It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The powerful white light God is Evil

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Here is more on Adams wife Lilith

witcombe.sbc.edu...

I had recently heard about this, it just proves how distorted biblical history and texts are which is why I take nothing too literelly.

To me the forbidden tree of life is our DNA you speak of. It was forbidden to know who and what we really are. We are spiritual beings, capable of telekinesis, psychic prophets, mediumship etc, all the things we are
FORBIDDEN TO BE due to fear of not knowing who or what we really are.

Catholic Religion for example pushes who and what we really are as far out of our reach as posssible blaming Satan. I am not a beliver in the idea we are born into sin and we have inherited sin. It isn't a sin to want to know the truth of who and what we are. We are naturally curious after all.

I am not perfect, I swear, I once stole a rubber, I can be negative about others. If I was born of this so called Originol sin it doesn't interest me one bit because to me God does not judge because true conditional love is not capable of judgement which is where to me the Catholic Church are way off the mark in their teachings of who God is.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vimes

That spook "John Lear" says on Art Bell, "After you die, don't go into the light, it's a trick"

Freaked out Art Bell for some time after.
Says we are containers, aka X-files theme of our soul seen via alien resource...referred to as THE MERCHANDISE !

Isn't "The Merchandise" what God and Lucifer are fighting for ? Is your soul being played like cards in a game ? Is free will influenced by outside spirit world ?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I have listed a couple of websites for references. I must say I do not agree 100% with either, but, find they have some valuable info.

NOAH'S ARK – Verification of Alien Contact

www.barry.warmkessel.com...

Index - The Table of Nations
by Bill Cooper

www.biblebelievers.org.au...-%20The%20Table%20of%20Nations

PART THREE: THE LINEAGE OF SHEM

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

In my opinion, it will all point back to "self". As a Christian, I wanted to know the truth and searched out some info that I found disturbing, until, the Revelation. Somethings are simply said, as: "loving your neighbor as yourself", however, it is the doing that presents one with difficulties. If this obstacle is overcome one does not have to concern oneself with light or darkness.

It may be that 99.9% of the people are worshipping the wrong "thing", some by choice others by circumstance and lack of knowledge. It is either love or it is not.

Peace does not need a master, but, evil will always want to rule.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Siren]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
In here I just see a bunch of fish in a fish bowl standing around argueing about how life works outside of the fish bowl based on their own perception and understanding from within the fish bowl. And they think they have it down and just argue and argue when in fact non of them have a clue what they are talking about.

with love,
Stephen

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I quote Stephen Crane:

A man said to the universe:
"Sir I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

I must say, people who get angry over "the suffering in the world," and wish to attribute it to God, let me ask you this: who are you to expect anything from God? I mean, honestly, people who still cry about life not being fair really need to grow up, and accept that it's not, never has been, nor ever will be fair. If I've learned anything, it's that those people who are truly inspiring, are those who do not selfishly ask "what can this person (or this world, deity, group, etc) do for me," but rather those who genuinely try to set a good example, and try to make a positive impact on those around them.

And as for the suffering in the world, who propagates it? Is it God, or is it men? Ask yourself this: "How could a just, loving God, allow suffering to propagate amongst a people He claims to love?" I mean, if God is all-powerful, then he could put an end to all suffering, and if he's all loving, then it would be his desire to end all suffering, but suffering exists. People use this to either nullify God, or claim that He's a deceiving, cruel, unfair deity.

Ah, but what if God's highest priority is for us to not only have free-will, but to be entirely free to exercise it? How could God end all suffering without completely destroying free will? If he were to intervene and miraculously end all suffering in the blink of an eye, making everyone living currently abundantly happy, would it last? Would a utopian society emerge, or would ambitious, power hungry people rise up to take advantage of so many who now live in (temporary) prosperity?

Oh but the people who suffer right now are innocent!

