It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The closer I come the more depressed i get

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
In the subject of alien phenomena our governments and everything about life and the universe in general as i find myself comming closer and closer to the truth about it all i cant seem pull myself out of this spiralling hole of despair.

I feel although that i am quite young still but i have am overwhelmingly educated on the subject of truth and every answer man has ever asked himself upon the road of life i feel i can answer most of them with certainty.

The only problem is the closer i come to the truth the darker is seems and more out of my control it all is.

Perhaps this is fate?

Even though im on a search for truth and will never stop until i have all the answers it feels like the closer i get the more its killing me, because the worse it seems.

When you can see the future and you see the past what do you?
I feel lost.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It may help for you to take a look at this thread from a member that was feeling much like the feelings you are expressing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lots of good feedback there.

Sometimes if you get to thinking that way it wouldn't hurt to take a break and smell the flowers, feel the sunshine and when you are centered take a look at these things if you are still interested.

There are many subjects here that might not make you feel as mixed up and uncomfortable.

BTS is a good place for some lighthearted subjects, and some fun as well.

Good luck to you, friend.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
dam dude.. you gotta get some perspective on all this if your gonna carry on thinking about this stuff.
you have to realise that just because you read something you believe to be truthful doesn't mean you have uncovered a truth.
If your young then its hard not to worry about this stuff but as you get older it gets a lot easier to read between the lines and to be honest the statement 'the truth is out there' could the biggest missdirection of all

Here's some things to think about ;-

do you really think aliens who have technology so advanced they can cross the vast distances between the stars and then forget to build ships with some kind of anti-crash device? i mean even we have airbags !

Have you ever noticed how 90% of UFO sightings the craft is no more than 300 feet off the ground yet only 2 or 3 people see it? This would suggest that they probably came from the ground in the first place.. not space.

Ever notice how UFO documentaries have all this incriminating evidence for a NASA UFO cover up...which always has a segment 3/4 of the way through where they show anomalies to do with the moon landings. Its kinda clever if you think there's a cover-up you have to automatically accept the moon landings were real and forget that the whole thing was probably faked by Nazi war criminals so they could earn billions in contracts for BS moon equipment that didnt even have to work?

Do you really honestly think that if we had hold of aliens the first place we would take them is airbase in the middle of an ex-nuclear testing ground awash with deadly radiation (area 51).

I'm not saying there's no such things as aliens and saucers im almost all sightings are natural or man made.

So why would the government want to keep such amazing technology under wraps if we have it??
- well maybe the technology isn't all that great.. Ive seen many demonstrations of 0gravity Craft on a very small scale but they always say it would take massive amounts of energy to make them any bigger. How quiet do you think the government would want to be about owning experimental flying crafts powered with nuclear engines? Might explain all the sighting of them hovering over lakes and sucking up water. Or all the radiation burns on people who have got close to a saucer. Or why vegetation refuses to grow after a craft has landed.Or why the army quickly seals off an area and makes off with any so called 'visitation evidence' and even on rare occasions dig up and relay entrie sections of roads destroying any trace of the so called alien ship without any explanation.. get the picture

-considering the amount of BS about impending doom, disaster and terror our governments seem to be feeding us at the moment do you really think they would pass up the opportunity to impose martial law and a one world government due to the threat of alien invasion if they had even the slightest bit of credible evidence of the existence of alien life?

if your still confused about stuff after think about all that try watching documentaries that are against alien life/ufos etc. Someone who ONLY reads or watches the conspiracy stuff cant make an informed decision as they only have one side of the story.

...honestly, would you let Bob Lazar babysit your child....?
lolol

[edit on 9-5-2008 by VitalOverdose]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
the truth is always or perhaps mostly dark and the fact that people like you are aware of it and feeling so is the proof of the world is changing

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidKid

I feel lost.

What you have to do is focus on the right now, the present. You feel lost because your mind keeps dwelling on the past and possible future.

