It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Spielberg and UFO Disclosure

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
lol

He's still a hack.

But, SayonaraJupiter, you could write a hilarious satirical faux-critique on the theory that Spielberg is/was secretly an existentialist filmmaker.

edit on 8-12-2010 by thunderlady because: incomplete

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I don't think Spielberg's likely belief in UFOs is even really a secret. I am pretty certain he believes in them and if asked he'd probably say he does. He might have even done so in some promotions for one or all of these movies, I don't recall.

Originally posted by jedimiller
Steven had a close encounter when he was a child. I think that he wrote ET based on his childhood. If you watch the film closely and his life there are too many coincidences there. I concluded that he found ET running around in his backyard and gave him powers, then the government took the Alien away. At least, that's what I believe about steven.

I want to see the crystal skulls.

Spielberg did not write ET, though I'm sure he added a lot of graces from his own life. The whole thing of the mother being divorced is from his own life and 'broken homes' or difficult family life was a common theme in a lot of his early films (remember the way Richard Dryfuss' character freaks out in Close Encounters, causing his wife to leave with the kids?). I don't think this is evidence that the story is based on something from his own life, though. As I said, it was written by someone else - Melissa Mathison (who was dating and later married Harrison Ford, at the time).
edit on 12/8/2010 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
(remember the way Richard Dryfuss' character freaks out in Close Encounters, causing his wife to leave with the kids?).

He should have done the same thing in Mr Holland's Opus.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
He's (Spielberg) got a hand in another 'alien' film due out next year - Super 8
There's not much info around at the moment, but could be worth a look:
IMDB Super 8

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Actually, the Spielberg comment was made at a screening of ET, not CEOTK...

Spielberg’s most successful alien film, E.T., was also an Oval Office favourite. Incumbent this time was Ronald Reagan, who, like both Carter and Spielberg, was also known to be keenly interested in UFOs. During a private screening of E.T. at the White House in 1982 in which Reagan and Spielberg were seated together, the President is reported to have leaned over to his guest and whispered: “You know, there aren’t six people in this room who know how true this really is.”[xvi] Spielberg related this story to Hollywood television producer Jamie Shandera shortly after the screening.

From the presidentialufo.com website.
The credited source is a bit dubious though (i.e. Bill Moore)...

William L. Moore, “President Reagan on Aliens,” Focus Magazine, November 1, 1987.

The screening of CEOTK was with Carter.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Good Thread. I have always wondered this myself.
I think there are too many coincidences for him NOT to believe in UFOs and such.
This caught my eye because I saw a preview for "Cowboys & Aliens" which is his new movie coming out in 2011. Looks pretty entertaining.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Post from the past.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join