movie: "What I would give to be twenty years younger... and a woman!"

reply to post by tpeele

Military-based movies, video games, literature, etc. would help you recognize these verbal code words:

NATO Phonetic Alphabet

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by guppy

Alrighty then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join