It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about roommates/brothers sharing 1 computer to access 2 ATS-accounts.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
My brother and I use this website, daily. I just moved back in with him & the rest of my family to spend summer-break with them. While I'm home, I would like to use his computer to access this website (when he's not "logged in it"), but he warned me that him and I might get banned from here if we use the same IP address to access this website. If that's true, would you please delete his account? He told me, he won't be using it as much since he got a post-ban. His account is registered under this alias: "ChadAndrewATS".

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I my instincts tell me that the case may be that you're lying in some way, but i'll take you seriously because i'm feeling good-natured this morning.

Anyway, i often just leave ATS logged in, because i'm not too bothered if any family members see what i've left - i'm not exactly the kind of person who hides his intellectual (or not) ramblings out of embarrassment.

Do you know what it is that your brother was banned for?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

You accused me of lying. Don't insult strangers. His posting-privileges on this website were temporarily taken away. He told me that he was annoying to one of the staff-members, here.

His membership is still active.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by RamboGoneWild]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RamboGoneWild

I apologise if you were insulted by my honesty.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
My understanding is that more than one account can exist from the same IP adress so long as you do not use multiple accounts to talk to yourself (sock puppet).

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Perhaps the best idea is to have your brother ask to have his account removed. That would make things work way smoother for the ATS tech crew. They have enough things to deal with besides someone claiming that their "brother" needs removed. In order for them to do that, you'd have to prove that he's your brother. It's so much easier if he just sends in such a request himself. Trust me on this one. I moderate a couple of forums myself.

[edit on 5.14.2008 by Isaac Tanner Madsen]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

No, honesty doesn't offend me. I welcome all honesty, but I don't appreciate being called a liar just because I asked a question (partly on behalf of my brother). We don't even send u2u's to each other on this website. I'm a noob compared to him.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Maintain separate accounts and log off each time you use the computer.

There's no reason for two people to use the same account. It's dishonest for one thing and why take the heat for something someone else using your account.

Of course, no one knows for sure who is posting from a given account, but that's the reason to maintain security on your account, because you are responsible for posts made on your account regardless of how makes them.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Isaac Tanner Madsen

He doesn't care about it, but I'll ask him to handle this issue by himself, when he gets back to his desk.

reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Thanks. He will not use my ATS-account, nor vice versa. We don't share much beside this room & his computer, anyway.

Thanks.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I wasn't asking you to appreciate it - in all honesty it was your mood setting with the words "On Troll Alert" that made me suspicious.

p.s: Considering yourself to be a noob compared to anyone makes you a noob.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

It's not my fault you're angry, and it's not my responsibility. I appreciate the people, who actually came here to help me, not whine & moan about a simple question (which has already been addressed by kind people).

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Why exactly do you think i'm angry?

I just happen to think you aren't being entirely serious yourself - As i said, i was giving you the benefit of the doubt by taking you seriously.

If you don't want me to be serious, then i suppose i could make a joke or two if it will satisfy you.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

No, I don't care to play around with you. You're probably just having a bad day. I'm sorry for bothering.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

No, I don't care to play around with you. You're probably just having a bad day. I'm sorry for bothering.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Again with the judgemental approach to the discussion.

p.s: I'm not having a bad day, i just woke up.

I'm on respawn invincibility at the moment mate.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
You can certainly have more than one account being accessed from the same computer.

I have my log in, my husband has his own user name and password, and my brother has been on this computer a few times with his user name. It must all come from the same IP address, but ATS has never made any mention of not having family members enjoy the site as well.

I know of many members that have sisters
........ their children or spouses etc.... and they all come to the site, many on shared computers.

I don't see that you have a problem if you each use your own log-in.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I get the impression you and your brother are the same person as well.

You talk in your first post like you have been using ATS for months but your registration says 04/28/08.

It's just the opinion of myself and anti-tyrant yet you seem to be overly interested in proving yourself so far. Furthermore, why OP a request when logic would tell you to U2U a mod to ask for removal of your brother. That's another issue as well, if your brother doesn't care then why didn't he U2U a mod with this request?

JMO, no offense.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Rough crowd.

The daily use statement could be valid if only for a few weeks or a month. If it is the same person it will 'come out in the wash' at some point. A person's personality isn't going to change greatly, I would think, so the same actions will most likely be repeated with the same results.

To the OP: Use your account and deal with access issues if they do indeed occur.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

Thanks for helping me. I see what you mean about how there shouldn't be a problem if my sibling and I use this website on the same computer (with the same IP address).

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

That's OK. You're like Anti-Tyrant.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join