An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 180
<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Something feels "off" today. I can't explain it, it's one of those weird, eerie feelings you get when you know something's not right, but can't figure out exactly what. The proverbial "disturbance in the force" feeling, if you will.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Totally agree with you. Woke up with the same ear ringing as yesterday, and it just ended around noon, two days in a row.

Kids and the cat all acting weird (half day of school here).

Pressure building. Emotions running high. Several very strong deja vu moments.

Volcanoes awakening, quakes in weird places. Mother Earth rising.

Peace

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hey all....how are you doing?

I've been staying out of this thread as frankly, my life has been so weird recently, I cannot really distinguish between what I'm picking up on and what I'm feeling from the chaos around me. January is generally a traumatic month for me, maybe in the run up to my birthday, and all kinds of stuff has been surfacing, sometimes in minutes, totally out of the blue, and is ...maybe not life changing, but very awkward and inconvenient.

Apart from that, I'm fine. The physical pain I was having stopped mostly on Christmas day and has barely returned. The only thing I've done differently is wear a magnetic bracelet.

Nothing else is cropping up apart from this....I have to share!
As far as location goes, this is the only clue I've had recently at all, and it was stuck firmly in my head for two whole days till yesterday, so I'm thinking either Denver or West Virginia....who knows...
Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Old cat has been sleeping under the desk for at least the last three nights.
Once in awhile during the day too. It's not warmer under there or anything like that.
He used to do it before 6's or higher.
But I noticed he didn't do it even for the last biggest ones.
He's still harassing young cat too, but not as bad as before.

I've been hungrier than usual off & on, but it is getting colder here lately!
Supposed to go down in the single digits next week!

Feels like I'm 'waiting' for something. Not antsy, more like being alert.
Hard to get to sleep, then sleep waaay too long!
Feel really drained, even sleep doesn't help!

Hubby says he just feels yucky.
Said mostly mild symptoms. 4 on a scale of 10.

WOQ

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hey everybody, I know it's been a minute since I've posted here, things of been pretty busy.
Just for everyone's information on the 16th there was a coronal mass ejection that left the sun and could deliver a glancing blow to earth today. In fact I think it's arriving right about now according to The solar wind speed and density. I've been feeling quite ill this morning and I've been periodically checking Spaceweather.com. I also wouldn't be surprised to see an increase in earthquake activity although I'm not been too informed lately on what's been going on earthquake wise Orsola replies so bear with me while I catch up. Hope everyone has been well.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover
reply to post by Nyiah

My personal 'worry' regions, based on my feelings only, are the Juan de Fuca, Taiwan, Nepal, and the Atlantic ridge areas.

Havent had any feelings about the area you mentioned, but I'm wrong alot anyway lol.

Peace

5.8 in South Atlantic ridge near my old home of Recife, PE. No historical record. My uncle's apartment was swaying a bit, he is on the 12th floor. Had tsunami dreams of hitting here when I lived there from 91-92.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

The Quake thread people are showing that this quake "mostly" did not happen.

But might have. lol

My family thinks it is related to the oil drilling offshore.

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

There were only 4 reports of this "quake" being felt according to USGS. Two of those persons reported "strong shaking" with "light damage".

One might think that a strong earthquake would have caught the attention of more than a handful of people. Something seems to have happened but I don't believe that it was a quake myself.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipIntro

Four from usgs, plus my aunt and the maid. Six people....i agree it seems like it didnt happen, plus the siesmos are all off too. Really weird.

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Tonight I have an overwhelming sense of sadness.......
that could be because I finished my taxes though.

About those "almost maybe" earthquakes, we have been have them around here as well. (Dauphin Island, AL) No known sources and completely under-reported, but my house is still shaking.
edit on 23-1-2013 by amarenell because: Add

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by amarenell
Tonight I have an overwhelming sense of sadness.......
that could be because I finished my taxes though.

About those "almost maybe" earthquakes, we have been have them around here as well. (Dauphin Island, AL) No known sources and completely under-reported, but my house is still shaking.
edit on 23-1-2013 by amarenell because: Add

Do you have any access to links on this shaking on the gulf coast.

As I am very interested in that matter

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
comcat.cr.usgs.gov...

www.local15tv.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

These are the two quakes that were reported. Since the 2.7 I have felt the shaking 3 more times, but there hasn't been any reports. The most recent was this past Tuesday morning. It was very slight, less than a 1.5 but not a sonic boom. Those happen alot, but they feel different.

