It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible we know too much??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
In a recent discussion with some friends, the theory that we know too much came up. What's this theory you ask?

Well, look at it this way, we humans have become a very advanced technological society in a very brief amount of time. Things that would have been considered impossible, miracles and magic are being done with the use of science...ex. cloning, space travel, etc. We no longer believe everything we are told, because we have technology and science to help us prove otherwise.

Could it be that those who created us knew that we would reach this state of advance technology by 2012 and we would realize that everything we thought was miraculous would be proven by our science by that time and lead us to either self destruction or face off with our creators?

Could it be that it was scientifically calculated that we would reach these technological advances in a given amount of time enabling societies such as the Mayans to conclude that the world would end on 12/21/2012?

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
i am with you 100%

i beleave that we will self destrucked by 2012 or around there. i seen clues of the end of the world by 2012 on the news bran new paranormal shows on the history chanel and the descovery channel(like made in2003 and 04) but you are right. a face off with the all mighty or the doom of mand kind

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
If there is a "creator", I'm sure he wouldn't have given us such powerful brains if he didn't want us to eventually learn so much...but this knowledge isn't always a good thing. Actually, no, it doesn't matter how much knowledge we have, but what we decide to do with it. If we try to pursue peace and happiness...or death and destruction. Right now we spend a lot more money and effort towards the latter.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Interesting theory worldwatcher. I never thought of it that way, that we "know too much".

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
we know too little we probably wont even invent lightsabers by then do you think wed be able to kill ourselves without lightsabers i mean lightsabers are SOOOOOOOOOOO cool and...

im getting ahead of myself

they probably wont even trade with aliens and learn alien languages or even try to get to another dimension

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Yeah, I've pondered that idea myself and I think it's very possible that we will discover some simple key piece of the puzzle that will reveal the "wizard behind the curtain" or solve the theory of everything etc.

At that point we just might move on to another level or the experiment might just end.

Looks like many of us are thinking the same way.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
no, i don't think we know enough, and i highly doubt we'll know a lot more by 2012. i don't think the world will end then, either.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
maybe by 2012 there might be more unexplainable things...how to build pyramid???? nobody couldve done it......how to warp travel.....teleportation from planet to planet....TWILIGHT ZONE....cellphones embedded into the brain and does not cause brain cancer....CURING CANCER AND AIDS....eradicate depleted uranium which is supposed to stay on earth for billions of years....make water from scratch and nothing organic used....how to split an alrdy split atom.....find something smaller than an atom....discover compressed food like in jetsons.....cloning organic materials without starting from embryos or seeds.......time travel....find what 5D looks like.....holographics....lightsabers......antigravity matter......i can list a ton of these things....

lets see people discover these things

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
maybe you don't understand where I am leading with this and I have to spell it out, but " knowing too much" doesn't necessarily mean having to know how to do everything single thing we could possibly phanthom in our brains. read the question again or do I still need to break it down?

Could it be that those who created us knew that we would reach this state of advance technology by 2012 and we would realize that everything we thought was miraculous would be proven by our science by that time and lead us to either self destruction or face off with our creators?

Could it be that it was scientifically calculated that we would reach these technological advances in a given amount of time enabling societies such as the Mayans to conclude that the world would end on 12/21/2012?

oh yeah I forgot, you cannot rule out the possibilities of us being capable to rapidly advance even more within the next 8 years. Just look at history and you will see how every single day, advancements in all sorts of fields of science are being made. Time is relative, anything is possible, who would have thought a few years ago, we would be able to clone animals and very possibly humans too

[Edited on 2-28-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
its just a date how would you know we would reach our ultimate technology....even if we did face off with our creator wouldnt you think he/she would make us dumberr than they are??? i mean who would be stupid enuff to let their own experiments go wrong??

****MY STOMACH HURTS****

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
its just a date how would you know we would reach our ultimate technology....even if we did face off with our creator wouldnt you think he/she would make us dumberr than they are??? i mean who would be stupid enuff to let their own experiments go wrong??

****MY STOMACH HURTS****

ummm, let's see...if we are an experiment isn't it possible that those who created us, had already calculated the amount of time needed for our development to a certain state and gave a date of when they would have to intervene and re-assess their experiment?

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
no they would let us have a capability to keep learning but they would just be a few steps ahead....besides its a date and how would you know thats the date...

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
12/21/2012 is just one of the many dates that it could be, I am not saying that is the exact date...but I think the Mayan's knew alot too, so who's to say if they could be the ones that are right.

I just used it as an example, but still I think the year 2012 has been mentioned enough in many theories to give it more consideration than another date.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
its just another stupid date it could never end...or maybe the date is 6/6/6666 youd never know

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   

...find something smaller than an atom...

lets see people discover these things

uh.... neutrons, protons, electrons, anti-neutrons/electrons/protons, quarks... shall i go on?

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

its just another stupid date it could never end...or maybe the date is 6/6/6666 youd never know

it's your own personal opinion that you see nothing significant about the year 2012, and I thank you for sharing it.

But many do find it "interesting" that different independent sources came up with the same year.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

....make water from scratch and nothing organic used....find something smaller than an atom....

You want water from scratch? We can do that for ya :0
www.buydehydratedwater.com...

Ok that was the funny part.

Now, there is something smaller than an atom;

"An atom contains electrons. We know this because we can knock them off, forming ions. The electrons are whizzing around in a cloud outside a central nucleus.
The nucleus is much smaller than the atom (its diameter is about 100,000 times smaller than the atom's diameter). This is like a pinhead in the middle of an athletics stadium: the pinhead is the nucleus; the spectators are like the electrons (if they were running about, that is)."
www.schoolscience.co.uk...

As for knowing to much.... I think that perhaps clues were left, all over the world...first to put the puzzle together..gets to meet the puzzle makers.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
you know i agree on that but it seems that 2012 is a very popular date for unusual things to happen...end of the world and stuff....and even if we do reach that state what about the 3rd world countries that dont have technology like us??? would their destruction be at a later date?

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If the one language that mankind possessed was not confused thousands of years ago, we would have destoyed ourselves by technology long ago.
We have become of one language again and now face the same danger of annihilation. The Nuclear Bomb is just one humanity killer to mention.

Genesis 11:5-9, "And God proceeded to go down to see the city and the tower that the sons of men had built. After that God said: "Look! They are one people and there is one language for them all, and this is what they start to do. WHY, NOW THERE IS NOTHING THAT THEY MAY HAVE IN MIND TO DO THAT WILL BE UNATTAINABLE FOR THEM. Come now! Let us go down and there confuse their language that they may not listen to one another's language." Accordingly God scattered them from there over all the surface of the earth, and they gradually left off building the city. That is why its name was called Babel, because there God had confused the language of all the earth, and God had scattered them from there over all the surface of the earth."

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I think you guys are putting way too much faith on a calendar that is thousands of years old. I mean comon, how long can a watch last before you have to reset it?

Could it possibly be that we know too little? And that is why the world would end on 2012? That if we don't learn more we would annhilate ourselves. Or is it just that we are looking at this in a pessimistic view. Perhaps 2012 is just the dawn of a new age.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join