It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Sigil Results, this stuff works!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
@OdovacarDvilhelm

I have a few questiosn for you.

Have you tried it only once ?
Are you sure you did the whole thing "by the book" ?
How much time it passed between you making the sigil and deciding is not working ?
Hawe you managed to forget the wish for a while or you just dwelled on it on and on ?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lux Fero

Personally, I believe that the idea of performing sigil magic 'by the book' is a contradiction in terms.

Failure is possible only if one does not place sufficient faith (and please remember that this faith is temporary, used as a tool in this technique rather than demanding long-term and unquestioning commitment) in the act of sigilization to make an impact on one's subconscious mind.

This, ultimately, is the purpose of the act-- to brand the intent symbolized in the sigil in lines of white-hot fire onto one's atavistic mind. Sigil magic is an internal process, not an external one; it aims to alter one's basic thoughts and perceptions, aiding one in working with clear and unified mind and purpose toward the realization of their intent.

Normally, our subconscious minds' tendency is toward self-doubt; its nature as host to a dozen simultaneous and often contradictory lines of thought, opinion, or belief, each of which has a subtle but significant effect on the end product of our conscious minds, works at cross purposes with a person striving for single-minded pursuit of some goal.

Generally, far less of what we think on a conscious level is the product of true free will; instead, our surface thoughts are a pastiche of the instincts, memory, belief, fear, and selfishness which roil in our subconscious, loosely bound by a veneer of self-determination. The construction and application of a well-formed sigil helps to break through this self-negating, obstructive murk, to focus the subconscious mind and make it an ally rather than an enemy in working toward the achievement of one's intent.

Sigil magic is not about paranormal forces and ancient ritual. It's about directing the powers of one's own consciousness in a more efficient, useful way. It affects how we think, which determines how we interact with the physical world, rather than affecting the physical world directly as some magical systems would claim.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
@The Parallelogram

The idea behind a sigil is to give us a way to bypass the consciousness and to be able to implant information in the deep mind without the chit-chatting of the conscious mind.

I've read Spare and Frater U.D. and i clearely remember that Spare - the father of sigil "magic" - didn't even mention faith in his writings. On the contrary.

The theory behind sigils says that if we want them to work, we have to obliterate the initial idea from our minds. Once the sigil is launched, if we don't manage to forget the wish or the sigil itself, we clearely deny the purpose of the sigil, since the "wish" is still present in the conscious plane of the mind and thus subject to doubt, impatience lack of faith etc.

Clearely, there are rules to be obeyed. And faith has nothing to do with it.

Failure is possible only if one does not place sufficient faith (and please remember that this faith is temporary, used as a tool in this technique rather than demanding long-term and unquestioning commitment) in the act of sigilization to make an impact on one's subconscious mind.

My oppinion is that faith is related to the conscious mind not the deep mind. That's why you need to use a sigil, tu bypass the years needed to develop faith. Faith is not easy to achieve and to believe you can generate and obliterate faith whenever you want, now that's a contradiction.

Normally, our subconscious minds' tendency is toward self-doubt;

I thought it's the other way arround. The conscious mind is preocupied with theories, proof and doubt. The deep mind doesn't know anything about that, it just absorbs whatever gets to touch it.

Anyway, I appreciate your oppinion. I consider every bit of information important, regardless if we agree or not on a subject.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have drawn my sigil focused around my deepest desire for tomorrow.

I have set the goal and set a timescale.

Basically, I want the company I am contracting to, to offer me a permanent role tomorrow.

It is a deep desire and I am invested in the concept.

I feel the desire physically in my heart! I am off to bed to focus on it and to meditate a while with my sigil below my pillow.

Will it work - it better!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I used a combination of 3 sigils in one ceremony to get my friend Kyle and his friend Brittany to start dating. She lived in Arizona, and he in Illinois at the time. I did the ceremony on the 21st of December, by January 1st she'd called him and they'd started dating. They've been together since.

I then taught Kyle how to use them, so he spent some time getting a ceremony down to bring Brittany from Arizona to Illinois. It took him 3 tries. She lives about 40 minutes south of him now, with her sister, mother, father and grandmother. Not a "perfect" case since she's not living with him, but still an interesting result.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
sigil magick along with almost all "chaos" magick coming out of the woodworks in this day and age are actually mostly cristian sorcery. just sayin to that one person who thinks they are goin to h e bouble hockey sticks.
sigil magick is great because in all reality all you are doing is flexin those subconcious brain muscles o to speak. its a form of prayer and will only work if you know it will.or hope it will i actually use it alot and ive had very good results. and as far as the personal gain thing goes its really all about moderation you cant get greedy with any kind of magick or it has a tendency to blow up in your face with that ever so pesky 3 fold rule.but as long as your not cursing others you should be good light magick doesnt tend to have herendous 3 fold explosions like dark and black magic do.
i started using sigils before i ever even got on the web and saw the grant morrison vid. when i saw it i cried cuz i kinda thought i was nuts in all my beliefs lo

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by vnvrchy

This is only partially true, Vnyrchy. Sigils, as a construct, come about with the "grimoires" supposedly written by Biblical kings and famous ancient magicians. While every single one of these books detailing ceremonial magic is of uncertain veracity, the actual practice of using images, metals, elements and the stars to craft designs and special talismans for magical uses has existed far longer.

