It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about roommates/brothers sharing 1 computer to access 2 ATS-accounts.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RamboGoneWild

I was trying to help you with and defend your post a bit. Thanks for the flame.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

You get offended, quite easily. Yet, I didn't do anything bad to you.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

It's worth remembering that one of the requirements for the site is civility and decorum.

If you come across as aggressive when someone makes a suggestion, then people are going to react to that.

Politeness will get you a lot further in the long run, than posts which are aggressively dismissive - even if you don't mean it that way, people may percieve it that way.

After reading through the thread, I would tend to agree - and whilst there is nothing overtly aggressive, there is a definite undertone of it.

Just my opinion.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

After some discussion, the official party line is this:

You can share an IP address with someone else, but had be best be very certain they are not a sock puppet being used to flag, star, digg, reply to etc, your posts, as we have had some problems with this in the past with certain members who did this exact same thing.

So, I would make certain your brother/roomate/friend/etc. working from that IP address knows they should probably not interact with your posts, just to be on the safe side.

Also, for anyone else, it's probably a good idea to let staff know any time you plan on doing this, just to clear up confusion in advance, but this can be done via the "complaint/suggestion" button, rather than a public BBQ thread.

Hopefully that helps clarify things a bit.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

My sister and I share a computer and we're both members, she's a mod. We've had no problems, other than sometimes forgetting to log each other off, and that hasn't happened in a long while...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I see what you mean. Thanks for your help. Same goes for others, who answered my questions.

-This thread should be closed-

top topics

<< 1   >>

join