It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Cooper a Mason?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I was listening to William Cooper's audio lecture entitled "Dawn of Man" and I noticed something strange. He claimed that he ( Cooper himself ) "was illumined, to a degree". Of course, any conspiracy researcher would know some about the supposed wisdom of the illuminati, but I was struck by the particular phrasing. Is he saying that he has attained a particular degree in Freemasonry, or another society or mystery school?

Normally something like this wouldn't stand out to me, but he spends the wohle rest of the lecture decoding and explaining the symbology of Kubrick's 2001. In a lecture where you are explaining coded messages to the audience, an astute listener would be looking for any coded messages the lecturer might be communicating.

BTW, the lectures are available here:
oneheartbooks.com...
The quote is in one of the first two lectures.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The exact quote is, "And yes, I have become, to a degree, illumined... illuminated."

You can find it at 23:00 in this file:
oneheartbooks.com...

So he has become "Illuminated" "to a degree"...?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
He was not a Free Mason. He preached against Free Masons.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Bill Cooper hated freemasons, possibly more than any other person.

He despised us, and all societies that weren't completely transparent to him.

He holed himself up with lots of guns and ammunition and died in a shootout with Sheriff's Deputies.

I will post a link in a minute.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

The circumstances surrounding Cooper's death are controversial. On September 16, 2001, officers of the Apache County Sheriff's Office decided to serve Cooper a warrant based on the above-mentioned charges.

For reasons not explained, the Sheriff's Office sent deputies to Cooper's home at approximately 11:00PM, and instead of knocking on his door and announcing themselves, the deputies attempted to lure Cooper from his house by posing as citizens playing loud music on or near his property. Cooper, who was an above the knee amputee, went down to investigate the scene in his truck.

It is disputed whether the deputies identified themselves or tried to serve an arrest warrant at that time. Nevertheless, Cooper announced he was returning to his house to contact the Eager Police Department, either to verify the warrant or to contact the local authorities in order to report what he may have still believed was a real disturbance.

Before he could do so however, the sheriff's deputies tried to apprehend him, at which point shooting began. Although it is unclear who began firing, there are some who question the uncertain circumstances, and who was responsible for first shots fired. Cooper was armed and one deputy was wounded. Another deputy returned fire, killing Cooper.

Milton William Cooper was 58 years old.

Wikipedia

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by amaxa

Cooper was a member of DeMolay International, a masonic fraternity for youth.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

That's interesting. I never knew that.

I wonder why he hated masonry so much?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

That's interesting. I never knew that.

I wonder why he hated masonry so much?

Probably because he was off his rocker and so deluded and paranoid he thought everyone was after him...just a guess...

top topics

join