It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do a billion Muslims really think?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545
I brought it up for the exact reason you mentioned. Spree killers are white.

no they aren't, some are some aren't, and I would be interested in which statistics you are using to say spree killers are more likely to be white than the white percentage in the general population- ie, if 80% of the population is white, if the number of spree killers are less than 80% white, then there is no greater propensity to be a spree killer if you are white compared with any other race.

If it can be said that the people that commit honor killings have no place in the 21st century, then surely the same can be said for your average white kid that goes and shoots up a school.

neither has any place in society, murder in general has no place in society, and certainly SPREE killers of any race have no place in society, not just white ones.

I am not advocating honor killings, they are a disgusting practice, but no less disgusting is the disillusioned white kid that decides to take out several of his classmates and teachers before going down in a "blaze of glory".

I agree, and no less disgusting is a black man who rapes and murders a white women, but we are discussing honour killings........

Also, "white" is a race, Islam is a religion

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I was referring to the use of honor killings in this thread alone to justify anti-Islamic comments. That's what I meant by blowing the numbers out of proportion.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

And Honor Killings are cultural.

(since we're clearing things up here.
)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

And Honor Killings are cultural.

(since we're clearing things up here.
)

in the UK example it is tied up with both, religion and culture, ie mainly attributed to muslims from the bangladeshi/pakistani/indian region

There is a mixing of the two, neither can be separated

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I was referring to the use of honor killings in this thread alone to justify anti-Islamic comments. That's what I meant by blowing the numbers out of proportion.

one has to be careful one doesn't get carried away, although to deny it is a significant problem within elements of the Islamic community is just head in the stand stuff

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I have been doing some thinking and I think all religions except one should be abolished from the earth. That religion is Rastafarianism. We all smoke the weed, no more war. Everybody is laid back and no more uptight squabbling about who is right.

Granted this is a pipedream, but until people can learn to accept and respect each other's choices, I see no other alternative.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
There are approximately 1.8 billion Muslims in the world today. Praise be to God.

"Truth hath come and falsehood hath vanished away. Lo! falsehood is ever bound to vanish."

The truth about 9/11 is finally out. Praise be to God this incident wherewith they hoped will damage Islam only strengthened it. 20,000 Americans convert to Islam annually since the attack... All Praise belongs to God, The Lord of The Worlds.

"There is NO compulsion in religion. The right direction is henceforth distinct from error. And he who rejecteth false deities and believeth in Allah hath grasped a firm handhold which will never break. Allah is Hearer, Knower." 2:256 Holy Quran.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I don't hate anyone. I just simply said we are at war with these people. Their whole religion is based on violence and we are fighting an enemy that we don't know who it is. Given that I think they all need to be quarantined or deported for a while.
Let me share this with you for a second. My neighbor in the apartment under mine a couple of years ago was Iraqi. We got along famously. We were great friends. We were friends for about 2 years and never had a problem. One night I happened to notice about 6 men in robes and turbans come up to his door. I could totally see through the spaces in my deck. I saw them hand him a wad of cash and he then handed them a large manila envelope and they left. I never questioned what I saw until the next week the same thing happened again and then again. Finally I got concerned and called the police just so they could keep an eye on him. They laughed at me. Two weeks later he beat the crap out of his wife and the police showed up. When they entered his apartment he had a giant painting of Sadaam Hussein on his living room wall. They removed a freakin arsenal of weapons. He had AKs, ARs, rocket launchers and explosives. The FBI and NSA showed up immediately. They interviewed us and I told them about my call to the police a few weeks earlier. I simply got an apology. They removed large bundles of cash and those manila envelopes. They would not explain everything to us, but it was a really big deal.
I never would have suspected him of anything like that, but he apparently was into some really bad stuff and the Iraqi government or Iraqi terrorists were funding whatever he did or was supposed to do. That is where my paranoia is coming from. How can you know who of them to trust?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Why do you have to smoke weed to relax and not be uptight? Just a curiosity of mine.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

in the UK example it is tied up with both, religion and culture, ie mainly attributed to muslims from the bangladeshi/pakistani/indian region

There is a mixing of the two, neither can be separated

But it is separate. Since the religion itself holds no place for honor killings, and since the there are millions of Muslims who condemn honor killings, and since the majority of offenders are from a specific culture (and practiced within various religions in that culture) we can separate the two.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Aside from finding your story extremely hard to swallow, why do you think 'we' are at war with 'Islam'?

