It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its a Normal Phenomenen...Get Over It

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The phenomenen that I am talking about is the coloured clouds prior to the earthquake in China. There are a few threads claiming that the clouds are something unusual and caused the earthquake while other allegations refer to them as a product of HAARP or related to the government spraying nasty stuff in the air.

The thing is that it is a normal, well known and quite frequent weather phenomenen called iridescence also known as irisation.

Its caused when similiar sized water or ice droplets in clouds, diffract sunlight giving the cloud brilliant rainbow colours. It occurs in random patches and/ or at the edge of forming cloud structures. The clouds it occurs in are altocumulus, cirrocumulus and very frequently in lenticular clouds (type of altocumulus)

www.creations-photos.com...
www.metvuw.com...
www.astronomy.ro...

Need I post anymore?

So can we please drop the whole strange cloud causing earthquake/ chemtrail/ HAARP crap

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
So can we please drop the whole strange cloud causing earthquake/ chemtrail/ HAARP crap

So because you posted three pictures of rainbow like clouds you expect this whole community to "drop" the entire speculation about the possible connections between observed clouds in China the occurance of the earthquake.

I don't think it is quite that easy.

Also shouldn't this be referred to the existing thread discussing such matters rather than allowing it's own thread?

It seems I see alot of threads lately being referred to existing threads, why would this have it's own rather than being posted where the conversation is already going.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

So because you posted three pictures of rainbow like clouds you expect this whole community to "drop" the entire speculation about the possible connections between observed clouds in China the occurance of the earthquake.

No, it was posted to show that these clouds occur without earthquakes. Why is it, that whenever people like yourself see stuff that they dont understand, it has to be automatically some government cover up. And it gives me a chance to explain to people who sit on the fence so that there isnt only one point of view

It seems I see alot of threads lately being referred to existing threads, why would this have it's own rather than being posted where the conversation is already going.

Yeah, well instead of posting on every single one of those threads, i choose to write it once on my own thread. Makes sense doesnt it?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Firstly I never said a thing about government cover up and the mention of
"People like you" is pretty condensending, don't ya think? People like me??? How well do you know me, Oz?

The other point is there is certain protocol around here and generally if there is an existing thread the staff move new threads with the same content to that. So that is real nice that you like to ignore the threads of others and just "make your own" but that doesn't work for "people like me" ours get moved to the original discussion.

But, hey! Whatever works!!!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Starred and Flagged,another great post as usual my friend,debunking and bringing these people "back down to reality".Only after we rid this site of paranoia can we focus on things that might actually be real.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Ok, if you feel I have breached the ATS protocol, report the thread to the staff, its fair to let them decide as they run the place. Then dont forget to report every other single thread that debates another thread. For example, a thread that says "The moon landing is a hoax" and any thread that says "The moon landing isn't a hoax". Same thing isnt it?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I don't need to report you, Oz. The staff here has a handle on things.

You do what you like, as always.

It's all good, I just said my piece, carry on!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Are these the same thing as "earthquake"lights?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Are these the same thing as "earthquake"lights?

Not sure if I understand what you are trying to say mate

I posted it because the cloud colours were saw on the same day as the China earthquake happened. Was just trying to show that were not related to the earthquake

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
how do you know for 100% sure?

I'm sorry but just because you are saying it, and you are a weatherman, does not make it so.

Earthquake lights do happen. Per haps you just haven't seen them yoursef to know??

[edit on 5/20/2008 by Telafree]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telafree
how do you know for 100% sure?

I'm sorry but just because you are saying it, and you are a weatherman, does not make it so.

Earthquake lights do happen. Per haps you just haven't seen them yoursef to know??

[edit on 5/20/2008 by Telafree]

www.atoptics.co.uk...
apod.nasa.gov...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.psi.edu...
epod.usra.edu...
www.allthesky.com...
ukazy.astro.cz...

Shall I post anymore links or have you got the picture?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Anyone who has seen those beautiful pastel sunsets should understand light refraction in its simplest forms. Places that have experianced drought conditions and minor dust storms are going to see those colors refracted from the dust particles in the air in the late day light! Being from the midwest (Kansas) I can tell you that before a dangerous storm the clouds can be a meriad of colors. If they turn blue green, find a deep whole and pray the possible comming of a tornado passes you by!

Zindo

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

My thoughts exactly, but it seems as if its almost a majority of people make assumptions based on lack of knowledge or paranoia.

Thats why i started this thread, to hopefully educate

[edit on 20/5/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
And just to add, here's an article about scientists saying the clouds were not rerlated to the quake

english.sina.com...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Earthquake lights are sometimes seen before earthquakes due to the magnetic fluctuations prior to a quake...........they look similar to an aurora.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Earthquake lights are sometimes seen before earthquakes due to the magnetic fluctuations prior to a quake...........they look similar to an aurora.

Yeah mate I know, but this wasnt aurora, this was irisation. There is a clear difference and all the Chinese scientists are saying that the clouds had nothing to do with this quake

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Thanks for your post OZ...I was going to post in the thread regarding these lights and the earthquake basically stating the same thing as you, and I was thinking, where is OZ...he needs to be here to give the details of this, and here you are :-)

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Why should we listen to a member who demonstrates some scientific knowledge and backs up his assertions with photographic evidence, when we can take the word of poorly informed anti-government ideolgues?

Why, indeed.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The opening post on the thread simply had three pictures of rainbow clouds with no other information.

That wasn't educational, IMO.

I went back and looked at the links, I still don't see where the "evidence" has anything to do with what was observed before the quakes. I just see alot of pictures of the phenomena of rainbow like clouds and a short article about the animals and clouds not being indicators of the earthquake by one scientist.

Interesting, but doesn't really seem to convincing.

Got something more for us, OZ?

[edit on 20-5-2008 by interestedalways]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Forgive me your majesty Oz. Some believe they 'were' earthquake lights. Whom are you? The God of all weather? You make me laugh sometimes in your sneering condescending way. Get over yourself already 'extraodinairre'.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join