It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats, with murder on their minds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Bear with me here.
This is an unusual story.

Apparently a man in Reno, NV has been told by his cats, to go on a murderous rampage. the story is still fluid. I waited until today to post this, as some of the supplied info was erroneous. Yesterday we were told to be on the lookout for a guy and TEN Cats in a Mercedes

Reno police are attempting to track down a man who claimed to kill his family and said his cats told him randomly shoot people on Sunday afternoon.

He called the Reno Police Department at 4:41 p.m. saying he had killed his family in the 7,000 block of Mae Anne Avenue, but police investigation turned up no sign of fatalities.

According to initial reports police said the man claimed to have strangled his wife and killed his children, and that he was going to drive to Spanish Springs and randomly shoot people because he was “doing God’s work.”

Now we've had our share of mini-earthquakes here, and have been on the alert for unusual animal behavior. No one has mentioned the potential for felonious felines.

Killer Cats

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think my neighbors cats are doing the same thing to her...She keeps yelling at me to stop playing my banjo at midnight....Her cats have been giving me the evil eye lately...She ain't got no danged mercedes tho.maybe I'm safe!!!

I realy have to research this one..another Son of Sam like case..just what we needed to make the summer interesting!!!
Zindo

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Bear with me here.
This is an unusual story.

Apparently a man in Reno, NV has been told by his cats, to go on a murderous rampage. the story is still fluid. I waited until today to post this, as some of the supplied info was erroneous. Yesterday we were told to be on the lookout for a guy and TEN Cats in a Mercedes

Reno police are attempting to track down a man who claimed to kill his family and said his cats told him randomly shoot people on Sunday afternoon.

He called the Reno Police Department at 4:41 p.m. saying he had killed his family in the 7,000 block of Mae Anne Avenue, but police investigation turned up no sign of fatalities.

According to initial reports police said the man claimed to have strangled his wife and killed his children, and that he was going to drive to Spanish Springs and randomly shoot people because he was “doing God’s work.”

Now we've had our share of mini-earthquakes here, and have been on the alert for unusual animal behavior. No one has mentioned the potential for felonious felines.

Killer Cats

This [snip] sound likes somethin' from the 'Son of Sam.' Although them cats' can be A-holes sometimes. Have you seen Garfield? And for the guy with TEN Cats in a Mercedes....now that [snip] is crazy.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by asala]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I want to know if the guy actually killed anyone! Cats are very intelligent, but I do not think they can talk you into committing murder. Hope they find him soon and rescue those poor cats.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I roll my eyes

I have all ways hated cat's with a passion IMO The only good cat is one that is stuck to the road

I know that will upset many people but that's just what i think

For some reason i think they are very evil and conniving and we better watch our backs

[edit on 19-5-2008 by duffster]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Cats are very intelligent, but I do not think they can talk you into committing murder.

If a single cat can convince a human to drill holes and swear at tools and spend a thoroughly decent bank holiday installing a door-within-a-door for their own private use, then the collective powers of suggestion in large numbers of felines against a single human target could perhaps stretch to murderous mind-control manipulations!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Cats would eat, sleep, and live with your for years. Later to betray you for a little tuna and a dead goldfish. They are either to smart for their own good, or just don't care about anything, but themselves.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I find it odd that a cat person can live with a feline and not realize that if that cat was 100 pounds heavier it would kill and eat them without a second thought.

The cat is the ultimate egomaniac. It knows only it's own needs and desires. It cares not if you live or die. Mankind is nothing but a tool it uses to achieve its own wants and needs.

I think the Son of Sam was just a nut job doing his own bidding, But I can see a cat committing evil in the world. (And I don't even believe in evil!)

We're stuck with them though. The Black Plague spread across Europe because it was blamed on the cats. They were killed where ever they were found. The rats were spreading the plague though and the more cats killed, the further the plague spread.

They have their place among us.

I just wouldn't trust one.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
LOL Ten cats in a Mercedes is about 10 too many.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by sc2099]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
This reminds me of a cat I once knew.

I have met some wimpy cats in my day, but this cat, oh, he was no ordinary cat. For one thing his name was Smitty, a name which I imagine was derived from the word smite (which is fairly ominous in itself).

