It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did they choose this day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Ok this is a serious question why did the attacks that happened is 2001 happen on the 11th of September. Why the number 11. Were they trying to send a secret message? I�m not asking who did it just asking why did they choose that day?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
others might not feel this way, but I do. I think it was to poke fun at 911. Why not attack on the day that is the emergence number

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It could be the subliminal message associated with 9/11 in the minds of people, so that they could take September 11, 2001 as the "emergency" that demanded immediate attention.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
They appear to have a sense of humor also.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It was because one of the terrorists loved the car Porsche 911.

So they picked the date 9/11.
No joke, that's official, read it in several magazines.

Let's sue Porsche

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
others might not feel this way, but I do. I think it was to poke fun at 911. Why not attack on the day that is the emergence number

I thought about that, too....until I though why didn't they attack on 9/11/99 or 9/11/00 why only 9/11/01? that's the only flaw. because they could attacked on any 9/11 the years before, but they never did, they waited for 2001...it could because the new millenium officaly started in 2001, but wouldn't they attack on new years if that was the case, not halfway in to the year?

And if it wasn't the date, maybe it was the day, it was a Tuesday. I don't know if that has anything to to with it....but why a Tuesday?

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Curiosity]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

because they could attacked on any 9/11 the years before....

how do you know that? their first attack on the WTC was in 93' and i'm sure it took years of planning as well. the 9/11 attack was much more complex so it makes sense that it would take some time to plan and whatnot, no?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Cobra, that's exactly what I was thinking. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Mr. Mulder

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
does there have to be a reason, in order to orcastrate such a large attack would of taken months of planning and a few oppertunistic moments it could of easily happened the day before or the day after

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
wasn't there something about the numbers being special to the illuminati or some group? or was that the flight numbers i am thinking of?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by enomus

because they could attacked on any 9/11 the years before....

how do you know that? their first attack on the WTC was in 93' and i'm sure it took years of planning as well. the 9/11 attack was much more complex so it makes sense that it would take some time to plan and whatnot, no?

Yeah....but still, I was just making a point about SpittinCobra post about being 911. and if this was true, then it could have happened any 9/11 not nessisaraly 9/11/01. And I agree it would take alot of planing. but It wouldn't take this long.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Someone said that it was b/c it was the same day as a training exercise that invovled planes hitting buildings

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cs_Exile
does there have to be a reason, in order to orcastrate such a large attack would of taken months of planning and a few oppertunistic moments it could of easily happened the day before or the day after

From what I can tell, there is symbolism behind everything. I think there is symbolism behind the date. Since they are intent on playing us on our own terms, I feel that the 911 symbolism is an obvious choice. It shows they know us and the things we fear. Why 2001, I do not know. But I'm sure there's a reason, something significant there. Don't any of the 911 debunking sites profess a reason for that specific date? Wasn't it also the 50th anniversary of the opening of the Pentagon?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
why does everything have to have a reason behind it? if i was planning an attack the last thing i would be concerned about is the day. if it had happened on some other date you would probably be questioning it the same way.

top topics

join