It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is Punishing China

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
you probably already heard of the Chinese earthquake that killed up to 8,000 people. I got a relative there but i dont know if he is ok or not yet. Thats just terrible, 8,000 is alot, im not sure if an earthquake ever did that before. anyway what the thread is about is whether this earthquake came directly from God to punish the Chinese for what they have done to Tibet, especially recently.

Thousands of people have been killed by Monday's powerful earthquake in just one affected region of central China, its government said, with the toll expected to keep rising as bodies are retrieved from schools, homes and factories. The Chinese government said at least 8,600 people were dead, but that the death toll was sure to rise as authorities began to reach some of the worst-hit areas. Thousands more were believed to be injured. CNN

and this: Chinese virus infections rising

The number of children infected with a deadly virus in eastern China has increased by nearly 700 in the past two days. BBC

and the Chinese last year were criticized for their lead-based toys:

WASHINGTON - Mattel announced recalls Tuesday for 9 million more Chinese-made toys, including popular Barbie, Polly Pocket and “Cars” movie items, and warned that more could be ordered off store shelves because of lead paint and tiny magnets that could be swallowed. MSNBC

[edit on 12-5-2008 by DuneKnight]

sty

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
from ancient times humans associated natural disasters with the anger of the "gods" . Not that I think China did not make it wrong in Tibet, yes they did - but i believe that the association is wrong.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Using the same logic, the recent spate of killer tornados through the American 'Bible Belt' is also indicative of Godly retribution... right?

And that the country of Myanmar, formerly known as Burma, was hit by the horrible destruction of a cyclone, possibly killing hundreds of thousands of it's poorest citizens, primarily because God was angry with the military dictatorship.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy this line of thinking anymore than the idea that God was punishing New Orleans for wickedness or that the NYC twin towers were destroyed because God was angry at capitalism.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

Just the thought that God might have been punishing anyone in this way, makes me think that Hell, if it exists, might be a better place to go!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
I got a relative there but i dont know if he is ok or not yet. Thats just terrible, 8,000 is alot, im not sure if an earthquake ever did that before.

Boxing Day Tsunami, 2004. Quarter of a million killed.

Being the day after Christmas, Muslim clerics came out and said 'God did it' because some people in the effected areas celebrated Christmas.

China is a big place with a big population, when these things happen, a virus outbreak, or an earthquake, many people are unfortunately going to die.

Oh, and aren't you forgetting Burma? What did they do recently? The regime may be terrible, but innocent people killed in these disasters shouldn't have to answer for their government.

I don't think God can give out collective punishment. If he did, you'd all be worshipping the likes of Stalin.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
well of course. So many tiny chinese people. If they weren't so small then so many wouldn't have died.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
There is a book called 'EYE TO EYE' where it connects Bible passages that state that nations or people who bless Israel are also blessed. But those who oppose or effect it are cursed.

The Katrina event along with Israel's evacution in Gaza of the Jews could be seen as a curse on Americans for letting it happen, its something to be considered. There is a graph to suggest everytime America (which is Israel's supporter) fails to help with their needs they come to some disaster. The Jews are also in this frame when they don't stick to their Biblical routes and forget God. America being Israels supporter is the ritchest country in the world so its blessed according to this theory in which we feel God's presence through the nations. It may not be direct judgement but they could be disasters in which God could secretly help us avoid. So there is a pattern to it.

As for the Tsunami it could be seen as a judgement on the curruption of the sex trade and if not Islam it self. If you look at the people who oppose Isreal to the ones who don't you see who is better off as the Bible describes and facts show.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Yeahhhhh, but doesn't that mean that there's some sort of tacit contract between Israel and America? Israel has only existed for 60 years.

There's no pattern - Middle Eastern countries have the oil. Israel is a colonial creation that has caused nothing but havoc since it was created. Put these together, and a lot of people are going to be cheesed off.

If I were an American, and my hard earned tax dollars were propping up Israel, I, as a simple down-trodden Goyim, would feel a little betrayed. But justifying it through religion? I don't know, I'd have some trouble swallowing that pill.

The fact is, these are natural disasters. They've been happening long before humans came onto the scene. Did God wipe out the dinosaurs because they were running a sex trade?

