It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 182
<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

reply to post by MariaLida

I know
I pretty much said as much, just not very clearly (apologies)

I highly doubt this is in any way a prophetic dream, but probably closely related to my feeling that the eastern Mediterranean or Turkey is overdue for a Big One. I'm not sure if any faults in France are even capable of producing that magnitude anyway.

I should have amended the last sentence to say "I'm not sure if any faults in France are even capable of producing that magnitude anyway. More than likely not"

Is anyone is eating things they normally don't recently? I'm been inhaling popcorn since morning, 2 bags so far today, and I want more. Before anyone says, "Ah! You just needed a popcorn fix!" no, that's not it. I'm not a fan of popcorn. Crunchy texture, yes (but I can get a better crunch from Doritos
) But the overall flavor, and smell of popcorn? I really don't like it. I can't get enough of it today, though.

Another thing is the day feels like it is dragging on, and on, and on. Even the husband noticed, and others as well. He's hearing from people that is seems like the day is going in slow motion, and I'm hearing from people that the day is just crawling by. Has anyone else noticed this?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MariaLida
Dangerous location are area on "line" from Italy to south Adriatic sea to Montenegro-Greece around Black-Aegean Sea to Turkey to Pakistan-Iran area to Nepal to China ..

But the biggest earthquake ever recorded in Europe was in Portugal, the Lisbon earthquake of 1755.

Fortunately, this area is not as active as the one from Italy to Turkey.

edit on 29/1/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Just a quick update. I can't take credit for spotting this one, but MariaLida posted it in the Quakewatch thread earlier.

2013-01-30 20:15:39.0 24min ago 28.05 S 70.65 W 2 6.8 ATACAMA, CHILE

Magnitude Mw 6.8
Region ATACAMA, CHILE
Date time 2013-01-30 20:15:39.0 UTC
Location 28.05 S ; 70.65 W
Depth 30 km
Distances 602 km NW Santiago (pop 4,837,295 ; local time 16:15:39.2 2013-01-30)
83 km S Copiapó (pop 129,280 ; local time 16:15:39.2 2013-01-30)
59 km N Vallenar (pop 44,895 ; local time 16:15:39.2 2013-01-30)

www.emsc-csem.org...

Not huge, but definitely substantial. Hope everyone is feeling better today. I'm not bad, but still have sore joints...just the way it is, I guess.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Cat has been hiding all day, I'm feeling like a wreck. Uber drained, tired, sad.

Still feel pressure, even after the 6's today.

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I've been so busy, I had no time to post!
Sunday was weird, so many unusual things going on.
Almost got hit head-on twice within 15 minutes of leaving the house!
We were ready to turn around & go back home!

A couple of other weird but not scary things at Walmart later.
Was wondering if it was just a strong full moon!

Monday was crazy, like a Monday only much worse!
Kept getting interrupted every 5 minutes!
Plus 10 phone calls when I usually might get 2 or 3!
Didn't get to eat anything until 4:30!
Reheated my coffee 4 times before I got to drink it.
Then I didn't even remember drinking it!

Today hubby called from work at 12:40 PM,(eastern), to check on quakes.
Said he had almost just had a seizure. Felt it coming on, so he quick
held onto a pole with one hand & massaged his neck with his other hand.
The next thing he remembers is being 40 feet away beside a table!

Said he felt as bad as back in April. Not when we had the double 8's,
but the three 6's in a row after that. He said symptoms today were 7 out of 10!
He hates it when they are so close together. Said there's no time to recover in between!
He still feels awful, but doesn't know if it's more coming or left over from the other ones!

I was wondering when I saw the 6 then the 6.2 in the same place,
if they were going to be foreshocks?!
Thank goodness now there have finally been some aftershocks!

Young cat jumped up out of a sound sleep as I was typing this,
came over & started trilling at me & wanting attention, then went back & went to sleep!
Don't know what was up with that??? Old cat is sleeping, so it wasn't him!
WOQ

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Rough morning here. Feeling everything quite strongly. Cat is still hiding a lot.

Constant ear ringing and buzzing. Been popping motrin for the pressure headache. Ive had two visual migraines this morning, no energy, just rough.

I'm worried something pretty big is going to happen.

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Hi!
It's been rough here too.
Hubby had a full seizure a little before 3 this morning.
I wasn't able to keep him from going into it this time.

He always feels like he got hit by a Mac truck after!
So he probably won't be able to tell what's new & what's left over, for a few days!

A 6.8, 6.0, 6.2 & 6.0 all in under 14 hours!
Then 5.6, 5.6 & 5.4 thrown in just to mess with everybody!
I don't ever remember that many 6's, in that short of a time span,
since I started watching quakes!

I don't remember there even being that many high aftershocks that close together
after Japan's big one. But don't bet on my memory!!!

When I saw the 6.0 & then 6.2 in Santa Cruz, I was afraid they were foreshocks!!
The last ones right now are a 4.8 & 4.9 back to back in Japan in a little over an hour.