He was HUGE. Half as big as a mountain lion. This cat was the spawn of satan, and he made no effort to hide it. I'm certain the mark of the beast was there under his fur somewhere. He was once witnessed riding upon the back of a terrified Black Lab which ran bawling and yelping right on down the street. He was grinning a giant cheshire grin and his eyes were turned red as blood. That was a fearsome sight to behold I tell you!

He was mean to the core. He could trick you into scratching his head and then moments later he'd give you that spawn of satan look as he spilled your steaming entrails right out of your chest onto the kitchen floor. Well, he never actually did that (at least not to me), but he was thinking about it. He was thinking about a lot of nasty things. Like how to murder your grandmother and how to kill and eat a priest. But I digress.

I know, most of you are thinking you could brawl this cat single handed. But I find myself wondering just how many of you cat brawlers it would take to make it a fair fight. I'm thinking about 7 or 8, well 7 or 8 big fella's that is.....and weapons. Weapons would be good. And a large Crucifix with a pointed silver stake on the bottom...that couldn't hurt.

Don't you go messing with Smitty until you have made your peace with God.

Edit: I may have exagerated about his size just a bit

[edit on 20-5-2008 by SystemiK]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I find it odd that a cat person can live with a feline and not realize that if that cat was 100 pounds heavier it would kill and eat them without a second thought.

Maybe it's simply because you are ignorant? no offence.

Because what you said is not true. You do not understand cats.

Edit: sorry just reread this, seems a bit harsh.

But I have talked to many people who don't like cats, and a lot of them never had a cat before or had a bad childhood experience with a cat.

When I said your ignornat, I did not mean in an offencive way, just maybe because you have never lived with one or gotten close to one and understand the way they think.

I've had cats all my life, so I could say I understand them. My conclusions = emotional, intelligent, loving creatures, if you come accross a mean cat, it probably means it might have been mistreated as a kitten. Violence etc.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

LOL i must say i injoyed your story very much

I do remember a cat like Smitty very nasty but like all nasty cats they get run over

Thanks for the laff

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
While I think the mind altering effects of one or two cats may be overcome, ten of them in the confined space of a Mercedes is just tempting fate. The combined mental manipulation of several cats is too much to defend against. The guy clearly stood no chance.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by _Del_]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I must admit this is a funny image, 10 cats stuck in a car with a crazy person lol.

I assume the "human" is crazy, because I have never heard of a cat telling people to kill lol. But humans are well known for all this crazines unlike cats, therefore I come to the conclusion, that this is a crazy man.

Would love to hear more thou.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I assume the "human" is crazy, because I have never heard of a cat telling people to kill lol.

Maybe that's because you've never been in a Mercedes with 10 cats. Admit it, it's true.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

That pic is awesome! I am stealing it.

And I agree with _Phoenix_. I know most of you were kidding (I hope), but I have had cats for years and they are all loving- greet me when I come home, come when I call them (sometimes :roll
, and cuddle with me- more "doglike" I suppose. I think this might be because they are indoor only, and indoor only cats tend to be more domesticated because they can't roam.

Anyway, I hope they catch that guy- and find good homes for his cats. Who will, obviously, have to be separated, lest they unleash their collective wrath on another human.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole

Cats can be more dog like or even human than people think.

I play fetch with my cats lol, I throw something, E.G a spaghetti pasta, ball, coke bottle lid, the cat runs and gets it, then comes running back with excitement and drops it at my feet. Cute.

Cats also have excellent memory, everytime I open my food cupboard, my cat appears out of nowhere, and wants me to throw him a spaghetti pasta for him to fetch lol. My cat also comes to sit by me when I'm sitting down and stares at me, I wonder why? then I realise I'm drinking coke, he must want the lid, haha.

Cats also learn a lot by watching. My (now dead
) cat used to use the door letterbox to knock on our door to come in lol. Once in the middle of the night, something was knocking on our door repeatedly, my mother was scared, because nobody comes at this time of the night, but what scared her most was that all our cats were inside the house!

So I opened the door, it was the neighbours cat!! lol, the cat learned to knock from watching our cat haha.

Anyway what I'm trying to say is, there is much more to a cat than people may think. And they can be very emotional creatures, almost human like, actually the older a cat gets I have noticed they seem to get more human, or intelligent? something like that.

A lot of people have not gotten close to a cat in their lives, so I can understand how they don't understand them.

My cats are like family to me, and I'm not crazy, I'm a normal 21 year old male. Well nobody is normal

[edit on 20-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

top topics

join