It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 193
<< 190  191  192    194  195  196 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ur44lois

Hi, Lois!
Good to hear from you!
How have you been?

There must have been something going on,
since they were all acting different at the same time!

There were a couple in TN that day, but that seems pretty far away.
A 1.8 in AR at 12:45 the next day though.
Seems pretty far ahead to sense one that small.
Unless they were sensing earlier, really small, unlisted ones?

Do storms usually bother them?
I guess all you can do is keep watching them?!
WOQ

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by amarenell
I am feeling fine tonight, but I had a thought I considered worth sharing.
I noticed with this last episode that several of us took note of, it was during the build up to, and subsequent release of a larger sun flare. There was no major earthquake event. Now, don't get me wrong there were quakes, just not the magnitude usually involved in this much notice.
I will check the last few episodes to see if there is any correlation between them and the flares.

Love and Light

Hi!
We have wondered about that too!
We've had really strong symptoms at the same time the cats seemed bother too.
Waited for it...and nothing! It has happened a couple of times since we found out about flares.

Too darn many things to keep track of & figure into the equation!
I wish I was a lot younger, maybe I'd get a monkey & teach it sign language!
Then it could sign when it felt quake symptoms!

I started doing that with the cats...whenever they were acting upset.
I would hold my hand out flat & move it side to side & say 'quaky?' to them!
Then, finally one day, when I'd had enough sleep for a change,
I happened to think...how do I expect them to let me know???

Aaah, I'm turning into one of 'those' old cat ladies!!!

Well, it was at least a good idea...if not well thought out!!!
A dog could at least bark to answer, if it could learn what you were asking it!
One bark for solar flare, two for bad storm coming, three for eq...!
Back to the drawing board!
WOQ

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Just checking in....

Hope you're all ok and not suffering too much. I just wanted to add to the discussion that I'm suffering big time here...
....not really much to smile about but I'm trying to laugh. I've had hardly any symptoms since December to speak of, and this last week is like I'm back at square one...it just keeps getting worse and worse. Painful aching joints, especially elbows, hips and ankles, with my ribs, right arm and shoulder in agony today too. No swelling, no tenderness actually in the joints to touch, just aching and sometimes downright painful all on their own, for no external reason. Add in IBS, slight migraine and sore jaw, and I'm just about done. Oh yeah...and an unbearable feeling that I want to run for the hills, as high up as I can.

I also had a weird little waking dream about water again today, imagining a global flood and where all the extra water would come from. It was like the earth herself was hiding it, and it would all surface when she decided to release it, and anywhere under 1800 feet would be inundated. I know there has been a little uptick in activity in the last few days and now Yellowstone is rumbling in a strange way....maybe that's all I'm feeling. I hope so. I don't have any animal activity to report, cos all he cares about is food, trying to sneak on the couch, food, toast, woodburner, toast. If he ever does show anxiety symptoms, we better start looking at Yellowstone seriously, or maybe Tambora or Toba or Katla or Cumbre vieja.

Anyway....take care and chill out everyone.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Just dropping in to note that my animals are all acting "weird." Been going on for 3 days. Lots of caterwauling, scratching furniture, pawing at the walls. Unusual for my gang as they tend to do the cat thing of sleeping for 23 hours a day.

FYI, one of my cats has been especially distressed in the evening and paws at one wall of the house. I have pictures hanging on it of California. I live on the east coast.

I've also got the "something is UP" feeling.

For what its worth....

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
Just checking in....

Hope you're all ok and not suffering too much. I just wanted to add to the discussion that I'm suffering big time here...
....not really much to smile about but I'm trying to laugh. I've had hardly any symptoms since December to speak of, and this last week is like I'm back at square one...it just keeps getting worse and worse. Painful aching joints, especially elbows, hips and ankles, with my ribs, right arm and shoulder in agony today too. No swelling, no tenderness actually in the joints to touch, just aching and sometimes downright painful all on their own, for no external reason. Add in IBS, slight migraine and sore jaw, and I'm just about done.

Are you my twin or something?? I have the same pain stuff going on. No ibs but headache and jaw soreness check. Cat is seriously following me everywhere the past days. I am also not sleeping. I felt a slight tremor about 10 mins ago. NW/SE direction of motion I estimate as I didn't have my compass.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rbkruspe

Ok...that's weird...I thought it might just be me. I wish you didn't have this pain, I really do. I'm still bad today, although no headache. Jaw pain, rib pain, coming in tiny little stabs between my ribs, and my legs are belong to someone else, I swear to god...it's like I'm a zombie. I can't get downstairs fast enough to answer the phone if I forget to take it with me, not just because it hurts, but because nothing works properly. Think geriatric zombie with lead boots on, and that's me. How attractive.

