It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain releases batch of files on UFO sightings

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Just heard about it on (BBC) Radio 1:

- They even broadcasted an original clip out of it: a live radio message from a pilot, watching a UFO.
- supposedly they talk about a meeting with an Alien (or finding a body, I didn't quite get it)
- a crash in a forest (and they even found one of the old eyewitnesses!)

Finally disclosure??

I'm AFK, playing World of warcraft, back in an hour ^^

Samuel

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
yeah heard about it on the radio...and on our local tv news program "northwest tonight" they noted uk's most famuse case..at "Rendelsham" so maybe new light may be shed on that one.

yep, the presenters were all laughing and making jokes about it.

the show has just aird on TV and you can watch the whole program again online

here

.....ok I found the vodeo but they seem to have cut that U.F.O portion out of it........read into that what you will.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by TrentReznor]

[edit on 14-5-2008 by TrentReznor]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
A fan of Radio 1 i am no more. After the Robbie Williams saga of him coming out to the media and spouting his belief in UFOs i had much hope of the subject gaining more followers and at last a major figure in the UK ie Williams talking openely about this.

That was until i heard Chris Moyles on Radio 1. For those that do not know Moyles is the most listened to presenter in the UK. He absolutely ripped into Williams and ripped apart the conspiracy of UFOs and basically made a complete mockery of anyone who believes. Him and his team literally laughing on air making all sorts of jokes on the subject. He did this again today after the news report about these files being released. Being one of the most influential presenters in this country we have no chance in getting more serious people interested.

It has been the same today on TV and radio all over the board when reporting of these files.

I would love to see these people and their faces when either full contact is disclosed or a bloody great big craft lands next to big ben

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It would have helped if the Defense Ministry had a good quality scanner.

These files are a real pain to try to read.

... and the ones that can be easily read, are all reply letters from officials saying they know nothing.

Whats the point of censoring it at all? You couldn't even decipher half of this with a team of cryptographers at your disposal.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaint

The Saint.............I have to agree. They ripped it out of Robbie and then this morning were shocking.

Why is anything like this ridiculed in the UK? I raised the issue at work and immediately wished I hadn't as the sheeple were very dismissive and grouped up and tried to ridicule me.

Lets just wait and see what the future brings!

[edit on 14-5-2008 by Gregandgemma]

[edit on 14-5-2008 by Gregandgemma]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

So does that make the point of sharing this, to be not one of disclosure, but ridicule? We cannot force everyone to believe, but why make it easier for others to be skeptical? I think now, after sleeping on it, that this m ay not have been a "good" release. Though I have yet to finish DL them all. I REALLY want some help, please, comparing these to other official releases, and figure out if there have been any "world flybys" ... You know what I mean?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I didn't expect anything from the british goverment and they gave nothing.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I am in the UK today and it seems this is a limited hang out. We are told the only reason the MOD were interested was to check that foreign aircraft were not invading British airspace. This was not presented in any kind of seriousness.

Note also we were only given the reports, and not the results of the reports.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yogifootballer

I have seen some of these so far. It is a huge pain to download all these. So how many are still unreleased?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Not much disclosure in those files, its just a tease factor by the MOD to keep us happy for a bit? the real stuff is permanently locked away umtil the day comes.

We no they have vast collections of video files and photos.

Something is better than nothing but I wasted to much time reading them.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Great heads up people! I know that we will be going nuts in this country once they start all of our foi documents coming these next few years! I know for a fact that the real ALIEN DISCLOSURE is coming soon! We will all be the ones laughing then!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

First of all: Every time someone takes Chrs Moyles' seriously (on the texts) he always says the same thing: "I'm only here to entertain you! If you want something with depth go somewhere else! I'm only here to put a smile on your face!" That is way he takes the p out of everything and everybody. Sadly I missed that part of the show, anybody know WHEN he said it? I might listen again...
Secondly, BTW Terry Wogan (Radio 2) has 4 Mill. more listeners, anybody know what he said about it?

@ Topic: I don't think it's a 'conspiracy' (the way newsreaders and entertainers are laughing about UFO's): They have (most likely) been hearing that it's nonsense for their whole lives, so, of course, they are (sadly) goining to take the p out of aliens/ufo's etc.
It doesn't make it right, but isn't disclosure spreading 'the word'?
How many people were watching/listening to the news yesterday and started looking the subject up??

@ argueing about these subjects at work: DON'T!