True. But so what? I don't mean to sound callous or unforgiving, but free will works in both directions. Those in power are free to exploit the masses, and they certainly do. But time and time again, throughout history, the masses have sickened of their leaders and overthrown them.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash athiests or anything here. The fundies drive me crazy too, trying to blame every evil in this world on "spirits and demons." I don't care what deity you believe in, or if you believe that all religion is a tool to undermine free thought; but please, don't blame the state of the world on anyone but who's to blame: human beings.

The flip side of this is that all the good things that are to be witnessed (aside from natural wonders) are the result of the efforts of those self-same human beings.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The idea that the ultimate divine being, creator of all things, is bound within the human moral codes of good and evil always makes me laugh a little bit.

People please try and reach beyond the crass teaching of manipulative control religions and come to your own understanding of the world and the various planes which interact with it, doing so is our best hope of being able to move the world along in a positive way.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by vanosman
reply to post by Vimes

That spook "John Lear" says on Art Bell, "After you die, don't go into the light, it's a trick"

Freaked out Art Bell for some time after.
Says we are containers, aka X-files theme of our soul seen via alien resource...referred to as THE MERCHANDISE !

Isn't "The Merchandise" what God and Lucifer are fighting for ? Is your soul being played like cards in a game ? Is free will influenced by outside spirit world ?

The Gnostics certainly suspected this, even if they had some peculiar ideas of how to get out of it...

First Apocalypse of James
When you are seized, and you undergo these sufferings, a multitude will arm themselves against you that may seize you. And in particular three of them will seize you - they who sit there as toll collectors. Not only do they demand toll, but they also take away souls by theft. When you come into their power, one of them who is their guard will say to you, 'Who are you and where are you from?' You are to say to him, 'I am a son, and I am from the Father.' He will say to you, 'What sort of son are you, and to what father do you belong?' You are to say to him, 'I am from the Pre-existent Father, and a son in the Pre-existent One.' When he says to you, ['With what mandate have you come?'] You are to say to him, '[I have come] at the behest of the [Pre-existent One], that I might [behold those who are ours, and those] who [are alien].'

Against Heresies
Others still there are who continue to redeem persons even up to the moment of death, by placing on their heads oil and water, or the pre-mentioned ointment with water, using at the same time the above-named invocations, that the persons referred to may become incapable of being seized or seen by the principalities and powers, and that their inner man may ascend on high in an invisible manner.... And they instruct them, on their reaching the principalities and powers, to make use of these words.... 'I derive being from Him who is pre-existent, and I come again to my own place whence I went forth.... I am a vessel more precious than the female who formed you. If your mother is ignorant of her own descent, I know myself, and am aware whence I am....'

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Eleleth]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by vanosman

Is free will influenced by outside spirit world ?

I say yes. The spirit world is the underworld, but, everyone is not aware of it. The kingdom of God was stolen from those who were entitled to it. In order for the wicked ones to maintain rule they prevent those trying to attain knowledge from doing so. If the kingdom was ruled righteously, things would be different and each man would bare his own burden. However, the wicked do not want to bare the fruits of their evil deeds so they transfer it to those who are trying to enter in.

Hab. 1:2 to 1:17

Thank God, the battle is not to the strong. It is the weak things that will confound those who exercise power wickedly.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
In here I just see a bunch of fish in a fish bowl standing around argueing about how life works outside of the fish bowl based on their own perception and understanding from within the fish bowl. And they think they have it down and just argue and argue when in fact non of them have a clue what they are talking about.

with love,
Stephen

very true. I would draw up the analogy that it is like someone who has never been to china trying to explain their way of life and culture simply based on books they have read, but without having been there to experience china and its culture all you are doing is giving out your interpretation which is a guess at best based on someone else's interpretation.....

However, that might not even be a good analogy because we can't even be SURE that we have any books that were given by someone outside that 'fishbowl.'

Anyone who says they "KNOW" doesn't actually "KNOW" much of anything except their weak interpretation that keeps them a slave in their pathetic mind.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well, given that no one knows the true nature of god, I'd say any discussion is moot. I can tell you what I know about God and it doesn't necessarily correlate with what the Abrahamic religions say.

