It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadows and Egregores

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I first came upon the term "egregore" in one of the threads here on creating energy balls. I'd heard of this before through myths i'd read about (vamp myths, i believe. There was this kind of astral vamp in africa that would turn to orbs of energy and suck the life out of the crops at night.)

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I dunno too much about vampire lore and what not, but i do know a thing or two about shadow people. Shadow people are ghosts, but untuned. Its like getting bad reception on tv, each person is born with some sense of the otherworld. Some people can see ghosts like normal me and you. And some people see them as shadow people, and some people can't even see them at all, but only can feel a presence. With pratice and opening your third eye,you can tune in this reception better, but utlimate its more of a born and in many cases a genetic thing. predominately on the female die of the family.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I.... tend to believe that these aren't ghosts at all. I don't really believe that "ghosts" are what we think they are. There are just as many reports of shadow people being playful and friendly as there are of them being demonic and harmful. I contend that these are just "beings" that can use their abilities/technology to transcend this dimension into a slightly higher/lower dimension, where their presence in this dimension is only slightly felt/seen/or heard most of the time. What their motivations are for infringing upon this dimension are? That's probably just as varied as what human motivations are.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I'm bumping this up. I would think that if they were just upper dimensional beings, they would have no cause to make people like me think they were demons, being all evil, and causing problems, and scaring people, and, and feeding off their fear, and stuff.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Levita it sounds like the kind that are drawn towards unaware psychics, most likely somebody putting out negative energy and like a moth to a flame they come running. you might want to look at anyone around these events who may fit this profile and try to help them learn to put out positive instead of negative

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Oh, don't get the wrong idea. I'm not a poor defenseless one being haunted. I'd commonly be the one fighting against them. This is their effect around here. They left after the last time i fought them, came back in the middle of a bunch of negativity aimed at me, and left again once the stress was over. I am the resident defender, but not exactly one unware. I just mean that i really have difficulty seeing them as anything from an "upper" dimension.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

i have heard about these shadow men or figures i should say i watched a Documentary about one
and what happened was that some kid saw his great grandfather or something like that
he got scared later on in the week he started seeing a shadow man (as he called it)
sometime at night he saw his grand father again and he told the kid not to worry we are fighting the bad spirits.
so anyways if these shadow figures come back again just ignore them and tell them to go away once.
this is because once you ignore them the energy from fear (if you do fear them) stop going to them and without energy there going to go bye bye.
and when you tell them to go away the really have no choice.

here is another option (i have no idea how you are fighting them them as in the shadow figures) but you could attack them with psi energy o yes and that reminds me
you could go into mediation and send white energy waves (you can do this simply by meditating then thinking of white energy flooding the room out of your body).....

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Hmm, well in terms of the figures not being upper-dimensional beings because they appear scary and try to terrorize could just be another facet.Perhaps these are from that plane of existence and these particular entities have certain bents of character much like people do.Some are more predisposed towards negativity and others for positivity.It may also be that they aren't human at all.That their human-like figures are merely our senses way of interpreting these figures into something more or less familiar.If they come from another dimension its certainly possible they characterize widely different forms that our cognitive sense is not pre-disposed to see.So we translate their energy fields into something more or less familiar.In any event, I don't have any concrete answers, mostly speculation.Its good to hear you can adequately defend yourself however ^~^.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by ~Waffles~]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
If you're going for the "They're on a higher plane of existence," thing, then I really think the only way of getting rid of them would be to either... block them out entirely, and there's no way they could do anything, or just restrict the fear/ surprise.

The easier things are to block out, the less you can fight them. Take it like alpha radiation, easiest to block out, but equally the most dangerous form.

Sounds plausible to me for things that would be far higher in plane?

Also, hate to sound a little out of place, but if you wake and see them immediately, depending on which way inclined you are... they're either watching you, planning, or it is a carry on from a dream you've had, and can be explained very easily using pyschology etc.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
an egregore could be a golem? I've read about enteties you can summon, as in you create the entity on the astral level to carry out a specific purpose. And once the purpose is carried out, you are supposed to destroy them. Otherwise they kind of wander around the astral realm getting more and more power.

It's interestign to think about the whole dimensional reality thing. It jsut seems that "nice" beings would be the ones from the higher levels and maliciuos/scary ones would be from the lower levels, the underworld.

Maybe to the things that hurt/scare/attack people there is no morality. I've read about elementals and they supposedly have either a different moral outlook than humans or they do not have one at all. So to us it looks terrible, but maybe it's jsut how these things are. Like big ass scary mosquitoes. Nobody calls mountain lions evil for gruesomely killing a mountain goat.

And honestly every book I've read about elementals says somethign different and there are many contradicting things.

Not saying it's for sure this way, just a possibility.

And the whole not being afraid may not be a good tactic. I've read a thread on shadow people and will post the link if I can find it (you're welcome to search for yourself). In it I think at least 2 people claim that they encountered a shadow/egregore thing and they got in real danger once they stopped fearing it but never elaborated why. They said the event was too terrible and did not want to talk about it.

There are so many of these things it's so frigging tough to figure out what's what.
I really hope the mayans are right about 2012 and we'll finally get some insight into the spiritual realm.

[edit on 7/15/2008 by madhatter3113]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
What's a 'golem'? (Other than the LOTR character-???) Never heard of them. Is it possible that 'elementals' are shadows?

top topics

join