It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Spielberg and UFO Disclosure

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm sorry but trying to find some credibility behind a movie director conditioning us for disclosure or even go as far as to say that this director is working for the government which is starting to condition us through movies is really stretching it. That would mean we should be awaiting the arrivals of Super HEROES, lol If we're to believe that movies are just the start of disclosure. So anyways, everyone sit tight and look towards the skies, not only for flying saucers but caped crusaders and leagues of super heroes!

[edit on 27-5-2008 by snookhums]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Documented: J Allen Hynek was the technical advisor for CEIII and sold the movie title to Speilberg for peanuts. He is listed in the end credits and makes a cameo at the end-he's the guy in the suit with the cigar as the ETs start to come out of the craft.

Verified: During the CEIII filming for Reagan, Reagan whispered into Spielberg's ear saying something to the effect-I'll bet there's not 10 people in this room that know how real this is.

Unverified:

Spielberg was given unlimted access to files at Wright Patterson AFB. The government promised Spielberg to recoop film expense of making CEIII if necessary. Because of the succes of the movie it wasn't necessary. The project was part of a government initiative at the time to disclose. World political instability stopped the initiative.

Some UFO researchers have said that Spielberg used to be open about some of this info in the paragraph, but has since closed down and denied most everything, though 3rd parties have verified some of this information.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The UFO twist and the aliens' visual depiction are exaggerations of the truth. We are the aliens, and our collective human history has been hidden from view. The funny part is that so many people in the modern era have been led, or have led themselves, to believe that they were a part of a top secret initiative to develop a powerful, yet false story of our human origins. Hehehe. All things are possible with God.

I could tell you, but then I'd have to... well, you know. Just wait for it.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone
reply to post by EclipseReloaded

A friend of mine was going to film school years ago and told me one of professors said spielbergs original screenplay was huge and the Film Co wanted him to make three differnt screenplay from it.

What were they? Close Encounters, ET, and Starman were originally the same flick...

I believe your professor was talking about the original Star Wars trilogy. The original screenplay was so large they made him split it up into 3 separate movies,

Star Wars A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back
Return of The Jedi

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
With such a pattern of alien/UFO based movies (Close Encounters of the Third Kind, E.T., War of the Worlds and Roswell/Alien themed Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (no.1 box office movie of 2008) I think Steven Spielberg believes in them and spins cinematic yarn to convey it.

It could even be argued that his movies are a step towards Disclosure...an attrition of man as the only intelligent beings in all of the universe.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

"Verified: During the CEIII filming for Reagan, Reagan whispered into Spielberg's ear saying something to the effect-I'll bet there's not 10 people in this room that know how real this is."

I have heard this rumor before of course but I have never heard of it as anything more than a rumor. You have clearly marked it as "Verified". Would you be so kind as to point me to a reference that I could use to back up "Verified"?

Thanks much!

Vance

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
great thread, I read in Greers book that Speilberg was part of a disclosure agreement with the government thus Close encounters. I beleive the word multidimensional beings pops up twice in the new indiana jones movie.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gonquin

The Close Encounters film was very realistic. The pair of amber/orange orbs that zoom across the sky are bang on. The most frequently seen colour, travelling in a pair, about the right size. He did his research well, or was it from personal experience? These orbs are being seen and filmed more and more these days. Extra dimensional beings? Maybe they are just that, a species/animal that can shape shift. Living around us but rarely in our field of limited blind human vision. To me they seem like they are a biological entity rather than a manufactured thing, but I think with the mind of a human and with the understanding of our own capabilities only.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I believe that the things in The Close Encounter film is based on real happenings. It is a fact that Dr. J. Allen Hynek (Blue Book) was helping Steven to write the story. And I beleive that he told steven secrets about UFOs and Aliens. Dr. J. Allen Hynek is in the movie him self, when the aliens come out of the "Mothership". I beleive he were there when it real happend. Dr. J. Allen Hynek was a skeptic at first but became a beleiver in UFO. Why??

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanishATS
... Dr. J. Allen Hynek was a skeptic at first but became a beleiver in UFO. Why??

