It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Sigil Results, this stuff works!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
idk much about this subject, however from reading the thread, its seems to not come off as 'evil' but at the same time, the bible refers to satan as, "the Prince of this world" and "the Deceiver"

with that being said, me as a christian believes it could very well be evil in seemingly unconnected ways. The Prince of this world could give you personal gain, which according to the scripture is temporary and useless, while taking your focus off of Christ.

The beginning of the thread refered to this as being connected with A Crowley's teaching, who was an occultist and satanist.

in my opinion, these are murky waters i would not, and would tell my brothers in Christ not to wade into.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

iSHRED.

Christianity is FULL of things that could be considered sigils. The cross for starters. That is the epitome of a sigil.

A consistent ritual can be considered a sigil. Albeit a 4 dimensional sigil (action over time) with a specific meaning.

Making the sign of the cross over the breast is a sigil.

You cannot condemn the use of similar practices just because it's not couched in the authority of the church.

PS. Sigils were not created by Crowley and any reference to him as an authority is incorrect. He merely used them like any other mental system or religion does.
edit on 2011/1/4 by juniperberry because: add more stuff

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Tried this last year.

Made one to get a new gaming computer. Took a few months but my parent bought me one. Could be just coincedence though, I've made a few more but was too lazy to "charge" them.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

I understand things in christianity could be sigils. We are also taught to pray, but could you not pray to the wrong entity.

Matthew 6:26 - Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

That tells me that not only will he provide me with what i need, but what i want (unless it would end up being bad for me)

If you make a sigil in the name of Jesus, i'd just call that a more focus prayer. But without Jesus, who knows what forces are at work bringing you what you desire.

Like i said originally, not saying it is bad, i would just choose to steer clear

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
What do you guys think of getting a sigil tattooed to you? I am going to get one on my chest today, Sigil of Baalberith.
Just want to see what you guys think could come from that if anything, because I (obviously) believe it's nothing, just an art piece.
But I know a lot of you are believers in this sort of thing, so what do you think could happen in the sense of it being the sigil of a demon?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I wouldn't expect anything to come of it, though I am a bit of a disbeliever in Christian demonology. I doubt that a lot of these supposid demons they speak of actually exist.

I have done some sigil work in the past (2009), following a technique laid out by Grant Morrison on a Disinformation DVD. I achieved quite a bit of success with them, and a siginificant proportion of them worked. Certainly enough success for me lead credence to the practice. They were mostly for little things, nothing major at all, and quite honestly I can't recall what my goals even were.

I have not worked with them since then, despite some encouragement from others to do so.

For those that are interested in trying out the technique, there is a book put out by Thee Temple ov Psychick Youth, which seems to be pretty good, and possibly even more effective then the technique I used.

Here is a link to the online version of the text: www.ain23.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin

edit on 16-8-2011 by jesusatan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This is a rather cack handed bookmark.
Like Arnie, I'll be back.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kupios

Hmmm... Occults, Majick, self enrichment... all sounds like daemonic tools. Not something I think I'd be interested in tinkering with. Whether you are religious or not, believe in karma or not, believe in reincarnation or not - the whole notion of utilizing majick to enrich one's self will most certainly have consequences probably not immediately realized. There is more to balance in the world, there is balance in the soul. Enriching one's self without putting forth the appropriate effort and earning the enrichment leaves one's soul in debt - a debt that will be repaid. Just something to think about...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
There's absolutely nothing to fear...

I made a sigil and asked for something tomorrow so I'll let you know if it worked.

Last time I made something similar to a sigil, I had a sleep paralysis. lol.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
SWEET BABY JESUS! I did some sigils and now I'm possessed by a demon! I'm praying to our Lord's "truly nolen" anti demonic service to get it removed but it doesn't happen.... HELP!

There's nothing wrong by the use of sigils pals, they help us to balance our own personal microcosm and to speed up things that are going to happen, increasing also the probabilities of them to happen faster and sooner.
A little and common example. My glasses broke like 1 year ago. My mom and stepdad didn't gave a s*** about it, and they're my source of income, so there were no probabilities (for that side) to get a new pair. So i made a sigil, charged it, and everything else... and guess what, my dad (whom hadn't NEVER bought me anything, not even when I was a child) said for my bday: Ok, daughter, we're going to the oftalmologyst and get a new prescription to you, and then we're going to sent those glasses to make. My mom and I laughted for hours, because we didn't believed him....
but now I have new glasses
! The dad that NEVER bought me anything just went and bought them. I needed the glasses, cause I don't see anything without them, I did and casted the sigil out of that necessity, forgot about that, and 4-5 months later i had my new ones. When I came out of the store I just recalled I did sigilized that happening, and laughed again, but in joy.
Sooner or later I was going to get a new pair of glasses, but the fact that my dad bought them... how can I racionalize that fact? it was pure MAGIC.

