It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Group 2012, Eastern Canada?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ottawa here. I'm thinking of heading north if things get bad, before any big event. Probably high up in the Laurentians. Looking for cheap remote cottage land that I can get to in emergency and stockpile there.

I figure 1200-1500 feet (400-500 meters) above sea level should be enough. Only really worried about a pole shift where I end up at the new north pole!

Labrador would be great if you can get there. Northern Ontario would also be good as the Can shield is proven old solid rock. Research and find a place ahead of time, maybe even 'practice' getting out of town in a hurry to find alternate routes. GPS traffic reports would help here but don't count on it during crisis.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm in Newfoundland (born and raised, b'y) and live on the very edge of Gros Morne National Park. Not sure exactly how high the mountains are around there, but having driven through the park more times than I can count, I can say with some certainty that they're pretty high. Unfortunately Newfoundland is an island, and well in the path of any fallout from the North-Eastern United States.

There's no shortage of natural resources in the area just the same, plenty of lumber, salmon streams and ponds full of trout all over the place. Not to mention some supremely massive moose and a large population of Caribou. A whole lot of farm land in my town in particular, some of the provinces biggest farms exist right in my home town. While our marine resources have certainly taken a nose dive in recent decades, it's still possible during the summer months especially to catch capelin (a very small smelt-like fish) from the shore with a casting net. Seals, halibut, cod fish and the like are still extremely common as well.

Historically, Newfoundlanders have been a very self sufficient people. The survivalist mentality is alive and well here on the Rock.

Central or Northern Labrador sounds like a great spot, extremely remote and mostly unpopulated. Unfortunately it gets cold as all hell up there in the winter, while the winters here on the rock are relatively mild - save for a big heaping helping of the white stuff.

Just checked Wikipedia quickly.. Gros Morne, the mountain after which the park is named, has an elevation of 2671ft. Perhaps high enough to survive a massive tidal wave? Assuming of course that one even occurs.. so many other variables.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Who here thinks Ottawa is a horrible place to be if sit-x happens? We got a river in the way (good or bad), highways (good if driving, I guess), random communities throughout, and our wilderness is spotty with sections of civilization everywhere. Sure, it's better than a number of major cities, but still.
If a sit-x occurs, I would try to get as far away from civilization as I could.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Where in Eastern Canada are you? There are a few of us in the Montreal area who are looking for higher ground in the Laurentians. Please post a response if you are near us, or can get to this area. Its the highest ground, and no nuclear reactors near... LOL seriously though.... we are interested in forming a survival group.... 4.5 years... its time to pool resources and skills....

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by picrat

Regarding what happened to the nuclear power plants during the black-out: I believe, like hospitals and other certain building, they would have back-up generators to keep them running in case of emergencies just like that.

If anyone knows of any other central Canada survival groups, please do tell!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm in muskoka and plan to travel further north...away from huge bodies of water....as soon as planet x becomes visible to the naked eye(sometime next spring). I plan to start stocking up on canned goods, seeds, books on making/processing everything from baskets to meat, to melting metals. You never know what information you'll need when you don't have the net to use! I heard that canada will be screwed due to the poles shifting...but who knows forsure! I'm trying to keep positive thoughts about everything but it doesn't hurt to be prepared!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

i can make it there if indeed siX does happen. I plan on waiting it out here for a little while longer and see how things build up from here. if i feel i have to i definetly will. (hopefuly i feel this before sitX happens as i am very close to the ocan and would probobly be screwed.)

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I live in Japan and there are many mountains here... they are everywhere so they are well above sea level. However I learned of this 2012 thing after I decided to move to oregon. Hopefully they have many mountains there.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I'm near Montreal too. I'll go north with a bunch of friends in any Sit X... near one of the hundreds of lakes in northern Quebec.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Those that want to just let it go ,good luck move into the light as they say.

Im going to round up a lot of woman and head out into the mountains.
I know that way life has a chance to continue.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by solo1]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

I'm in the same area. SSM, ONT

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Sorry to butt in to the conversation, but I'm trying to figure out what everyone is running from. Is it something related to the 2012 myth? By the "myth" comment, I mean no offense, I just don't think anything is going to happen....sort of like y2k...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
LOL yeh they think there is definitely something going to happen in 2012.
They talking about it like its been officially announced and confirmed and everyone is gonna die hahaha
They must be making the book and video sellers rich.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tylerc25211

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I was thinking the Sheild myself, that is to keep low just before the action, but when the time comes, my body tells me north west. I imagine the rist off the Rockies, but I cant ignore my gut either.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm also in Hali, but as far as avoiding flooding the mountains around the valley, but the best bet would be going to Cape Breton and finding some elevation there. Now if your not apposed to leaving this beautiful province after ontario the elevation begins to rise till you hit the rockies. As far as the rest of the nasty stuff of 2012 I am not that confident in what else to expect, to be honest my bigest concern when I first heard of a pole shift was in regards to navigation however I have a feeling we are past that now with GPS an all.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
My only advice for everyone is very simple.

No matter where you are in Canada, think about a canoe (or even better knowing how to make a seasonal birch bark canoe). It is light enough to carry, and with the proper knowledge can get you almost anywhere in Canada. Not to mention it can be used as a shelter too.

My other advice is to go to Alberta or BC. Calgary for instance is over 2000 feet above sea level and only a 30 minute drive from mountains that can get double that.

I have also heard that if there was a nuclear apocalypse, the safest place in Canada is the Pemberton valley, because the air currents virtually never come from a direction that would carry fallout. This however was only word of mouth, I cannot attest to it.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by WuTang]

[edit on 28-8-2008 by WuTang]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join