It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 224
<< 221  222  223    225  226  227 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

Uh oh!!! Creamed corn!!!
I hope you're both feeling better soon.....although I have to say I'm yukky today for sure, and I too noticed that the quake map is very empty really. That worries me a wee bit. I still have the remnants or the start of an Alaska headache, so I'm wary.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: caitlinfae

Well, nothing so far.
Can't keep my eyes open tonight...I'm going to go to bed!
Having a big sleeping pill effect right now.
If something happens I will miss it!

I was sore the next day, from hiking in & out from the lake,
but not exhausted like I thought I would be.

Hubby started to go into a seizure 7 times in the last 48 hours.
That's a record, even for him!
I'd check on solar stuff, but I can't keep my eyes open a second longer!
WOQ, out for now!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
*Massive* headache in progress guys...started about 4 hours ago, and I'm just about hitting my head off the wall. This is like the last 8 in Alaska, maybe worse. Back tomorrow. xxx Please let it be wrong.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Have just checked USGS and and thinking out loud here. I still have a headache, but it's not as bad as last night, and there has been a 6.1 in Alaska, although not on the Aleutian chain. It's within 5 degrees of my latitude though.

What I'm wondering about are the sizable quakes on the Southern East Pacific Rise, up to a 7.1 in the last 24 hours. Is it too much to wonder if there might be a "balancer" at the other end of the fault line, like in Alaska? I dunno...I just occurred to me while I looked at the map, and it feels unfinished.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Hmmm...well, me again...we have a conundrum, ATS. I found this on the Dutchsince page on FB this morning.

Scottish earthquake

Now, like he says, if you read the article, it's not listed anywhere, like it just disappeared. Surely they can't have made a mistake with a rare 5.5 in Scotland? Might explain why I've been feeling so crap last night and the previous night though...was within half a degree of my latitude.

What you all think?

Edit to add....

Found this listing
edit on 10-10-2014 by caitlinfae because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: caitlinfae

Hi Cait,

I'm a bit concerned about this reported mag 5.5, because I get emails from EMSC for all quakes over mag 5.0 in the greater Euro region (that EMSC covers), and I didn't get one for this event. (Anyone can ask to get these emails. It's not any kind of exclusive thing.)

Just for reference, the last greater Euro-region email I got was the mag 5.5 in Iceland on Oct 7, which was sent out around 20 mins after the quake occurred.

However, these emails go out after the location has been manually confirmed. They're not simply auto-generated as soon as the first reports come in. So it seems that after its was checked by seismologists a decision was made not to maintain it in the EMSC public database (as it's not there now), and also not to send out emails for it.

And that's really very odd. Not sure what to make of it.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike
Hi Mike...

I'm a bit confused about it too, and something just doesn't feel right. I did see a note on FB today from one of my contacts there. Someone he knows in the UK said that she had called the British Geological Survey to ask about the quake and was told it was a false positive. Is that even possible? There is also information from google earth that seems to show the quake happened just 10 miles from the centre of a dormant volcano on the Scottish mainland, which is maybe more worrying...I dunno.

And I still have my headache...beware the 57th parallel.

Hope you are well....has been kinda quiet here recently.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I found this vid this morning about the Scottish quake, and how it was recorded at multiple stations as a 5.5, so presumably, they couldn't all have malfunctioned and produced false positives at the same time. It was also a very deep quake at 120km, which might explain why no one felt it physically in the area. Apart from me.

I also wanted to add, after looking at USGS, there have been 2 quakes on the Reykjanes Ridge over the last 24 hours...a 5.2mag at 57.2 degrees, and a 4.6mag at 57.4 degrees, which might help to explain why my headache isn't clearing up. Beware the 57th parallel. Again.

edit on 12-10-2014 by caitlinfae because: adding info

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Ew. Just. Ew is all I feel right now.. I have been in bed mostly with this massive headache and now the nausea has been coming and going. Then there was this quake in Nicaragua. I didnt start feeling anything bad until about an hour or two after it happened..though interestingly when I was out and about yesterday afternoon I was at a really busy stoplight where there were a ton of birds in the trees in the median just screaming their heads off like I turned down the radio and rolled down my window and thought "What is gonna happen guys?" it was bizarre.

I think I said something in the recent past about nicaragua I could be wrong but... ::checks::

Also, Sunday night I noticed twice some slight vertigo while laying still in bed and a few hours ago my left ear was ringing.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
hrm. I noticed that the quake was listed on some sites as being near El Salvador. For some reason I have been thinking that El Salvador was a place in Chile! So I was kinda confused for a few moments. One warning text said Nicaragua and the other El Salvador so I knew there had not been two different quakes. I feel bad forgetting my geography like that! Though it is kinda worth mentioning that indeed about a month ago I mentioned Chile. Not that any of that really matters in the long run but I found it interesting still. I never mentioned Nicaragua though I could swear I had. Maybe subconciously or something, and I could just be reaching at this point but either way.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rbkruspe

Hope you're feeling a bit better by now. I still have my headache...maybe not so bad, but still there and relentless. And yes to the nausea too...just in little bits, for a second or two, and then gone. I'm still watching 57 degrees north like a hawk.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Feeling a bit crappy today.. Nausea a bit and some headache. Just something tells me that I should probably make note of it. I feel like I just dont want to do much at all..

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Hope you feel better soon.
It's not fun when we feel like this, but if you feel it might be significant, then it probably is. Just do what your body is telling you to do, and look after yourself.

I've had a rough couple of days with really bad fibro symptoms...the worse I've had in a long time, maybe a year or so. It might be down to eating something I usually avoid (tomatoes) but it also might be the looming remnants of Gonzalo, due to roll right over the top of us on Monday night, into Tuesday. Will be very windy and rainy for 24 hours at least.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Nasty bout of vertigo earlier tonight. Which was probably about 9pm to 12am Eastern. I was sitting down thankfully but if I had been standing, I would have been in the floor.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Well yesterday; I woke up early feeling down in the dumps, thinking I must be coming down with something. Isolated myself and ate carbs. Dog kept growling and acting weird for no reason.

We had a small earthquake. Now the dog and I are fine.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I'm glad to hear you and the dog are feeling better. Is this something you've noticed before? I'm just wondering if maybe more people will become eq sensitive given the now proven uptick in seismic activity (like we didn't know it already).

I'm still feeling shockingly bad, but it's not earthquakes...Gonzalo wasn't as bad as we feared, and I've been through much much worse storms. I think I was kinda disappointed in a way!
There has been a string of very noticeable solar events in the last few days and they produce very different symptoms for me....severe general pain almost everywhere, palpitations, exhaustion, anxiety. Meh. This week has been hell, but no headaches, thankfully.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Just looking at USGS...are you in France? There isn't anything listed there at all, but they've edited stuff before. Do you have any other source for the details? I don't doubt you for a second, but there are little eq's popping up in weird places...actually some not so little, like the 5.5 of the west coast of Scotland recently, that seem to have just ....disappeared.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Well The sun has been active as heck.. even as I type I am reminded of 2003 Halloween Storms. I am writing up a comparison of that event to this one. When I am done I will post it..

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Well The sun has been active as heck.. even as I type I am reminded of 2003 Halloween Storms. I am writing up a comparison of that event to this one. When I am done I will post it..

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Excellent...thank you! This week has been a nightmare. There is a definite difference in solar symptoms and eq symptoms, and it doesn't seem to matter that it's flares with no CME's. It does seem so active though, I'm kinda waiting for one big blast........

new topics

top topics

<< 221  222  223    225  226  227 >>

join