We might think they have supernatural causes, but it's just that we like to try and find patterns in these things so we feel like we're in control.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Maybe you could look closer to home for who would be responsible for 'punishing' China , rather than god .

Perhaps the most comprehensively documented of the above programs – at least in the unclassified literature -- is the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program – HAARP – investigated in detail and documented in the book Angels Don”t Play This HAARP. This huge experiment being conducted in Alaska uses very large arrays of transmitters and receivers to generate energy beamed into the upper atmosphere. (The research will be briefly summarized here.) According to authors Nick Begich and Jeane Manning:

HAARP will zap the upper atmosphere with a focused and steerable electromagnetic beam. It is an advanced model of an `ionospheric heater.” (The ionosphere is the electrically charged sphere surrounding Earth’s upper atmosphere. It ranges between about 40 to 600 miles above Earth’s surface.)

Angels Don”t Play This HAARP cites an expert who says the military studied both lasers and chemicals that they figured could damage the ozone layer over an enemy. Looking at ways to cause earthquakes, as well as to detect them, was part of the project named Prime Argus, decades ago. The money for that came from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA, now under the acronym ARPA.)

In 1994 the Air Force revealed its Spacecast 2020 master plan, which includes weather control. Scientists have experimented with weather control since the 1940s, but Spacecast 2020 notes: “using environmental modification techniques to destroy, damage or injure another state are prohibited.” Having said that, the Air Force claimed that advances in technology “compels a reexamination of this sensitive and potentially risky topic.” [170]

www.allthingspass.com...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
God doesnt want to punish anyone esp single out a country with innocent victims.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
this might be news to people but God has been punishing certain countries for years because of their inhumane actions. right now China just experienced God's wrath and I hope for their safety. God wont let them be a superpower, as he sees them as unworthy due to their lack of values.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
you probably already heard of the Chinese earthquake that killed up to 8,000 people. .... Thats just terrible, 8,000 is alot, im not sure if an earthquake ever did that before.

The Tangshan earthquake in 1976 was of the same magnitude (7.8 richter scale) and killed at least 240,000 people in China

history1900s.about.com...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

It'll be a while before we know exactly how this quake compares but it does seem unlikely to be anything like as bad in turn of human cost.

Edit: was the Tangshan earthquake caused by God, Chemtrails, Haarp, Planet X? Or just good old fashioned plate tectonics. As the Americans say, sh*t happens .... not everything is a conspiracy!

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Essan]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I think the whole earthquake thing has to do with them blowing up a nuke recently... In fact a lot of the quakes might be related to previous nuke blasts... Sorry I don't have any more information, I'm short on time and can't look a bunch of stuff up right now... But that would be my guess... Thanks..

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitesatan
well of course. So many tiny chinese people. If they weren't so small then so many wouldn't have died.

Not funny........

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
personally I think god would have better aim.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dunknight
came directly from God to punish the Chinese for what they have done to Tibet, especially recently.

All I can say to this is
if this is a sample of gods divine retribution...
and its the children who are dying in mass...
then I want no part of that god....

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Do not be hearded into the belief that God's daily regimine is do decide who to take out next with a world catastrophe.

The idea that God inflicts harm/damage discriminately would suggest that he is biased.

Bias is a human triat, and is reflected in almost all religious belief systems because of mans influence on society.

Major earthquakes have and will occur regardless of man's occupence of that territory.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Maybe God is setting an example, if we dont follow him then we die in the same way. we have yet to learn of why earthquakes happen or else we wouldve predicted it. China did do alot of bad things these couple of years and it now has a huge ego, in the same way the roman empire had and look what happened to them. The fall of america is another sign of God's disapproval of U.S actions and social change towards gay marriages and abortion, etc. Gay marriages in my opninon is a direct violation because its spiteful towards God's creed. its like we amended something sacred and twisted it.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by DuneKnight]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If that is true then I also want no part of that God or its actions even if it means I go to hell or limbo as a result. Mortal or Deity anything who revels in acts of destruction is not a God of Peace, Morality but a God of Humanity and I don't trust Humans be they workmen or Kings let alone a God level Human.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Punishing?

Unbelievable that someone born in a modern civilized technical republic and schooled in civilized society could believe such dark ages claptrap.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join