It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler Debate

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

The man was blessed (?) with far too much charisma for his own good, but he was also a dedicated coward.

I doubt that.

I am no hitler fan but he was a decorated soldier and that pretty much rules out coward

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Such a complicated man I guess no one will really understand him completely.

Most Psychos are.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
HE killed his new wife Eva after like a few hours of being marryed and he killed him self and his dog

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedilotis
and his dog

We talk about that dog a lot, anyone know his name, at least we can give him enough respect to call him by his name

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hilter got the Iron Cross in ww1 for running orders and memos down the lines of trenches and he got it after he went off on his commanding officer. Also his father beat the crap outta him but his mother loved him and was behind him. She died soon after his father and he lived with his hald sister which was the mohter of his niece which soon commited suicide. Also he made Eva dye her hair blonde like his nieces. he was dillusioned that eva was like his niece.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hitler acutually had a lot of dogs and was an animal lover. There was even a law in nazi Germany agaisnt animal cruelty.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Does it really matter whether he killed someone first-hand?

As far as I care, he is the cause of more than 60 million deaths in Europe, and the complete destruction of a dozen coutries.

I do sometimes wonder how the world will be different if he gained admission into the art school. Britain would probably be the first superpower, with America as second and Russia as third and Europe playing a major role in world affairs and all of Britain's colonies still in Britian's hands.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
it does kinda matter if he killed someone first hand when in power because that is the topic of my debate with my friends here at school.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
And it does matter what his dog was named.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
As for the dog, it concerns an incident happened in Hitler's bunker at the end of the war. I saw an interview with some of his surviving staff members who were with him in the bunker and they explained that Hitler planned to use poison and shoot himself. Eva Braun was going to take just poison. They wanted to make sure the poison was effective, so Hitler made them to give it to his favorite dog to test it out. it was a German Shephard. The poison worked.

As for the Death Camps, I don't know if he ever went to any of them. I would doubt it though.

As for killing people. I do not know of anyone he killed himself and I highly doubt he did. Using his charisma to get others to do the work was his preferred weapon. When he first came to power in the 30's, he had his own political party purged of anyone he thought would oppose him or threaten him. Quite a few people were executed in one night. Some if them had been with him since the beginning, but he did not trust them.

He also had many of his political opponents killed or jailed. People seem to forget that Hitler siezed power, he was not voted in all the way.

He did fight in WWI. Most of his unit was killed and he survived. This was the seed of his idea that he had a destiny or a greater purpose.

On a side note, he was a health fanatic. Vegetarian and extremely strict about staying clean. Can you say OCD? I could not see him getting blood on his hands.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Didn't Hitler shoot someone when he stormed into a place where SA members were staying after he had heard that Rome was plotting againts him? It wouldn't have been Rome that he shot because he was given the choice of killing himself or being killed, he chose the latter. I am almost sure he had a pistol and stormed into some rooms. I just can't remember if he shot a person on his own or not.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriskaos
Also in Mein Kamp he says he loved his father and mother when really he dreaded his father.

He says in Mein Kampf, that he loved his father, but also that they fought constantly. Did he also say that he dreaded his father?

I wonder how the world would have turned out, if Hitler's father had supported his dreams of being a painter. If he had helped him achieve that dream, would Hitler still have sought to bring about the "needed"(in his mind) changes in the world like he did? Or would he have used art as a means of expression and influence instead? It definitely speaks to the importance of parents in supporting the dreams of their children.

I would recommend reading Mein Kampf, because it sheds some light on the mental processes of Hitler. It was written nearly 10 years before he came to power in 1933. The history of his thoughts and experiences growing up, are helpful when trying to understand what would cause someone, with his intelligence and power of persuasion, to become such a monster. Most people write him off as being a psychopath, and forget that, at one time, he was a regular boy with dreams of being a painter. I know we're not supposed to feel pity for someone who had none for others, but I can't help feeling a kind of sadness for the boy he was, even if the man he became was a devil.
www.magister.msk.ru...
As for his dog, it's name was Blondi. It's said, he gave a cyanide capsule to the dog to test it's potency. When it worked, he took some to kill himself.

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by jezebel]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I recently saw witha few frioends the Moive Hitler rise of evil. And we are havin a debate weather hitler ever went to auswitz or if he ever personally killed somebodey with his own hands or gun anyone have any infor beacause we are having soem trouble here.

Was he not a decorated war hero? I'm assuming he had killed people.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

I recently saw witha few frioends the Moive Hitler rise of evil. And we are havin a debate weather hitler ever went to auswitz or if he ever personally killed somebodey with his own hands or gun anyone have any infor beacause we are having soem trouble here.

Was he not a decorated war hero? I'm assuming he had killed people.

He did fight in world war I and was supposedly decorated. He knew war and death and by no means was hitler a psyco that wanted deathly deeds done out of his presence because he couldn't take it.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by REASON
by no means was hitler a psyco that wanted deathly deeds done out of his presence because he couldn't take it.

That doesnt rule out the signs he was mentally ill.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
What is the point of this thread anyways?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Well NEO, its this.

Why the hell did Hitler have to shoot the dog, who the hell did he hurt? I mean just cause you cant draw trees doesnt mean you can just haul off and shoot a dog and the poison some more.

That is the real reason for this thread.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
hitler wanted to blame the Jews because he hated them. He looked back at history and strongly felt the jews were nothing but a problem to the world and they needed to be purged. He felt that we was the worlds "Superman" and he needed to follow through to make a greater germany and world in his mind.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I, too, have often wondered what would have happened if he had been accepted into art school, although I believe he would still have served in the German army in WWI.

As for his Word War I military service, he was a decorated soldier, blinded towards the end of the war by mustard gas. His hatred for the Jews began at around the same time, as mentioned in Mein Kampf, part of which he wrote while in prison for political crimes sometime after the war. He used a copy of the Protocols of Zion as his excuse for the final solution, stating that the Jewish bankers were draining Germany of its wealth and planned to take over the world.

A few years ago, I was shown a painting and asked to guess who had painted it. It was quite good and I was quite shocked to discover it was one of Hitlers.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Well NEO, its this.

Why the hell did Hitler have to shoot the dog, who the hell did he hurt? I mean just cause you cant draw trees doesnt mean you can just haul off and shoot a dog and the poison some more.

That is the real reason for this thread.

Uh who is the dog in this case?

Tell me this friend, who is really the boss, the human or the dog? Most people work to feed the dog and not the other way around.

<< 1    3 >>

join