Things have really been perking, that's for sure!
Hope you feel better!
WOQ

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I've about been off my rocker today. The feeling that has been there since my last post has amped up. Last night it started escalating and all day today is been like I am plugged into a live wire.
I have that "It's coming, IT"S COMING..." feeling whirling about my head.
Also when I was falling asleep last night I felt a strong shake (Not a real one, the cat and hubs didn't stir.) and I had the words Paul Bay (heard) and Braxton (saw) pop in my head. No idea what that's about, but thought I would post for posterity's sake.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by amarenell
Also when I was falling asleep last night I felt a strong shake (Not a real one, the cat and hubs didn't stir.) and I had the words Paul Bay (heard) and Braxton (saw) pop in my head. No idea what that's about, but thought I would post for posterity's sake.

Interesting, I've felt a few strong earthquake-like shakes falling sleep myself in the past, but I attributed them to my nerves going into sleep mode & thought nothing of it. Maybe I should pay closer attention in the future.

I know there is a Paul Bay by Seattle, but there is also another, a St. Paul's Bay in Malta. Both areas are no strangers to earthquakes, as we all know.
I tried a quick google search of Braxton, but found it difficult to get very far (damn you, Toni Braxton) I wouldn't be surprised if there is one somewhere along the Pacific coastline somewhere, US or Canada.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I tried some deep breathing and meditation exercises today to try and calm down. Helped a little, but my empathy kept feeling anger, and not my own.

This might sound weird, but to me, it seems like the ground itself, Earth, is enraged.

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

I found the St Paul's Bay in Malta, but I didn't know about the one in Seattle. Thank you! Also, with the Braxton, I remember thinking, was that Acton or Braxton.

I have had that shudder moment when you are about to fall asleep, but this shake was well before nodding off. I was working on trying to calm down enough to even sleep and I knew it was all in my head.

lasertaglover I have felt the rage all day too. Normally, I get the overwhelming sadness when the empathy energy gets so high, but not this time. It's almost like a fire is burning inside and wants to cut a path out. I have been doing the yoga breathing to beat it back enough that it doesn't make me act a fool.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by amarenell
reply to post by Nyiah

I found the St Paul's Bay in Malta, but I didn't know about the one in Seattle. Thank you! Also, with the Braxton, I remember thinking, was that Acton or Braxton.

I have had that shudder moment when you are about to fall asleep, but this shake was well before nodding off. I was working on trying to calm down enough to even sleep and I knew it was all in my head.

lasertaglover I have felt the rage all day too. Normally, I get the overwhelming sadness when the empathy energy gets so high, but not this time. It's almost like a fire is burning inside and wants to cut a path out. I have been doing the yoga breathing to beat it back enough that it doesn't make me act a fool.

Exactly!!! I totally get the internal fire remark, but to add to it...it also felt like fire beneath me. The concrete basement floor felt hot at times to me, and that heat made me angry.

I also get you trying to beat it back. Meditating helped a little, but it feels like its erupting, and I'm trying to put a cork in it.

Hope it passes soon, very uncomfortable...and worrisome.

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Just realized I'm wanting popcorn.
Trying to put it out of my mind.
I don't think it's working!
WOQ

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Hmm...everybody not so good this morning...that worries me. I'm just trying to put some names into place. The Acton/Braxton thing....there is an area in west London called Acton, and although they are rare, there have been earthquakes in the southern part of the UK before, and there are fairly major faultlines that run to there from Europe. And someone mentioned the Paris area a few days ago...I will have to go and hunt out a map so see if there is a connection.

Last night I felt like I was going to tip into a panic attack. I managed to avoid it, mostly by making parsnip cake (seriously...it's to die for...u2u me if you want the recipe!
) I'm fine today, just a little fragile and feeling run over. But yet again, yesterday was a day of prepping, making sure everything was where it should be financially, groceries, menu plans, food stores, at least a months worth, and I'm still not happy.

My other half has just mentioned that there is a gas terminal called Bacton on the Norfolk coast in the UK. Weird.
Also an Acton in California, Ontario, Massachusetts.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I just realized I'm on another cleaning spree this morning again. Laundry (clothes, all bedding, pillows, stuffed animals, etc) vacuuming & shampooing carpets & rugs, sweeping & washing floors, moving furniture and re-cleaning under them, washing the fridge shelving & drawers. All the stuff I already did, I'm doing it all again. I'm taking breaks coming to the computer to dicker around--email, FB, check USGS & NIED stream, etc, but it almost seems like I'm pregnancy nesting (so not! I'm spayed
)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I dreamed Costa Rica had a mag 9. Not that it will come true but just in case.. wanted to document it.

Hope all is well. My family and I are getting over the flu. :-( At least we are getting over it though as Im sure there are people not as fortunate.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I still feel anger around me, and definitely beneath me. No idea what that means, and have never felt it before.

Peace

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

It could have something to do with the massive amount of energy we are receiving from space. I am researching and have been for two years, the Interstellar cloud. Its interesting and may be playing a role in not only planetary changes but changes all the way to the subatomic level including but not limited to the human behavior.

It could possibly be due to Earths core energy as to why you are experiencing such, but did want to throw in my two cents. lol

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The anger has been hanging around all day today as well and is just now shifting into sadness. But even my sadness is still angry.
Whatever that means.

I know what you mean about it being below you . For me it is like a tide welling from beneath my feet and hits me in the back. It passes through at an angle of sorts, back bottom up to front top.

Love and light, y'all

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Your feeling or anger reminds me of what I experienced in Seattle...like the earth is angry under the core, and wants to get out. Very odd sensation, like the crust was just a few feet thick. I can remember looking at Mount Rainer for the first time and thinking it looked very threatening.

new topics

top topics

<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join