It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Caught Flashing McCain TV Subliminal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I too believe this is far more likely to be an editing or live-switching screw-up than an attempt at subliminal advertising. The intro animation is designed to 'key' over and reveal footage, and in this instance it looks like someone either had the wrong source selected at the switcher, or had old footage in the timeline. Either way, I'd say it's easily explained as an error...

...but of course if you prefer to believe it was deliberate, then you could say that a sloppy chunk of footage along with a very reasonable explanation as to how it got left there would get FOX out of hot water, right?

And in the interest of full disclosure, yes I work in the business (video production, not news) and yes I'll likely vote for McCain. =)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I think it was deliberately done, but unless you can find another instance there will be nothing done. The only question I have is who was responsible for this? Obviously the technician would be aware of whether he did it on his own or he was asked or told to do it. No doubt the station will deny any wrong doing and call it a mistake, unless someone comes up with more instances to back up the claim.

I'm just really sick of the American MSM - not just Fox.

I didn't realize subliminal images were illegal in the U.S. can someone point to a specific law? I've seen plenty, but it would be a very difficult case to prove.

If illegal it would be fun to do some research and go after some of these bastards and hit em where it hurts.

Alex Jones is a bit over the top, however he does come up with some good stuff occasionally - mostly because conspiracy freaks send him good info.

As far as Analog, digital & HD having different delay times - that's pretty simple Analog is just a straight receiver and spits it right out as it gets it, Digital & HD has to be processed and there needs to be a buffer build up (time) so the processor can keep up with different data rates (maybe the rates stay the same, but the buffer leaves headroom for errors)- obviously the HD has the biggest buffer so it takes the longest. No conspiracy just better picture & sound.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I don't understand why this comes as a shock to many people, FOX and subliminal propaganda?

They go hand in hand.
FOX is a Republican-backed propaganda outlet, funded, supported and ordered by it's Republican owners and masters like Murdoch and Cheney.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Maybe it could be something "in between" sinister and innocuous...like a mischevious editor who saw that there was one (or whatever) frame of McCaine in there, and, without higher consent, decided to leave it in there for the hell of it (maybe even because he or she likes the bugger).

Or maybe it was because of something practical. Or something technical.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Wow, the crack pots at prison planet in their own propaganda ploy.

Seriously, anyone in media production knows how simple it would be for such a mistake to happen. IM sure if it were Obama it wouldn't even have been mentioned anywhere on the internet.

Seriously, if you look at propaganda and the history behind it, prison planet is playing a bigger factor in it than anyone else.

I cant believe anyone on here still quotes them.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
On a side note but still on topic, I wonder if subliminal messages are the reason they're making everyone buy a digital TV.

Perhaps...But this may be another reason for the Government to make non-digital TV illegal:
Source: Mercury News

Small TV stations lose appeal on digital converter boxes

Associated Press
Article Launched: 05/09/2008 12:37:25 PM PDT

WASHINGTON - A federal appeals court has denied a request from owners of thousands of low-power television stations to force a ban on government-subsidized converter boxes that can't display their signals...

... The problem facing the 2,600 low-power television stations represented by the association is that they are not subject to the deadline. Most of the converter boxes now on sale will actually block the low-power analog signal from those stations, while the full-power digital signals will display normally.

[more at source]

It seems to me that, since the smaller (probably more independent) local stations will wind up getting "censored out" simply because the DTV boxes won't pick up their signals.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

A very interesting point, and one that I hadn't known about - starred.

Could this step towards digital TV be another way of controlling the media?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
I think it was deliberately done, but unless you can find another instance there will be nothing done. The only question I have is who was responsible for this? Obviously the technician would be aware of whether he did it on his own or he was asked or told to do it. No doubt the station will deny any wrong doing and call it a mistake, unless someone comes up with more instances to back up the claim.

There is a runnng joke among those who work in "Live TV" that goes something like "You never see your mistakes twice." Even with the advent of new technology, station automation, etc. Live TV tends to be a "flying by the seat of your pants" world. Especially at the lower end of the pay scale within local TV markets.