However, when you bring Satan into the topic and try to make him out to be a "good guy," I think you're going down a slippery slope. Now, I am not saying that Satan oes not serve a purpose. He does. However, I wouldn't label him "good."

From my own understanding, Satan is basically a tester and a testifier. He will, when "judgment" occurs, testify to the deeds and thoughts of humanity. In this regard, Satan and God are cohorts, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he has fallen away from the truth and the light.

Among those books of the Hebrew Scriptures written before 300 BCE, the term "satan" (root word "s'tn") appears often. The word is derived from the original Hebrew verb "satan" which means "to oppose." The Septuagint translation of the Hebrew Scriptures into Greek was widely used in the early Christian church. They translated "satan" as "diaboloc" from which we derive our English term "devil" and "diabolic."

The word is used to refer to:

Any person acting as an accuser or enemy. For example: 1 Samuel 29:4: The Philistines were distrustful of David, fearing that he would be a satan. (translated "adversary" or "someone who will turn against us").
2 Samuel 19:22: Shime-i apologizes to King David. The King rejects the apology, saying that they should not be a satan to each other (translated "adversary" or "opponent").
1 Kings 5:4: King Solomon is talking to Hiram, the King of Tyre. He says that now that there is neither satan nor bad luck to stop him, he can build the Temple. (translated as "adversary", "enemy", or "one who opposes").
1 Kings 11:14: God raised up Hadad the Edomite as a satan against Solomon. (translated as "adversary," or "opponent").

A divine messenger sent by God as an adversary: Numbers 22:22 & 32: God appears in a dream, telling Balaam to go with the princes of Moab to meet Balak. But when Balaam sets out the next morning on his donkey, God is angry with him for some reason, and sent an angel/messenger to kill him. The donkey saw the angel and took evasive actions. The angel was invisible to Balaam, who beat the animal. The donkey asked Balaam why he had beat her three times. Balaam, who doesn't seem to realize that a talking donkey is an unusual occurrence, replies. The angel then appears and explains that he has come as a satan to kill him. (translated as "one who opposes, "withstand," "adversary")

a member of God's inner council; a type of chief prosecutor of Heaven: 1 Chronicles 21:1: Satan, "a supernatural evil emissary," acting on God's behalf, has influenced David to hold a census. The census is taken, and God is angry for an unknown reason. Perhaps God does not want humans to be aware of the strength of the army. God then offers David his choice of one of three punishments: a 3 year famine, 3 months of fleeing before his enemies' armies, or a plague throughout Israel. David selects the plague and God killed 70,000 men (and presumably a similar number of women and many tens of thousands of children). In 2 Samuel 24, the identical event is described. However, this time, the text states that God influenced David to hold the census. Even though God had incited David to enumerate the men of Israel and Judah, he was still angry that it was done and punished the Israelites with a plague. The writings in 2 Samuel are believed to be the original account; 1 Chronicles came later. It is believed that when Samuel was finally edited (circa 560 BCE), the editors thought that all supernatural actions (good and bad) came from God. When Chronicles was written over a century later, (circa 400 BCE) the author viewed God as operating indirectly through his helpers.
Job 1 and 2: Satan is described as one of the members of the court of heaven. God mentions that he is impressed at the behavior of Job, a blameless man who has lived an upright life. Satan attributes Job's commendable behavior to his good fortune and says that Job would soon curse God if he had a string of really bad luck. God decides to conduct an experiment with Job; he instructs Satan to destroy all that Job has: kill his animals, murder his employees, and murder his innocent children. But, even after these disasters, Job still does not curse God. So God instructs Satan to up the ante by returning to earth and destroying Job's health. Here, Satan is portrayed as a servant of God whose task it is to dutifully carry out evil deeds at God's instruction.
Zechariah 3:1-7: Satan is again portrayed as a member of God's council. Here he objects to the selection of Joshua as the high priest.

Conflicting messages

Now, obviously, judging by some of those scriptures, there are some conflicting messages about exactly who or what Satan is.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join