It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who warned Mayor Brown not to fly on 9/11/01?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Actually I went to the state department website and checked and there were no adviseries issued for the USA at that time, that is where the man was going to, New York, not the far east or anywhere else.

Also if you read the article you will find this statement, if the link does not work go to the prison planet one listed on first post, and go in from there to get to this link.

propagandamatrix.com...
Mike McCarron, assistant deputy director at SFO, said the Federal Aviation Administration "routinely" issues security notices about possible threats. He said two or three such notices have been received in the past couple of months,

but none in recent days.

Here is the problem you can't seem to escape, is that the Mayor said he received a warning, no one dreamed it up, it is a fact and the interview he gave documents it.

So once again, who warned the mayor?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
And what you continually dont understand, he called his security people at the airport and they told him to be careful. No one told him not to fly, no one told him not to go to New York. One of the security people said be careful...thats it. No conspiracy, no advance warning of the coming attacks, just a security officer telling their boss to be careful. End of story.

The ONLY reason why this even is a part of 9/11 conspiracy folklore is because Willie Brown is a public figure. I do not see you asking about any number of private citizens who told by friends/coworkers/spouses to be careful in their travels that day. Or maybe you want to interview my wife, because she told me to be careful that day? Or maybe my buddies who WERE headed off to do their two weeks military that day and were going to be flying to Puerto Rico and THEIR wives told them to be careful.....

Your biggest complaint seems to be that you do not know the names of the security officers. Why is that? So you can make their lives a living hell like has happened to others who were "bystanders" that day? Ones who continually get phone calls from people like Craig Ranke or the anonymous messages bitching at them for being "involved" with the government conspiracy?

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Swampfox46_1999]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
You asked me earlier if I presumed to know what was said in that call and now you think you know exactly what was said, now that's just funny.LOL
You are presenting this as a friendly end of conversation, you be careful.

So what you want everyone to believe is that the mayor is so dumb that he took this friendly end of conversation, be careful and then went to the press and said he was warned, because Mayor Willie Brown is the guy who said he received a warning.

propagandamatrix.com...
For Mayor Willie Brown, the first signs that something was amiss came late Monday when he got a call from what he described as his airport security - - a full eight hours before yesterday's string of terrorist attacks -- advising him that Americans should be cautious about their air travel.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose

Here is the problem you can't seem to escape, is that the Mayor said he received a warning, no one dreamed it up, it is a fact and the interview he gave documents it.

So once again, who warned the mayor?

Ok let's, for a moment, accept that someone warned Brown through his own security people. I would suggest that, "Amercians should be careful" is quite different from, "Based on an imminent threat, Mr. Mayor, we strongly urge you to cancel your flight plans."

The "be careful," warning would seem more in line with a scenario in which the govt had enough "chatter," and other intelligence suggesting an attack was likely to happen over the next few days. It is important to remember that George Tenet was reportedly visibly anxious about an attack and yet didn't have actionable evidence on time and location.

It is far too big a leap to get from a rather benign and general warning to this being proof of gov't involvement. Claiming it as factual evidence does not make it so.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999

Umm, no, the messages did not say the WTC was going to be attacked. The messages were not specific and only received added attention after the attacks.

ok, i didn't really expect them to get attention before the attack, Odigo people received them 2 hours before the first plane hit.

Anyway, let's have a quick look at the timeline of this report.

(Keep in mind that Odigo has its headquarters two blocks from the WTC)

As reported on September 26, 2001 by Yuval Dror for Israeli Ha'artz Newspaper
"Odigo, the instant messaging service, says that two of its workers received messages two hours before the Twin Towers attack on September 11 predicting the attack would happen, and the company has been cooperating with Israeli and American law enforcement, including the FBI, in trying to find the original sender of the message predicting the attack. ..." link

On September 27, 2001, Brian McWilliams reports for Newsbytes News Network (a division of The Washington Post Company)
“Officials at instant-messaging firm Odigo confirmed today that two employees received text messages warning of an attack on the World Trade Center two hours before terrorists crashed planes into the New York landmarks....”

So far, we have several report from sources that claim that the attacks (WTC-NY-911) were predicted.

