It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican: It's OK to believe in aliens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

They're coming in 2022: That's nice to know. I've been waiting for them to visit this world for years. I hope they come in peace, like Gandhi did.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Or it could be NASA announcing they found some new galactic supernova?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I dont get it... This is confusing

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
So God could have created evolution. You can't put limits on God's creativity.
I like that answer, there is no way to debate around that.

Evidence, schmevidence, you can't limit Gods creativity.

God put those bones there to teach you humility!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I heard this on NPR. And an interesting point made by (attributed to) Funes was that some aliens may be above original sin. Now, I am not a christian and I am not all that familiar with christianity, but I think that means Aliens were created before humans as per christianity?

While that is not of interest in itself (to me), what does pique my curiosity as to how the Vatican would know that specifically ... unless they have specific information ... and this is an attempt to mold existing beliefs.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
The only thing this rev. says, is that it is ok to believe in em. He doesn't say anything about their existence and above all, Roman Catholic church claims them, in case they do exist, to be created by their God.
This is - in my opinion - the Vatican playin safe.

I would like to know what Catholic Church's real point of view is about the existence of Aliens.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I think this is one of the big steps in confirmation of existance of some
kind of alien life. Catholic church always has been hard on tolerating
anything that is outside their vison of belief in God.
And when CC is preparing their followers to aliens...

Looking from chatholic country point of view so if tommorow aliens land here everyone here will not be suprised so much - they'll say -Vatican told us

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm surprised that we are still have this debate in the 21st Century. We all know that we are not alone. Why does that seem so impossible for others to grasp still baffles me. Once we thought the world was flat and it wasn't. Once it was thought that the Sun revolved around the Earth and it was discovered that it did not. Lets stop the talk and let the world make the official announcement.

thank you for your attention.

PS

contact me if you are an Alien. We need to talk.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Apocaliptic believers will know that the end time Religion of the Earth will experience super natural things of deceptions and this includes deception in the Churches.

Is the Vatican being open to this theory due to its own inner deceptions, maybe infiltrations from within. Because what a better deal to say okay they believe in Aliens too which could be fallen Angles and demons in disguise in which the two will unite in the Satanic end time rule. Making it acceptable in this bridge of thinking could unite the two.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2believeor0
I heard this on NPR. And an interesting point made by (attributed to) Funes was that some aliens may be above original sin.

That is a very intersting idea.
Did perhaps the Aliens get a garden of eden and a tree of knowledge scenario and they did NOT take the apple?
Could this be why they are far more advanced than us? They all have gods blesings and since they do not die ("the wages of sin is death" and all that) they can live long enough to travel the distances to get here?!?!?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Of course it is when you have operating satellites in stations.

I know its always those quiet ones lol.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ok.. Just a brief observation on my part. For any institutional religion to maintain and nurture their existence is to alter its' mandate through history. Christians fought Muslims in the Crusades. Various religions held the belief of convert or die. Therefore... if you don't want most of your prospective congregation to be destroyed..why not incorporate a flexible philosophy that makes them the primary source of guidance and increase your flock? So the vatican mentions alien life... the British are broadcasting information pertaining many non-human events taking place.

My point? Greed. For wealth, power and control. If you control both sides of the board, one wins, one loses.. the controller still has control. Therefore... when the alien agendas are brought out in the open, the church has its' support. Even if the suspect aliens have more nefarious agendas. Perhaps the so called Illuminati sold mankinds' future for a few pieces of gold and a glimpse at solitary immortality..

If our flesh and blood is merely a vessel, then, regardless of what occurs, this shell must be cast away for a different vessel to grow and learn in.

Now, if JFK did reappear alive and well... I would be one of the first people to find haven in the wilderness. Especially since most of his skull was pulverized. Of course, cloning might have been used centuries past and JFK might have had several duplicates. How's that for conspiracy theory 101? Haha

Thank you for allowing me vent. Cheers all.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think they are just being open to it to say look we have modern views like when they speak of Evolusion as God's process. But the Bible clearly states this:

2 Peter chapter 2

But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there shall be among you lying teachers who shall bring in sects of perdition and deny the Lord who bought them: bringing upon themselves swift destruction. Seeds of perdition... That is, heresies destructive of salvation. 2 And many shall follow their riotousness, through whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
I think they are just being open to it to say look we have modern views like when they speak of Evolusion as God's process. But the Bible clearly states this:

2 Peter chapter 2

But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there shall be among you lying teachers who shall bring in sects of perdition and deny the Lord who bought them: bringing upon themselves swift destruction. Seeds of perdition... That is, heresies destructive of salvation. 2 And many shall follow their riotousness, through whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you

So what does that have to do with the discussion? What exactly are you trying to say? Aliens are false prophets?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isaac Tanner Madsen

Originally posted by The time lord

2 Peter chapter 2

So what does that have to do with the discussion? What exactly are you trying to say? Aliens are false prophets?

It means two things, Aliens could be demonic that will influence people to be super human in nature like possesions as the Anti-Christ will have and his servents.

Two that the Church is swaying in its beliefs in order to compromise the scriptures and three to gain profit from people like money through false teachings.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The Vatican okay's aliens?

Cool. Now we can believe in two things that have no supporting physical evidence.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hi all...

sorry if this is a re-post

www.disclose.tv...

(^_*)

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I was reading the name Funes and aliens and first things I thought was what the image above shows..

but okay on topic now .. they have to acknowledge the fact there is life other then our own..
if they say no there isn't they are saying there is no god .. because if there is a entity creating life it is likely to be a alien from outer space.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join