In Egypt the practice was widely practiced to ward off Apep and the "night demons" who accompanied him on his quest to swallow the Ra and the Sun Barque.

In Voudun a "veve" is essentially a sigil made out of various dust, dirt, powder or other such earthy materials. While Voudu has high Christian influences, the ceremonial magic aspects of theosophical societies did not touch them.

Eastern European witchcraft, Middle-Eastern Shamanism, Hinduism and even Buddhism all attribute mandalas, etchings, metallurgy and the like in their religio-spiritual practices. These are all forerunners for the sigil magic practices.

Finally, I agree that sigils are meant to strengthen the mental muscles used predominantly in the act of magical manipulation. That's not to say that some kind of a "god-head" doesn't exist. There are still no satisfiable explanations for why magical operations work, so what grounds is there to say it is all 100% mental stimulation causing it?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OdovacarDvilhelm
reply to post by Kyouki

So what are you the chosen one or something?

If I put hours of effort into it, and it still didn't do a thing for me, then we can easily rule out it as not real. It either works or it doesn't, and it's quite obvious it doesn't. Since I put hours of effort into it and nothing happened, that automatically proves it to be 100% placebo for you.

It either works, or it doesn't.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by OdovacarDvilhelm]

What does anything I said even has to do anything with being 'chosen'?

I'd be waving to the world from my Ivory tower by now to all the little people down there who failed the practise of 'cookie cut sigil magick'.

Magick doesn't just work or doesn't work, we would all be master magicians now if it was just all that simple.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kyouki

I agree Kyouki. Magick is a learned skill. Like meditation or any type of Eastern focus. Practice makes it more powerful. Everyone can do it, assuming they can train themselves.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
i have read about this sigil creation and magik and maybe i may have had my own manifestation but it was not a good one and the more i focused on it the more powerful it became,in the end i had to really try and just stop and re focus as this imige was getting out of hand and driving me nuts.

maybe i shall try to focus on something nice and friendly with more positive thoughts. i could do with some good luck.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well, after researching this subject a little bit, I came to a conclusion that there is nothing "sinister" about this (to those who believe its something of the devil), its a way to help your sub-conscious mind co-create what you wish to have in your life, I'd like to thank the OP for opening my mind to this tool - wether it works for me or not!

Iv'e done some sigils in hebrew, and some in english, and would like to check if perhaps one of the languages has a different effect, I have aimed on a few goals I currently have and will update on the success / failure of it.

What strikes me is the fact that it actually worked for most of the people who tried it..... I personally dont really believe in such coincidences.

Thanks again OP.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by freebourn]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well after reading the document on the seminar by an organisation named
"the purple monkey mafia" i can only endorse this as a great fun read and not a bad philosophy to follow in modern day as to chaos magic or the creation of magic through the use of sigils,i liked it.

i will be trying this out! any one had any luck? i would love to know your results/methods.

stealthy~

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lux Fero
@The Parallelogram

The theory behind sigils says that if we want them to work, we have to obliterate the initial idea from our minds. Once the sigil is launched, if we don't manage to forget the wish or the sigil itself, we clearely deny the purpose of the sigil, since the "wish" is still present in the conscious plane of the mind and thus subject to doubt, impatience lack of faith

Then surly this is how you would manifest a sigil as a true
thoughtform, it would start to take on more power and
maybe become more?no?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
HOLY MOLY this stuff does work! don't ask me how but it works I did 2 little rituals, made a statement of intent drew the sigil even made up a language from the words I used in the S O I then off i threw them.

nearly instant results personal gain and some help with a problem both fixed so now for some more. the hardest part i found was forgetting the sigil once created.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hello to All contributors to this thread,

I wanted to let you know how very much I have enjoyed reading all of your experiences. Thank you so much! I've taken many notes and checked all the links provided. I'm off to make sigils.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I tried this but so far it hasn't worked.

I don't expect instant results and it was difficult to forget it one I made it.

Also what do people do to charge their sigils?

How long should it take for results?

I'll try again anyway, with something different this time.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
ok, i've given it a shot and will post any results

sigil magicked a request for assignment to a location that was previously flat-out denied . . . so if it turns out i'm posting from arizona soon, i'll have to give the sigil full credit for it

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
sigil? ritual? Does anyone care to educate me? How do you choose the right sigil for the right situation? What have everybody been talking about? Links? I would love to try this over the summer....

Yeahhh !

Right on...

Doc

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Hey not to be nosy or anything. But care to give us a little more detail as to what happened?

If it's too personal, then I understand.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

i asked that i had better luck in a venture i am involved in. things
had not been going well. and sure enough my luck did change and
things worked out nicely.

bit cryptic i know, but yes it is personal. i think belief is a major part of
this process. if i told my friends i was literally "wishing" for things they
would say i was mad.

new topics

top topics