I am certain we have all seen "mis-switches" in Super Bowl or "Live concert" performances. The T.D. might accidently switch to a camera that is zooming to find a shot or one that is out of focus or to On Camera talent primping.

By the way, I believe this local Fox affiliate is in Washington DC. A fairly large market, but not the actual National Cable Network itself.

Would there be any controversy if this was a local ABC, NBC or CBS affiliate?

Besides, I now suspect the clip on Prison Planet via You Tube has been edited anyway and did not occur "live."

kind regards . . . kk

[edit on 14-5-2008 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Your subconscious most definately would have seen it.

Sublimination is real. I did research myself to prove it.

Flash a character somewhere on your screen for 1 ms and you will not know it has happened. Flash it for 4ms and you might, but are unlikely to guess the character. Flash it at random locations 100 times for 1ms and you will swear the whole screen is lit up with the character. You cannot fail to know the character.

This proves the perception occurs. Only when it becomes significant does your mind choose to bring it to your attention, it has to pass a filtering test to reach awareness.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me exactly what time, station (it wasn't Fox News, rather a Fox affiliate), and date this aired? I work for a company that captures almost every single news broadcast in the country; I may be able to investigate further.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Other than the original link in the OP, I don't know.

I'd very much appreciate your help though - I think we need to find out one way or the other.

KK makes a very good case for a "mistake" but others are equally sure it was deliberate, and it would be great to have a "pro" on board to help figure this one out

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I've seen that intro before, the station cut it short, had you seen the entire intro you would have seen hillary and barak also they actually leave the images up longer. the local station cut in before the rest of the intro could play.
no conspiracy here, move along...you don't have to go home but you can't stay here...nuthin to see folks...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Other than the original link in the OP, I don't know.

I'd very much appreciate your help though - I think we need to find out one way or the other.

Well, we may be able to find it, but I need a bit more information.

I cannot see YouTube videos on this machine, so I need someone to tell me what the anchors are talking about after the logo appears.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by blimpseeker

Appreciate your input, but I think we're capable of deciding these things for ourselves.

We have posters who are trying to fathom it, rather than give stock answers that do little to contribute.

If you've seen it before, why not try tracking it down on youtube etc and posting it.

That would then be proof, and we could all "move along"

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I also need to know what station it aired on. There are at least four Fox 5s across the United States. It is KVVU, WTTG, WNYW, or WAGA?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It starts off as "back we are now with a Fox 5 news at 10 exclusive - a message of hate found in a popular hotel in times square.
Fox5 Linda schmidt with a story that you won't see anywhere else."

Cuts to linda schimdt in times square. with the fox logo showing 10:14 and MYFOXNY.COM web address

Clip ends.

Time shown as 10:14 in bottom left hand corner.

Logo in the intro sequence is for fox5 news with WNYW.TV/WNYW.DT NEW YORK written underneath

Posted 1 week ago by a used with the web address:
www.fliesinthekitchen.com... which is a blog site. and also linked to a web animation site.

It appears that there are other images underneath in the left bottom quadrant of the clip that don't come through - it's just the mcain and cindy images that show for a split second.

Hope this helps.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I searched through our database, and am coming up with nothing. We only go back 30 days, so it is possible this clip aired over a month ago.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Ok, why give so much credence and attention to the only right winged bias network while all the other major networks are clearly left wing.
Major imbalance here yet people feel this imbalance is still not exactly fair.
They want it all I guess.

If McCain wins it will be because of the disenfranchized obama/hillary supporters going with McCain instead

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It's possible that it was broadcast over a month ago - I'm a little suspicious of the links for the person who posted it on youtube.

An animation website?

It's possible that the people who posted it also doctored it.

Of course it's also possible that fox did it...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
It's possible that the people who posted it also doctored it.

It is very possible that the person who posted it doctored it.

This is what it says on the YouTube page...

"It's undetectable at normal speed, but I was editing this footage in Final Cut Pro and going through it frame-by-frame when I saw this. SOURCE

Combine this with the "time-jump" that a previous poster found, and I think someone may be trying to pull something.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by SaviorComplex]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join