It's not worth it, if you want to speak about it, then just ASK, what THEY think about it, if you've got a 'truthseeker' you'll find out, save's the hassle of being a nutter!! ^^
. o O (Everybody hates missionaries and if they aren't 'ready' you haven't got a chance anyway)

Have a good day and don't let the rain wash the smile off your face,
Sam the Nutter

p.s. live on boat, believe in 'all this cr*p: veah, Nutter ^^

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I wonder if any of these reporters laughing about the chance of their being other life forms visiting us are religous, if so then i cannot understand why they believe that their is this big entity called god watching over them, and this god pulled a rib out of the only person on earth and made another person with it, and that a man built a gigantic ark with his family, and put all those animals in it.
And they have the cheek to scoff at the idea of aliens, I know what i think sounds more plausible.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrentReznor
yeah heard about it on the radio...and on our local tv news program "northwest tonight" they noted uk's most famuse case..at "Rendelsham" so maybe new light may be shed on that one.

Yes, Rendelsham Forest incident Dec. 1980, near anglomerican military base called Woodbridge, UK.
Cited as potentially an elaborate military experiment/drill, but if not it was a meeting of officers and ETs.

So I have a yardstick/ruler by which I'm watching Disclosure-type progress. It's historically based, but if the "acceleration of progress" (maybe a cultural application of Moore's Law?) is at all true I will have a conservative estimate for a time frame for an actual full diclosure.
My Rule involves the Copernican model of the solar system and the Catholic Church/Vatican.

The Copernican model was published in 1539 overthrowing the previous Ptolemic model of an earth-based solar system. I believe the Ptolemic model was accepted by the Church at the time.
(from The Science Book, Cassell & Co., UK, 2001.)

It wasn't until 1835 that the Catholic Church officially endorsed the Copernican solar system, i.e. it wasn't until then that Catholics were allowed to believe in a Sun-centered solar system.
(from Wikipedia, 5/10/08)

That's my rule of analogous population-institutional belief progress at the turn of the last millenium.

So there's a model, now where are the analogies?

Well, as much as I hate to say it, (this hurts...) Roswell, NM may be our analogous 1539 publication.

If it's aperfect fit without we can expect full disclosure by 2243 AD...
BUT, the Vatican just said it was OK to believe in ETs.

Why would they do that? They aren't in the habit of endorsing disruptive arguably heretical ideas ... unless they are confronted with incontrovertible proof and they don't want to look like fools....?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
you guys are getting excited over nothing.

Do you really think they are going to release their real files to the public?

They give us just enough to shut us up for a little while, so they can say, "see, here are our files, we told you we don't know anything"

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I did find one or to interesting things in the first report I looked at.

One
There really are strange phenomena in the skies, and many are reported by cool and intelligent people.

Two,
There has been no approach to governments, and no direct knowledge of UFOs by governments. Lord clanccarty has an answer: there is a great inter governmental conspiracy of silence, initiated by the CIA.

Well, I think those two statements there could almost warrant there own thread!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

What is the rundown on this conspiracy? I failed to find that link, and would love it if you could direct me....
I hate that my french is so rusty, as it is taking forever for me to be able to make the connections I want with the UK sightings. Of course, I think we are getting bottom barrel stuff here...

[edit on 15-5-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Here is the link to the UK page.
The quote I typed in above does not really refer to one conspiracy in particular. It was a statement made by a UK official in regards to UFO Cover Ups by the CIA. So I take that as conformation by a foreign government that there are UFO cover ups happening. And as the reference stated, initiated by the CIA.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
About time, My Mother used to always be ringing the local police and army when she saw them (UFO's) (she had a makeshift garden shed come telescope/photography room lol) they always used to laugh at her in a oh here she goes again type of way, but theyd note it down, glad to see they are being released anyway, Although I wonder how much they had to edit before it was released?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Sorry guys - my PC is struggling to download this lot of PDF

I did however see a program about UFO = MOD and Nick Pope - he has a lot of credbility. He has that sense of diligence, nerdiness and underplay that many British (especially civil servants) have.

When he says that 99.9% are fakes, he is believable. When he shows the 0.1% that he has (thoroughly) investigated but he can find no explanation then he has credibility as well - you know he will have checked the aircraft/weather balloons etc.

On this program he also offered a glimpse of the aircraft for project aurora (a blip on a weather satellite) but that is for another story board.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join