The mission for the truth/knowledge is a never ending journey, just like existence.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I've felt like you for months Paranoid! So don't feel alone. But belonging to ATS has really helped! It's helped because so many of us here are overwhelmed with all sorts of news, much of which is difficult to absorb, especially when it concerns our own government. Just remember, you chose to be born at this time in our evolution. You are meant to be here.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
depression is the release of pressure

think about what first contact would cause, talk about bursting the bubble

you can reason yourself to any conclusion, aliens or not.

but simplicity is congruent with the super-complex universe, how?

mythology is as old as we are are,

what is it to you?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidKid
In the subject of alien phenomena our governments and everything about life and the universe in general as i find myself comming closer and closer to the truth about it all i cant seem pull myself out of this spiralling hole of despair.

I feel although that i am quite young still but i have am overwhelmingly educated on the subject of truth and every answer man has ever asked himself upon the road of life i feel i can answer most of them with certainty.

The only problem is the closer i come to the truth the darker is seems and more out of my control it all is.

Perhaps this is fate?

Even though im on a search for truth and will never stop until i have all the answers it feels like the closer i get the more its killing me, because the worse it seems.

I feel lost.

Hey, I went through the same thing bro. I dunno if your on the right path to truth but I do know that it does blind and stun you for awhile.

You should definately change your perspectives, pm me.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
awww... i can relate to what you are saying and how you are feeling. i went through it (and still have momentary relapses, although few and farther btw). this too shall pass. when you get through this, you will come on the other side able to better digest the information and even better able to decipher btw what subject matters better deserve your free time. there really is freedom down the line should you stick to your search for truth despite the fear and anxiety that may arise. these are hurdles that everyone in times past, in the presence, and in times to come will have to face, and those who are strong and determined enough are the ones that will make their mark whether on the lives of a few or the lives of many. keep the faith...... especially during the times that it seems there is none to be found, keep it!!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This process is different for everyone. im sorry, yet excited that your experiencing it now. In the deep recesses of your mind you could be deleting and saving new information, discarding what the church as taught you, and excepting what the universe is teaching you. Consider your education starting over, have a fresh new mind. go out and have a beer with friends once in a while too. keep your spirits up, its your duty! you are now becoming a young adult, nothing will be handed to you like it was before, your truths, your emotions, your decisions, must be monitored by you the being. enjoy your journey, and be sure to take things day by day. this process makes you stronger, im sure anyone will attest to that.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Most of the theories about aliens are just that: theories. Very few people may actually have an idea of who or what is out there. Get more books on different perspectives (even a couple of skeptical books to give you their side). None of us know the real truth. I believe we have been visited, but I am still looking for all the answers. Some things really terrify me if they are true, but I do live day to day and enjoy other aspects of my life. Take a trip to the beach with your friends and have a cookout. You would be surprised at how well that helps!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
You are still young. As am I. We have much to learn still. You can't think that you know everything you are ever going to know at this point. That is the beauty of getting older...you learn more. I have often asked myself this question: If I were to die today, would I be satisfied in the knowledge that I currently have. To answer yes to that question seems like a good answer today. But a year down the road you will think, man...I'm glad I didn't die because then I wouldn't have learned all this new stuff that I know now!
It is just a symptom of being young my friend. Just remember...all things come to pass eventually.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
In my experience, beginning studies in the truth movement creates change. And I've seen it in others also.

There's a type of "grief process" that goes with this sort of thing.

Based on the Kübler-Ross model, the stages are

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

I used to deny, then I became really really angry, then mega depressed, and now I'm pretty much pragmatic about it all. The whole process took between 7-8 years. I cannot pinpoint the exact beginning and ending, but do recall all the stages I went through via hindsight.

I think it's a process of the "Death" of perception of reality.

Relax, let it happen and grow from your experiences.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Live in the now.

Simple as that really. You said yourself, you're young.
Many of us go through a melancholy stage...don't sweat it.
Concentrate on the things in life that you find enjoyable, and don't worry so much about saving humanity or waking up sheeple... Contribute your coins into the wishing well of culture, but don't sit at the edge all day....go enjoy living too!

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

Brings to mind a Robot Chicken sketch, where a giraffe gets stuck in quicksand...

new topics

top topics

join