During the Vietnam war, were we at war with Buddhism?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

When they entered his apartment he had a giant painting of Sadaam Hussein on his living room wall.

Hmm.. so you say you "were great friends with him" but yet you never were in his apartment? Didn't see the big Saddam painting till the police hauled it out of there? Taking your word on this, but does seem a bit fishy...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

He was always a bit funny about his apartment. He never entered mine, and I never entered his. I helped him work on his car and he helped me put up my satellite dish but we never hung out in each others homes.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by Rook1545

Why do you have to smoke weed to relax and not be uptight? Just a curiosity of mine.

not, me I am a pretty laid back guy most of the time, but I know alot of people that really need it.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Can we please stay as far away from illegal drug use as possible? I think this is an important thread and I'd hate to see it derailed/trashed because of T&C violations.

tx.

As for the religion thing, it's an all or nothing deal. Either ban all religions, or ban no religion.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofangels_17
There are approximately 1.8 billion Muslims in the world today. Praise be to God.

"Truth hath come and falsehood hath vanished away. Lo! falsehood is ever bound to vanish."

The truth about 9/11 is finally out. Praise be to God this incident wherewith they hoped will damage Islam only strengthened it. 20,000 Americans convert to Islam annually since the attack... All Praise belongs to God, The Lord of The Worlds.

"There is NO compulsion in religion. The right direction is henceforth distinct from error. And he who rejecteth false deities and believeth in Allah hath grasped a firm handhold which will never break. Allah is Hearer, Knower." 2:256 Holy Quran.
This is a confusing post. You claim to be Christian not muslim. What gives?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by projectvxn

I disagree, I think the questions I listed are the things we should be basing our policies towards the Muslim religion on.

In order for their to be peace between the two cultures we must all follow pretty much the same rules, but the Muslims insist that we follow their rules, thus the protests.

Really they are insisting we live by their rules? I never noticed will you please show evidence of this?. My Muslim friend Imran who is from Ahmadabad India who is currently working on his masters (in class with me) and working as a practicing Architect here in the USA displays not even the SLIGHTEST motivation to see me behave as he thinks I should. In fact he often comes out to bars with us, and while he laughs at us when we are drunk, he happily drinks tomato juice and enjoys out conversations.

The only time I saw him visibly uncomfortable in regards to our behavior is when our other mutual friend from Columbia was explaining his ideals and values surrounding sex, but hey the dude is a swinger, it made me blush a bit too.

My point is this, ya sure there are always extremist wackos out there tryi9ng to force every9one to live like them ((ie) religious extremists in the USA who blow up and shoot Abortion doctors) but in reality THIS IS NOT THE MAJORITY.

Poet1b i let your first post go but not this one, and ion fact I will now comment on both. The list you provided is HIGHLY biased. The FRAME you CREATED when you made the list requires a certain kind of answer. I will never forget when I was taught this lesson in school. My professor asked me in front of like 50 people "Sam have you stopped beating your wife?" my instantaneous response was "NO!" because I don't beat my wife. Either yes or no were not suitable answers because the questions asked was a FRAME.

Your list shows a preconceived notion and is therefore, IMHO, valueless.

To end, all the ?Muslims I know living in the USA, and France for that matter (my wife is from Souther France So I have spent a lot of time there), live according to their customs and NEVER have I had anyone of them try to force anything on me.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Aside from finding your story extremely hard to swallow, why do you think 'we' are at war with 'Islam'?

During the Vietnam war, were we at war with Buddhism?

Wow I laughed really hard when I read the sentence "During the Vietnam war, were we at war with Buddhism?". Thanks I needed that.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

Christians are allowed to reference the Qu'ran (and not only in a nit-picking bad way either).

And All praises be to God is about as generic as it comes. Anyone, even agnostics are allowed to say that.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

I think the point is why would a professing Christian go around quoting the Quran instead of the Bible?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join