Because he became one of the privileged few to learn the truth...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by EclipseReloaded

I know Bill Lyne says UFOs are real and man made and that
the alien talk is just that, all talk to cover the invention of Tesla.
Bill also says Steven Spielberg was once in a party of people
that paid him a visit in his work shop.
He may hardly recall the conversation with Steven's first wife and a
Jesuit companion present but Steven perhaps became firmly convinced
that ships could do what the UFO does is a man made possibility.
Making the movie brings in the government Office of Scientific
Information that made Steven go with the Alien technology
instead of Tesla technology for some preposterous reason.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I watched Close Encounters CE3K again last night. When the investigators realized the pulsed signal was LAT/LONG locations on Earth, they immediately discussed a plan for various ways to clear the area around Devil's Tower /^ The Army decided to fabricate a train wreck with a poison gas leak and with dead animals along side the road. Quite a brilliant idea actually.

[edit to add content]

The idea of a train wreck is duplicated several times in the film CE3K. Early in the film Roy Neary is trying to teach his son a math lesson about fractions using Roy's tabletop model train. The tabletop train crashes.

Later, Roy is caught at the train tracks and receives his sunburn during his first UFO encounter in Indiana.

Later, the Army is transporting citizens away from the quarantined area using trains.

I saw this movie as a kid and it still remains deeply ingrained in my psyche.
edit on 12/8/2010 by SayonaraJupiter because: to add content

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I agree

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Two great interviews:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

2nd video Steven Spielberg he retells the story that his Dad dragged him out to a field in the middle of the night and "...put a picnic blanket on the grassy knoll..."

GRASSY KNOLL!?!?!?!? WTF!!!

Wow & WOW. Thanks for those 2 quick vids.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
He very well could be a Mockingbird (or whatever they're calling it now) operative, but he's still a total hack as a filmmaker. At least Leni Riefenstahl had some talent.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thunderlady

Yeah, I don't believe Spielberg is "in on it", but George Lucas on the other hand...-

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thunderlady
He very well could be a Mockingbird (or whatever they're calling it now) operative, but he's still a total hack as a filmmaker. At least Leni Riefenstahl had some talent.

That depends on your worldview. When you say Spielberg is a "total hack as a filmmaker" perhaps you are referring to some obtuse formula for art criticism? When you say "total hack" what does it mean exactly?

CE3K, it is so hard to believe, that "total hack" Spielberg made a movie that is still relevant 33 years later?

Star Wars was released May 25, 1977
Close Encounters was released November 16, 1977

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Obscure? No. Film criticism? Yes. He's a paint by the numbers bull#ter, heavy handed, artificial and uncreative at every turn. He's no artist. And the blame for all these garbage movies we have today (not to mention the problem with Americans' attention spans) can be partially rested upon his shoulders for rejecting the influences The New Wave had on American 70s cinema and resorting back to the lowest common denominator pap of 3D monster movie matinees and hula hooping beach bunnies.

Suggested Reading:

The Films of John Cassavetes: Pragmatism, Modernism and The Movies by Ray Carney
edit on 8-12-2010 by thunderlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by thunderlady
Obscure, no? Film criticism, yes. He's a paint by the numbers bull#ter, heavy handed and uncreative at every turn. He's no artist. And the blame for all these garbage movies we have today can be partially rested upon his shoulders for rejecting the influences The New Wave had on American 70s cinema and resorting back to lowest common denominator pap.

Nonsense. Roy Neary is the everyman of The New Wave caught in a unique and alien, existential dilemma. Roy instinctively knows that something is "up". He is at a lost for words to explain it.

"Ronnie, all I want to know is what is going on. I saw something last night that I can't explain. I'm going out there again tonight you know."

Roy follows his instincts even not knowing what the meaning is. His dream is realized in his journey. His quest belongs to him and him alone. These are not the characteristics of "total hack" filmmaker.

If you want to see Spielberg doing The New Wave take a look at Roy's house and his family and how he handles his experiences. The tremendous amount of detail is indeed New Wave.

Francois Truffaut played a main role in Close Encounters. That's a New Wave director appearing as an actor in another director's film.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join