It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain releases batch of files on UFO sightings

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Britain releases batch of files on UFO sightings

news.yahoo.com

"Everyone became aware that the object was unidentified," their report said. "SATCO (code name for a controller with 14 years experience) reports that the object came in 'at speed,' made a touch and go on runway 27, then departed at 'terrific speed' in a 'near vertical' climb."

The incident is one of the more credible in the newly public files because it was reported by air traffic controllers, said David Clarke, a UFO expert who worked with the National Archives on the document release.

"They were absolutely astonished," he said. "It was a bright, circular object, flashing different colors, and after it touched down it disappeared at fantastic speed. The report comes from very qualified people, and it's one of the few that remained unexplained."The incident is one of hundreds of reported sightings contained in more than 1,000 pages of formerly secret UFO documents being released Wednesday by Britain's National Archives. It is one of the few that was never explained.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-5-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
So as the topic for today in the world seems to be disclosure....

New Link: British UFO Files Release Page

Thread on recent releases

BBC LINK: Much Better Article-Click Here

Edit to add link...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
So there seems to be a serious trend towards disclosure at the Moment...

Vatican declares belief in Aliens congruent with belief in God

Recent Mass Sightings in Germany

Alabama Sightings

Not to mention a billion others I didn't want to link here....

So Is This The Year?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Not to get all whiney or anything, but 5 flags and no replies? Really?
Is there anyone across the pond who might have some more information on this? Some hands on information perhaps? Does anyone else see this as another step in the future disclosure?

Scientists warn ET may be dangerous

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
they are out there for sure.

no one will be able to deny once planet x comes around closer

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged! Thanks for posting this jason!

It has been a terrific cover-up job by TPTB for the past 60 years, but it can't last forever.

I have had too many sightings to count.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Was about to post it myself but you got in first. Will be downloading the files when available.

Starred and Flagged.

BTW Did you see the other thread about NASA's announcement to make a statement on the 15th? Don't know what it's about but it could be interesting (based on all this current disclosure that's going on).

NASA's About to Announce Something Big

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hey, from you thats quite a compliment.
I believe that the announcement is actually just about one of the four types of energy. At least thats what I found out.... Does anyone here live in England? Give us the lowdown on what this really is and means?
BBC LINK: Much Better Article-Click Here

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Here are some Highlights....
newsimg.bbc.co.uk...
newsimg.bbc.co.uk...

Here is an interesting video....
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Okay, so I've backtracked and filled in all the links, to both the BBC article, and the actual UK site for the release. I have no Idea why I have 9 flags, and two responses, but I am assuming that you are all trying to absorb the data. Please share with me anything that looks real interesting. I cannot get the files myself...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I wonder when North America will come forward and offer disclosure on the subject. I think Canada will not disclose until the US does. Full disclosure will be when the American government discloses.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I have asked some of our Chinese and Russian friends on this site what they believe, and some of them have pointed out that due to the impact of what full disclosure will mean, these super-powers, the ones who actually interacted on a larger scale, hold disclosure as the ultimate trump card. You have to deal with the fall out, but can also leave a lot of trust dissipated with the others government. Disclosure is one of the last great weapons...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Well it's not like the people trust the government anyway. They have lied to us many times, they have had injustice, and let corporations take over. It's not like a disclosure will hurt anyone. My parents have been Christian for about 50 years now and they believe in aliens, as do my neighbors. If they lied to us the best way to fix it is to start telling us the honest truth and restore our trust in them.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

What I believe more is that there just might actually be a secret government agreement with certain species, or even more, that we would find out that our government has been hiding technological breakthroughs...

I am a christian, and I find the idea of other beings an obvious fact, one that does not contradict my faith..

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I'm staying up late, waiting for our friends,in the UK to wake up... so is there any good things in these reports? Anything we can link to the French releases last year?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
The National Archives UFO files are kept at the following URL UFO's at the National Archives

And here are Direct links to the files in question:

DEFE/24/1925 - UFO reports (51.7 Mb)

DEFE/24/1924 - UFO reports (43.2 Mb)

DEFE/24/1923 - UFO reports (32.7 Mb)

DEFE/24/1922 - UFO reports (13.8 Mb)

DEFE/31/175 - UFO incidents (15.3 Mb)

DEFE/31/174 - UFO incidents (22.6 Mb)

DEFE/31/173 - UFO incidents (45.7 Mb)

DEFE/31/172 - UFO incidents (14.6 Mb)

Be careful however as it looks like either the site is connected to the internet using a waxed thread and tin cups or its being hammered for traffic.

At the moment I am not getting anything greater than 1k per second even when I can get into a page so I will have to leave the job to my auto downloaders to see what happens.

As for the BBC article... Well, you can see for yourself it's an MSM media point and laugh job highlighting only the most ridiculous and easily debunk-able cases whilst simultaneously providing an official denial negating the phenomena and discouraging people from actually going to look directly at the files..

It's also important to remember that these documents are provided in response to a UK FOI request and as such will contain nothing which may be deemed as of 'defence significance' since that information is exempt from FOI as determined by the national secrets act and the air force and sec-def has even told the commons that such information will never be disclosed.

Cheers.
Absence.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
From the BBC News Story my favorite has got to be:

A further document reveals how, on 21 February 1982, a group of customers and staff at a Tunbridge Wells pub reported an unknown object with green and red flashing lights - seen heading in the direction of Gatwick airport.

No wonder the report was classified!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Absence of Self

Thank you so much for finally linking these. I realize that all but he most esily debatable sightings are probably still classified, however I am most interested in finding some links between these cases and th French cases released last year. It will probably take a while to link all of these, as I see what you mean about the DL time... If anyone else can help with these connections, feel free....
I think a major part of understanding why some of these visis occur will rely heavily on determining world flight paths....

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
here's a winston churchill memo i downloaded (copy of document printscreened). posting it here per moderator advice...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
They had a brief news article on this on GMTV (uk breakfast show) this morning, of course the news reader laughed as she was reading the story and they highlighted "little green men" and displayed a pretty childish drawing to which the presenters commented no wonder they were kept secret if that's the quality of the reports...or words to that effect.

On Sky news, they had a slightly more journalistic approach to it although they did play the X files music over the video footage.. Nick Pope was on and looked fairly despondent about the whole affair..

Ah well .. there you go, just what you'd expect really

All the best

Berth

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join