But then the next day (September 28, 2001), Newsbytes reports:

"... The company's vice president of sales and marketing acknowledged that messages warning of attacks were received but would not comment on the contents of the messages. ... Diamandis today in a telephone interview also said the warning message did not identify the World Trade Center as the attack target. Diamandis declined to reveal any other information contained in the message, including whether the warning named the targets for the attack." link

So Odigo then sends out Diamandis to talk to the world and he says they’re not talking about what is being said in the IMs, only that the messages didn’t mention the targets of the attacks. And then declines to reveal whether the targets were named at all. Maybe the were, maybe not, it just wasn’t the WTC..

So I guess we’ll just have to take his word for it. Anyway, anyone heard anything about the result of the investigation? Both Israeli security services and the FBI have been looking into it immediatelly after 911

Sorry for going off-topic. It is quite related, no?
Peace,
Mr.J

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Well if that is so, then why not reveal where that warning came from and what information they had to make such a warning, and lets not forget that the Mayor was headed to New York.

Actually the information can be found as to where the call came from, since phone company records and NSA records might reveal that.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by goose]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose

Well if that is so, then why not reveal where that warning came from and what information they had to make such a warning, and lets not forget that the Mayor was headed to New York.

Actually the information can be found as to where the call came from, since phone company records and NSA records might reveal that.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by goose]

Brown said that HE called his airport security people and they told him to be careful. It's very possible that his security people had access to advisories that the public did not know about.

I am curious to learn more about the Odigo situation. It's one of the few post 9/11 claims that have not, to the best of my knowledge, been explained. I can find no stories talking about the outcome of the investigation. That is pretty odd...does anyone know if this was mentioned in the 9/11 Commission's Report?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

No Brown said he got a call from his airport security people, not that he made the call. Someone called Brown and according to this

propagandamatrix.com...
For Mayor Willie Brown, the first signs that something was amiss came late Monday when he got a call from what he described as his airport security - - a full eight hours before yesterday's string of terrorist attacks -- advising him that Americans should be cautious about their air travel.

Exactly where the call came from is a bit of a mystery. The mayor would say only that it came from "my security people at the airport."

Mike McCarron, assistant deputy director at SFO, said the Federal Aviation Administration "routinely" issues security notices about possible threats. He said two or three such notices have been received in the past couple of months,

but none in recent days.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have a small side issue here, yet it is strongly tied to the topic of this thread.

I remember that in all the reporting of the aftermath of 9/11, one of the big items was accounting for how many people actually died. At first, estimates were very high, due to expected occupancy. But this figure went downhill rather fast.

The one item mentioned a number of times was how it was a "slow day" at the WTCs, and not nearly as many people were in the buildings as would be normal. Anecdotal stories came in on people that missed being part of the carnage for all kinds of strange reasons, from missing a ferry to car troubles.

But it begs the question why? Statistics, on a large scale are fairly predictable. While no one in the insurance industry can know who will die on a given day, actuary tables are overall right on the money for large goups.

Any group as large as the population of the WTCs is predictable. No matter the fluidity of individual people, there should, statistically speaking, have been X number of people on location at the time of this tragedy. Yet, over and over, the actual numbers involved seem to be significantly lower.

It is all well and good to speak of providence, of luck, of coincidence, but these things seem to be flimsy crutches. Why were the numbers so noticeably skewed on this particular day? It was one of the first questions I had, and I have never seen an answer that really fit well.

Just something to think about as this thread moves along.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

No, the story on the propaganda site says the airport called him. Willie Brown, says HE called the airport.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Two workers in ISRAEL received messages that something was going to happen. NEVER was there a warning to WTC workers NOT to come to work that day.

your seem to be TOO sure of there NEVER being a warning to anybody...were you in the building and have control of all the telecom traffic in both buildings that morning?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

reply to post by goose

No, the story on the propaganda site says the airport called him. Willie Brown, says HE called the airport.

The so called propaganda website has a link to the original article in which Mayor Willie Brown says he got a call from his airport security people warning him to be careful and he was flying to New York.

You know since I have pointed out that this could be a smoking gun and possibly traced as to where that call come from, and if it came from any government agency proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that those in our government knew; you have presumed to know what was in the conversation, trying to discount it all together, now you are saying Willie called the airport, when he clearly states in the first interview he gave about the warning that he got a call.

Also there were no warnings issued by the state department about possible problems traveling in the USA, nor any from anywhere else, so there was no reason for any warning to be issued to any of Mayor Willie Brown's people or to Mayor Willie Brown.

When I say that the call record could exist to prove where that call came from, I really mean it, the NSA was keeping phone records long before 911, all of this surveillance stuff was going on before 911, that is all coming out due to the court case on that issue.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by goose]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join