I had found some seismos a while back that were close to here, but I had to format the computer and lost the links. I can see if I can find them, or just ask over on the Quake Watch page. Actually JustMike might know about them as I am pretty sure he has studied this area too.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Today has been strange through & through. The birds were quiet, which is VERY odd, because the weather is pretty decent here (FL) and I live in an area with a lot (and boy, do I mean A LOT) of hawk & osprey nests. There's usually a good deal of feathered chatter from many species going on.
I saw no squirrels, either (also very odd) I also saw no geckos (they're less frequent in the winter months, but we still see them) There's been an eerie feeling in the air all day. It's like waiting for the proverbial pressure cooker to burst.

I don't like this. I hope nature returns to normal around here tomorrow, this was just too eerily quiet today.
edit on 1/24/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Weird day here in TN. I was feeling an unexplained sadness, as I went about my errands I realized everyone seemed subdued. We did have an ice "storm" and school was out, but people just seem off.

One of my friends Facebook post said it best, "not tired, just unmotivated". Seemed to describe a lot of people, she got many "me to" responses.

Pressure back on my head also. Gonna try the no gluten for three weeks suggested to me. We shall see...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
For a change, one of our cats is acting weird enough for me to post about it. He's the youngest, about 7 (the other two being around 9, and 20-ish) The elder two are rarely in a weird mood. Sort of an "eh, whatever" outtake from them. The youngest is much more expressive, and communicative. That could be because we've had him since he was an abandoned kitten, and the other two since they were 2 and about 5, respectively---adult adoption & adult stray.
Anyway, he's been belly-crawling into laps doing a fearful "mew" meow, hiding under bedsheets (quite cozy for the humans, though) and outright trying to get us to follow him, or him following us for what appears to be no reason other than not wanting us out of his sight, ever. For example, when he hides under the sheets, he will gallop-run up to you doing his scared mew, run towards the bedroom, turn around to see if you're following. If you're not, he will do this repeatedly until you do, and it's more urgent each time, like he's saying, "HUMAN! DANGER! Come with me NOW!" If you're following too slowly, he will do an irritated "bark" meow at you and paw at you until you move faster.
If he belly-crawls on to us, he generally tries to lay on our chest (if possible) and tucks his head up under our chin or against our neck. He might as well be trying to bury himself in our skin.
He doesn't direct his attention to any particular direction (N,S,E,W) but it's more like a sound or sensation or something from somewhere that we humans can't detect that's freaking him the hell out.

There's probably a much more logical reason, maybe even kitty anxiety, but both the husband & I find his recent behavior so weird that I felt like posting about it. It definitely doesn't correlate to any weird local weather or known local events.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Our cat has been sleeping almost all day and night. She is fine when awake, but totally not normal for her.

Kids have been hyper charged up today. Abnormally so, but they are kids.

No ear ringing, but the pressure feeling makes me feel like something is going to explode big time.

Solar activity is low, so its not that. Ice storm on its way, but not here, so its not the pressure from a low passing over.

The pressure is on the same level as I felt last year before the Japan quake...but again no ear ringing with it.

Peace
edit on 26-1-2013 by lasertaglover because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Hi!
Wow, I'd say something is going on!
That's pretty over the top behavior even for a cat!
I can't remember if you said it had it's ears flat back or not?
Do you remember what time it started acting differently?
See what happens in the next 12 hours!

Our cats weren't doing anything today.
We had two of the grandkids overnight & most of today,
so things were a lot different here.
Mostly the cats just stayed out of the way!

Keep an eye out in case all of them start acting different at the same time!!!
The one could be more sensitive than the other ones.
But if they all start acting different, I'd say something was getting closer/stronger!
WOQ

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Hi!
I felt a little sad earlier for no reason, but it wasn't much & didn't last very long.
Having some pretty good ear ringing since I started typing,
but nothing unusual.

Not hungry or craving popcorn, so that's a good sign.
But I've been fooled before!

WOQ

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I (luckily...so far) very rarely___get headaches. But yesterday, I was throbbing with some exquisit head stabbers. Only this evening, I took a look at USGS, and saw there was a magnitude 4.1 near Louisiana. I wonder if (a connection?)
Edit to ad
I am in the US MidWest but not near ^ there.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Eedjee because: #

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The pressure has been up and down alot this morning, thinking it might be the approaching ice storm. Hmm, we'll see.

Peace

new topics
top topics

<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join