It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers 'supply guns to criminals'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Soldiers 'supply guns to criminals'

news.bbc.co.uk

Some British army weapons are finding their way into the hands of criminal gangs - and a former Royal Military Police investigator believes they may be ill-equipped to stop it.

Mark is in his 30s and he says he now lives a quiet life. But in the 1990s, he had links with criminal gangs in Manchester.

He claims to have bought hundreds of guns to hire out to his associates for use in serious crime, and they would often come from an unlikely source - the armed forces.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Ah, so now we know how the all the teenagers are killing each other. Now we know why guns are all over the UK.

It's the fault of the British military.. and not the 'secretive' arms dealers. I mean, come one, who on Earth would sell 4 or 5 guns to a bunch of people for a small bit of profit at a time other than a squaddie returning from a war zone?

Brings a whole new meaning to acts of terrorism...oops shouldn't have said that, they'll probably create a new law now..

Wonder if it'll be a law that states anyone carrying weapons is an enemy combatant and shot on sight...hmm .. a bit contradictory..

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It happens in every army. I'm not saying it is 'the rage' but it is bound to happen. When there is a demand there is always a supply. I don't know if I can establish a link between forces smuggling weapons and gangs though.

Pistols aren't as prolific in the armed forces and all wars as rifles. However, pistols would be easier to smuggle and you sure as hell would feel less guilty about selling a pistol than a rifle to someone.

I made that comment because rifles aren't as prolific in gangs.

Anyway, who cares?

Weapons are easier to acquire than people think, even in England.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is no new thing. Gangs from all over the world will have members join just for the combat experience and tactics. After they have fufilled their contracts they'll get out and teach fellow gang members what they have learned.

top topics

join