It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississipi Is the U.S's dumbest state. Where do you rank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
services.alphaworks.ibm.com...

anepigone.blogspot.com...

Do less intelligent states have bad education or do the smart states just get lucky for having low population(Dakotas) or small area an ivy league schools(Massachusetts)?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Wow, most of the dumb states are in the south. Must be inbreeding at work.

Oh wait a minute!! I live in a dumb state.

[edit on 5-17-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Good grief! Washington D.C. 88????

No wonder we are in trouble! Average is 90 to 109, WOW!

Roper

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Roper]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Interesting that the smartest states are the ones closest to Canada!
Must be some of our geniusness rubbing off on you!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well, im from Texas (born and raised ) Yeeeehaw....97-98%. Not too shabby

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ohio here!

99.6 is the average in my state

Wow, that's really really sad how low IQ's are.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The only reason schools in the south are dumb is because the black kids aren't being taught equally white kids learn more but they hide it but what they cant hid is the fact that if they don't teach these black children right the state looks dumb as a mug

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Hmmm, now overlay "Ethnographic" data.
Any correlation?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Instead of the thread title saying "Mississippi is the U.S's dumbest state" it should read "Massachusetts is the U.S's smartest state."

Just sayin...you don't need to say it in such a way to be a downer. Then again, I'm just eating up this fact because I'M FROM MASSACHUSETTS!
MUAHAHAHA!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm from Texas but now live in California. I guess you can say that I'm glad people don't rate people based on what state they live in... I think they don't, do they?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
We shall overwhelm you with our massive intellect and Red Sox paraphenalia! There is also a glut of Mass based fiction writers as well.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Not to sound racist i add this disclaimer. If you notice the states with the lowest scores tout the highest minority populations per capita.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
NY riging in here. The chart seems about accurate. A lot of smart people, and a lot of dumbasses here too.

Isn't Mississipi also the fattest state?

EDIT to add images (for comparison):

[edit on 9/30/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I moved from the 23rd to the 6th. Having been in and out of and living beside number 1 all my life I must say I am shocked and amazed. Some guy there beat another guy with a bat because he was from New York and apparently a Yankees fan. Now I dont much care for New Yorkers or New York (I am on record wishing the island to sink) but I wouldnt beat someone over a sports rivalry. Mass also is famous for it's tight gun laws and it's rampant gang shootings. Stop Snitchin' anyone? It must just be that the intense genius of Frank and Kennedy through the curve out of whack.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Do these statistics seem surprising considering that 100 is an average IQ? All these scores fall well within one standard deviation of the mean, if the SD is 12 points, which it is on the most often used IQ test.

So, even the "dumbest" state has a normal average IQ.

The one that is problematic is DC, whose average IQ is at the very bottom of the normal range.

This doesn't reflect the intelligence of our legislators, because virtually all have their residencies in their home states.

However, the average IQ for DC is very troubling, if the data are correct.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Dragon Demesne,

That's what the late Senator Moynihan used to say, as a veiled way of getting at what the inconvenient data he looked at led an objective observer to conclude. Great minds think I like, I guess!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Ha, my IQ is smarter than all of those averages.

For my state, my state is ranked 34th.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
17, baby!

Not too bad, I suppose.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
wow im about 40 points above my state AVG, GA

[edit on 2/19/09 by Psyclon9]

top topics

join