It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im voting for Mccain

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Is this anyone else out there who thinks he is the perfect person for this job?He does have the most experiance i believe out of the other two.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
No no no no no no no no.

McCain is the WORST candidate. He flip-flops on all the issues, he supports torture, he supports a perpetual war, and he has a 95% Bush voting consistency record.

He will continue the U.S.'s plunge into a 3rd world country.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I really have a lot of respect for McCain. The last time he ran there was no one else in the world I could think of that I'd rather have as president. This time however, I don't want to vote for him. Though I hate to say it, a lot of my decision does have to do with his age. If he croaks, I really don't want to end up with whatever republican puppet ends up being vice president. I don't think that any of the candidates have the experience that many believe to be necessary to take up the presidential post. Just the same, what has experience done for President Bush, it obviously didn't teach him much about economic, foreign, or domestic policy. In short, I don't want McCain to be the next president, but I do see him as an amazing individual, as well as a great American, and think he should continue to serve our country in the senate.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

i dont really like any of the choices but it seems that McCain will get my vote because he is pro-life , and that's important to me.

Obama is pro choice and has a track record of supporting late term abortions.

Hillary is pro choice also and has many skeletons.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Guess what, you don't have only 3 candidates to vote for, there are a lot more than that.

www.politics1.com...

[edit on 10-5-2008 by TheBandit795]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Guess what, you don't have only 3 candidates to vote for, there are a lot more than that.

www.politics1.com...

[edit on 10-5-2008 by TheBandit795]

yes that is true...but a vote for any of the other parties is a wasted vote imo.

you cant seriously think any of those others could actually win ?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Wouldn't a pro-life stance also involve reducing the number of civilian casualties that were killed unnecessarily in an invasion on false pretenses? This will continue the longer it is allowed, and McCain has no intention of leaving Iraq.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
If you want higher gas prices and the subsequent price increase in everything else then McCain's your man. Just another corporate whore.
and the Democrats aren't much better.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I don't care for any of the top 3 candidates.

I'm voting for Ron Paul even if I have to write his name in.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I voted for Ron Paul in the primaries....
but now in the ~BIG SHOW~ I am frightened to write his name in, for that is just one more vote the dems won't get and will end up putting McCain on the throne...............
I am not saying the dems are great or anything but they are WAY BETTER than the repubs IMO........Billary's lifelong habit of lying takes her out IMO, and it has to be Obama as the only possible choice...as the true BETTER choices have not really got a snowballs chance......

Beside Ron Paul the Libertarian's candidate is sounding really good to....as in WHAT he is saying not what people are saying about him....but that puts us in the same problem as voting for RP......just votes the dems WON'T be getting and hence handing our government to the repubs AGAIN.....and that just SUX!

This is such a clustermuck

NO WAY would I cast a vote for McCain.

It is IMPERATIVE we oust the republicans unless we are anxious to herald in WW3.....

A PRO LIFER will save MORE lives in voting to stop this heinous war than to stop grown woman from making her own choice. Lives of human being already trying to make a decent life for themselves on this planet.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Yeah but Obama wants to withdrawl soon as he can from Iraq.That place will be a genocide.Im sorry they ever invaded there again.We need a military presence there for whatever amount of time it takes in the future.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
...a vote for any of the other parties is a wasted vote imo.

you cant seriously think any of those others could actually win ?

A "protest vote" is a valuable tool, especially if you don't live in a swing State. For instance, California will go for Obama or Clinton, and Texas will go for McCain. So, voting for another candidate wont turn the election, but it can influence policy.

Remember Ross Perot's strong showing in 1992. Perot's impact directly inspired the Republican "Contract With America" that got them a majority in the House in 1994. Well, that and the debacle of "HillaryCare".

But, yeah, if live in a State like Florida or Missouri which can go either way depending on the strength of the actual candidates, you're probably better off sticking to the two major parties when casting your vote.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Mccain is the same as Bush, just what we need.
Nothing but a bunch LIER'S, this is the best the United States can find to be President.
People, it dosent matter who you vote for.
The Elections are rigged your votes do not count.
Who counts the votes is what counts.
I agree Ron Paul should be President he really wants to give America back to WE THE PEOPLE and make some wonderfull changes.
But it is NOT going to happened.
I have stop watching News on TV, sence I saw what the Media did to Ron Paul.
We need to WAKE UP PEOPLE! We are on the verg of loseing America, to a bunch of thieves, Liers, and War criminals.

To late now, the Criminals have taken over and THEY DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK! Nothing you can do about it anyway.
Voteing will not change a thing do you think that Bush work 8 years just to have someone come along and undo everything. I dont think so.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
McCain, definitely. There is the experience, the understanding of why we have to be in the middle east, and of course the MC Cain video on youtube.

But honestly, McCain gets my vote.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jon1117
McCain, definitely. There is the experience, the understanding of why we have to be in the middle east, and of course the MC Cain video on youtube.

But honestly, McCain gets my vote.

Ahhh, and another noob who hasn't done their research shows up here on ATS.

Do some homework.

MOD NOTE: No Name calling in the posts. Discuss the topic, not the person.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by TheBandit795]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
If we were voting on who to send to the gas chamber, sure, McCain gets my vote.

This guy is a liar. He's a liar who will do nothing more than serve as a puppet president, furthering the agenda of the current administration. No, no thanks.

Instead of telling us how hard your time in Viet Nam was John, why don't you tell us if you caught anything from the hookers the VC provided you with during your vacation there while 50+ thousand real Americans were dieing for another war started on false premises. If we wanted to stay in Iraq for another century, we'd allow Bush and Darth Cheney to remain in office. The only thing McCain's got going for him is the fact he might have a stroke before he's able to take office.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
A "protest vote" is a valuable tool, especially if you don't live in a swing State. For instance, California will go for Obama or Clinton, and Texas will go for McCain. So, voting for another candidate wont turn the election, but it can influence policy.

This was a great post. If the election in your state looks close, then yes, choose the "lesser of two evils" (whatever in your opinion on that is). If it doesn't look closely contested, it is a great opportunity to vote for a third party with whom you may agree.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

Ahhh, and another noob who hasn't done their research shows up here on ATS.

Do some homework.

WTH, you think, because I don't share your opinion, I'm wrong, you libs are such a joke!

MOD NOTE: No Name calling in the posts. Discuss the topic, not the person.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by TheBandit795]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Speaking of jokes, look at your signature. I'm not giving anything up, it seems like your trying to take it. (I'd like to see you try)

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

A wasted vote is voting for the lesser evil. Voting for who you really would support is not a wasted vote.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join