Going back to the issue of water, todays word is liquefaction. This idea of water coming up out of the ground hit me harder today, and it was like the word was being spoken inside my head, which really worries me, as this is often how I get information from outside sources, if you catch my drift. I immediately, consciously though of Japan, but it could well be other places this would affect.

I just wish I could be more exact about location or something, anything.

Hope you feel better soon.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

No storms dont bother them we all slept thru tornado warning sirens last night from a wall cloud severe thunderstorm. My sis in tulsa says they have been having small ones over there.
I am doing ok. Still some side effects from the chemotherapy, but no cancer right now.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Ok...just logging in. Hope everyone is ok this morning. There was a 7.2 in Russia/Japan just a little while ago, and I'm hoping that along with the 7.8 in Iran on the 16th, that's this little blast over. My symptoms haven't gone, but have eased up since yesterday...I still have pain in most of the same places, and now in my fingers too, back elbows, shoulders are the worst. I really have to map these symptoms more closely...maybe I feel 7's and up.

Have a great day.

Right....I did some checks, and I know this only covers the last month, but it's a start. It *might* be that I feel 7+ quakes, regardless of location. I posted on the 5th April that I have really bad symptoms, and there was a mag 7 in Indonesia the next day. Will have a look to see if I posted before the Iran quake, or check back in my diary.

I posted on the 16th that I had been feeling very bad all day, and the symptoms were extreme. The Iran quake is listed mid morning UTC, and I posted in the evening after it happened, so it wasn't before the quake, but definitely on the day. Will dig some more.

edit on 19-4-2013 by caitlinfae because: adding information

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Hubby's been feeling awful the last couple of days.
Old cat had been going after young cat again.

Everytime I thought it had to be over, I looked & there were more!
Hubby is really cranky. Very unusual since he went off gluten!

He said it doesn't feel like it's over yet.
He does still have the earthquake 'wrinkle' on his face too.
I'm really hungry again. Wasn't this hungry with the earlier big ones!

All the aftershocks maybe? Hope so!
WOQ

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Hi folks,

just checking in and would like to make one or two quick observations.

First, South America (ie western side, coastal) has been pretty quiet lately and so it wouldn't surprise me to see something there a bit stronger in the near term -- like in the mag 6 range. This is not a prediction as such as I'm not trying to narrow this down to any specific location. It's just an observation, based on long-term tendencies for the region.

Secondly, I have my eye on Alaska as well. It has been quite a long while since there has been any significant activity there on the mainland. The last larger event (IIRC) was a 5.8 near Anchorage and that was a while back. But the Denali region has been very quiet for some time and in fact I think it's a few years since anything bigger than a mid-range mag 5 up there. So it might produce something. As above, this is only an observation.

One good thing about the Denali region is that even with quite large events it doesn't tend to be very damaging due to its relative isolation. So I'm not talking doom-and-gloom, just the potential for some more significant activity.

Lastly, SoCal. General region: I feel it's about due for something bigger than the rather typical 3s and 4s that pepper the region so often. High mag 5, possibly? To name one more likely area possibly the Salton Sea, going on gut feeling. Main San Andreas fault runs through there.

Also wouldn't surprise me to see a shaker in the Bay region, or perhaps slightly south of there but in or along the main fault that runs up to the Bay from the SSE. Not huge, just above the usual. Possibly pushing mag 5. One to make locals go, "Hmmm..." Time frame: for this one I'm expecting it within a week. Call that a prediction if you wish.

Okay must go. I'll check back in later.

Mike
edit on 23/4/13 by JustMike because: Slightly revised for more detail at 6.55 am UTC, April 23.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Just dropping in to note an all day migraine in case it's an earthquake headache :-)

Started ~9:45 a.m. today. No amount of ecederine, food, or water has made it better. Also been feeling a little dizzy in the afternoon and some strange pressure stuff.

We'll see...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ns9504
Just dropping in to note an all day migraine in case it's an earthquake headache :-)

Started ~9:45 a.m. today. No amount of ecederine, food, or water has made it better. Also been feeling a little dizzy in the afternoon and some strange pressure stuff.

We'll see...

As have I! I've felt "ill, but not ill" since I woke up this morning, and have had a constant "thudding" migraine since. I've also had an awful upset stomach and have struggled to keep things down today. It's not a feeling like I've caught something, but it feels just like sea sickness, like the last time I was on a boat. I'd swear if I didn't know any better, it really is a heat migraine & sea sickness.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well, my vertigo is finally improving a bit. Its been a long few weeks. Got into my neurologist and going for more tests.