I've done several more, I remember at least 80% of them happening already... a clue is to lose the lust of desire and let the brain forget about what you're sigilizing till the fact become true.

Good luck!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
So I decided to try a couple....... the first one I did was easy and went very smoothly.

I had trouble with the second one. I noticed when I start to make the sigil from the letters it just kinda flowed on to the paper . That was nice. The problem I had was after I created it , I decided to color it. When I had finished it was actually a work of art ! I was reluctant to burn it lol

The other problem I'm having is trying to forget them. Remember the old saying...
" What ever you do, Don't think of a pink elephant !!!! "

But all and all I'm thinking the out come of it all will be very worthwhile. I personally think this is a exercise in self-discipline. I agree with the idea of setting an intent then letting it go !

However, I may vary on my belief after that. I believe that once you have set it and the universe sends you the answer you may have to take action yourself to make it happen , instead of just waiting...

I dunno just my

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Just curious, but do you ever worry about meddling in things you don't understand?

i'm not a particular believer either, in fact, i'm a believer of nothing but what if the human mind is actually capable of more than it is told it would be? and what if abrahamic religions, in their intetion to suppress mankind in any form you can think of, indoctrinate their believers that they should keep their hands off any inborn abilities of a higher caliper than those currently in use? such abilities would be useful (for both, good and evil) of course. as for the good and evil part, people who lack the ability of "magic" still manage to involve in doing good to or harming others anyway.

i don't believe in magic but there could be well a scientific explanation like the correct redirection of mental energy as the brain capacity would allow or trained properly etc.
edit on 20-8-2011 by jamsession because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jesusatan

I've found SEVERAL ways to charge the sigils, from using them as avatars on online games (so a bunch of people watching at them for a period charges the sigil instead of yourself), hide it in plain sight for some days (post it on your computer monitor can help), drawing it with vegetable coloring on filter paper and then dissolve it and drink the water, watching at them while listening to alpha waves, doodling them while "paying attention" in a boring class and project them into the infinite when the class ends, or if it's an idea you can't remove easily from your head, just write your sigil on a piece of paper 13 times a day till your will became true. I've read that even using it as a logo for a business or as a piece of clothing may help. I've seen some painted on the streets too (the graffitty style)
I've tried almost all of them, but the classic way is still the best. I'm still going on with the 13 times in a paper, i will do it for a year, then burn that pile of papers and go to a party so i can forget about it. And yes, I have a big shiny golden sigil drawn onto my art briefcase. When I was still going to college, some people asked what it was about, and I said "it's the logo of a band I like!" and nothing else. It worked by the way, I should erase it but i doon't use that briefcase anymore

The best way to forget the sigil is still doing your normal tasks as if nothing had happened. Watch a movie, gather with your friends, go play games, do your home chores... whatever. Then, the sigil and all the ritual you've done passes to a "second plane" on your head (on the "task bar" from your OS) and the magic still works without you being in the middle.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Caggy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu

Originally posted by Kupios
Of course!

video.google.co.uk...

This link above is EXCELLENT! What an amazing guy. This is all you need to get started.

That link is just a google search for 'morrison' and brings up a song by James Morrison......

Actually, i've just searched for Grant Morrison and got the video. He's Scottish as well! Brilliant!

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Nammu]

Can you post up a link? All I get is some dude writing comic books named Grant Morrison.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

That is the same dude.
Search on youtube for him maybe.
Was the link not on the first page of this thread somewhere ?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
For better understanding of sigil magic and Grant Morrison's view, you all should read "Pop! Magic", it's a paper he wrote about modern magic and he explains in a very easy way how to work with sigils.
Also, his ducumentary "Talking with Gods" is awesome (even when I didn't understood a half of what he was saying... that accent T_T! it's not foreign-friendly.... and I didn't found any subtitles...)

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join