Anyone else here suffer from vertigo? It could be related to my MS and the fact that my vitamin D is low once again. (My little side affect from living in the PNW!)

Interesting to me however that once again centers around a VERY active quake time.

JustMike, I hear ya about Alaska. I've been thinking the same thing while watching all the action up there!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I've been battling BPPV for a bit over a month now. I never had it before. Vit. D, eh? I moved to the PNW last summer and friends told me to supplement with Vit D but I've not been doing that. Do you find that it helps with vertigo?

Edit to Add:

hmmm. A quick google does mention that a symptom of Vit D and calcium deficiency is vertigo! Wow. That is great to know. I can supplement like the natives told me to and hopefully stop the spinning and the nausea! I've been popping benadryl for the queasies and that is so bad for my blood pressure. It'll be great to stop taking that stuff.

Thank you, Tara!
edit on 24-4-2013 by NiteNGale2 because: google fu results

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Morning all...

How are the symptoms this morning? I'm as sore as hell...almost as bad as last week, Thursday to be exact, but I have stuff I must do today, so I just have to get on with it. Very painful joints in my arms, hands, shoulders, and ribcage. Bit of a limp, IBS, but thankfully no headache. Some jaw and neck pain too, but not too bad. I was also wide awake at 4.30 this morning, which is unusual for me, and indicates that things have ramped up a notch. the pain started yesterday afternoon, and wasn't too bad last night, but today is much much worse. I just noticed the 6.5 yesterday afternoon in Papua New Guinea, which might have been part of it, but if this little possible pattern I'm starting to notice holds true, then what I'm feeling is a lot bigger than 6.5. For reasons I might explain later, if this is what I'm feeling, I will say Middle East, possibly Turkey, as a location. I absolutely hope I'm completely and totally wrong.

I will be watching USGS like a hawk today.

edit on 24-4-2013 by caitlinfae because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Mine just came on like a freight train.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

Not good for you...sorry to hear that. I don't feel so bad now, but I've been moving around all morning, on my feet, getting stuff done. For some reason, sitting or lying still makes the symptoms much worse, which is why I wake up in pain when it's bad, totally the opposite of what might be expected. Nothing on USGS. Will see how I feel in a while when I've been sitting for a bit.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
With all the quake activity lately, it's no wonder people aren't feeling well!
No break in between to start feeling better!

April 19: 7.2, 6.0, 5.7, 5.7.
April 20: 6.6, 6.1.
April 21: 6.1, 5.7.
April 22: 5.9, 5.5.
April 23: 6.5.

I don't bother with anything under 5.5.
Too many & can't pin them to symptoms for sure.
That being said...some of these could still be revised up or down!!!

There have been some here across the U.S.in the last week too.
(Besides the usual in AK & CA.)
NJ, NY, IL, TN, OK, MO, GA, TX & CO!

Old cat has been running through the house today & yowling!
Crying to go outside, until I finally opened the door & showed him that it's pouring rain here!
He's been tormenting & chasing young cat again too!

I'm on 'edge' & my ears are really ringing.
Hubby came home from work & I didn't even ask if he's feeing anything!
It was pretty obvious he's not feeling well either!!!

Calgon...take me away!!!
WOQ

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NiteNGale2

Glad I could help!!

I get the over-the-counter D3, 5,000iu. I am taking 10,000 a day right now for a month and then checking my numbers again. Last week I was 29, but my neurologist likes me to be no lower than 60. 80 would be better.

I am finally begining to see a definite pattern now with my symptoms flaring up in April. Probably when my numbers have hit rock bottom and haven't had a chance to climb back up yet. Also happens to fall on Spring break and track season (kids) so there is extra stress too.

You would think the docs in our area would be clued in, but most are not. There are numerous studies linking low D to so many things. The most commo symptoms are bone aches, muscle aches and fatigue. Then there are other additional symptoms if it becomes severe. Makes me wonder how many people with chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia may be low on D.

Anyways....sorry to stray off-topic. But never want to miss a chance to educate!

Hopefully the quake front is calming down now, and so will some of the multiple symptoms so many people are suffering from!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
So the other night I had a dream about big waves again. I couldn't tell you where, besides that it was in a city, because we had to run up some of the inner stairs of a high rise business building because the water was filling up the stair well behind us, I think we were on the 4th floor. I just thought i'd add this for just in case. The dream would have been Monday night the 29/4.

Other than that, not feeling too bad, my feet are really giving me grief, but I think that's my new running shoes, they are aching like no tomorrow!

Hope everyone else is well! xx

new topics

top topics

<< 190  191  192    194  195  196 >>

join