It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA about to announce something Big?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
Naturally, most people on this site are going to guess that it's something to do with Planet X. lol

Sad, but true ....

On the basis it's within this galaxy and was found using the Chandra x-ray observatory, my guess is it's something to do with black holes. Can't think what though.

However, if it's Sitchin's Nibiru then I promise to sell every possession I have and donate all the money raised to the Burma Cyclone relief fund

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by Impreza
Naturally, most people on this site are going to guess that it's something to do with Planet X. lol

Sad, but true ....

On the basis it's within this galaxy and was found using the Chandra x-ray observatory, my guess is it's something to do with black holes. Can't think what though.

However, if it's Sitchin's Nibiru then I promise to sell every possession I have and donate all the money raised to the Burma Cyclone relief fund

quoted just incase it comes true

this are not a 1 line post

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimbowsk

To make sure everybody is watching when they pronounce the news!

[edit on 8-5-2008 by johndoeknows]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Well it must have something to do with objects that emit a lot of xrays, either pulsars, blackholes, center of galaxies or supernovas ect.

Chandra is designed to observe X-rays from high-energy regions of the universe, such as the remnants of exploded stars. The two images of the Crab Nebula supernova remnant and its pulsar shown below illustrate how higher resolution can reveal important new features.

chandra.harvard.edu...

Perhaps it is confirmation of how cosmic rays form. www.sciencedaily.com....

Either way it a discovery about something that releases a fair amount of energy given that Chandra was one of the main data collection points.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimbowsk

As far as why they did not announce it right away, I would imagine that they have planned an event to coincide with the announcement. Probably invite some bigwigs amd press and make a big fanfare about whatever it is they have to say...

Just my hunch.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I do however,find it slightly amusing,that they've made an announcement that they're going to make an announcement.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'm not going to get excited by this one I'm afraid. Won't be a wormhole, won't be life, won't be a planet because that's nothing new - they are discovering extra-solar planets at quite a frightining rate these days!!

If I'm mistaken however - the drinks are on me

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I think its a part of what ESA has descoverd and that nasa has made a new discovery becouse of this.

link

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I'm willing to bet 500 ats points that its about the center of our galaxy....

they found a black hole in the center of our galaxy, and its not a normal black hole.... maybe a dough nut hole.

honestly, who knows what they already know an have in a calendar to expose as late breaking finds on certain dates....

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

So instead of being smug, explain to them why it wont get released earlier.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Might be a photo of a planet outside the solar system? havent we detected them through their orbits etc but not actually photographed them before

It will be very mundane whatever it is

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Trance Optic

Yeah I remember reading about that and how it's been sleeping for awhile or something. I found that article.

"We have wondered why the Milky Way's black hole appears to be a slumbering giant," says team leader Tatsuya Inui of Kyoto University in Japan. "But now we realize that the black hole was far more active in the past. Perhaps it's just resting after a major outburst."

Source

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Your post makes almost no sense at all, are you afraid they may announce something you have debunked on here? COMMON SENSE wold be to wait for the announcement before having one more dig at the UFO community.

The wording of the announcement they made is interesting, they say in our Galaxy, not solar system, or Universe, and my guess would be something discussed many many times on ATS, your always seeming to have a dig at someone else's views, and i am being blunt, hows about we just wait and see then you can have a dig of the factual kind.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

By ignore the facts.

It will take YEARS for those of us with common sense, reason and logic to wash the stigma of idiocy off of Ufology....if you don't agree then guess what...your one of the idiots.

I look in total disbelieve at your arrogance, how do you come to your conclusions? it is quite obviously not by using any of the things you quoted in the above, why cant you allow others to have their own opinions like they allow you to have yours? calling other ATS members idiots for not following your way of thinking is to be honest without the common sense, reason and logic you are preaching, why don't you tell us what your opinions are ? really? without the banter and bad manners you bestow on us? i would like to hear your opinion on the subject you say we make laughable without having to use other peoples views, lets here yours.

Perhaps you and i could have a debate on the matter?

[edit on 8/5/2008 by azzllin]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin

I look in total disbelieve at your arrogance, how do you come to your conclusions? it is quite obviously not by using any of the things you quoted in the above, why cant you allow others to have their own opinions like they allow you to have yours? calling other ATS members idiots for not following your way of thinking is to be honest without the common sense, reason and logic you are preaching, why don't you tell us what your opinions are ? really? without the banter and bad manners you bestow on us? i would like to hear your opinion on the subject you say we make laughable without having to use other peoples views, lets here yours.

Perhaps you and i could have a debate on the matter?

[edit on 8/5/2008 by azzllin]

I'm glad it's not just me that was offended by that post, I wasn't sure if I was taking it too personally or not! Maybe NASA have found his manners after 50 years of looking for them

To keep in context though I am starting to think this won't be anything major and it is perhaps getting played up a bit too much, although I have no doubts that it will be interesting and hopefully beneficial to people.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Hmmm, this is a good mystery. What has NASA been looking for, for the last 50 years?

I doubt it has anything to do with UFO's, ET's, worm holes etc.....nothing that life as we know it changing kind of stuff.

My guess, something either to do with "missing matter of the universe" missingmatter

or possibly another planet (NOT planet X) in our solar system beyond the kuiper belt maybe? who knows, but most likely its going to be something very mundane that the majority of the community here won't really find that interesting or surprising.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

Well NASA has been looking for life in our galaxy, so maybe, just maybe it's life of some kind. It doesn't necessarily have to be intelligent life.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

True but if they were using the Chandra X-ray Observatory with ground-based observations would that be able to detect life? I don't know much about that telescope admittedly.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The release of news at this rate is normal, so there is no rush or delay. It will NOT be any thing about Nibiru because the article says NASA has been looking for it. It also will not be any thing related to our solar system because it states it is a galaxy hunt. It also mentions Chandra.

Since we have been hunting it for 50 years, that leaves a few things. Black holes, neutron stars, pulsars, magnetars, and star "missing link" would be the top items.

It won't be anything exciting for 99% of the population.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It would have to be something more significant than another piece of rock floating around out there. I'm thinking something like positive evidence of a large black hole on our doorstep (from a cosmological perspective) because they're not speaking in solar system terms, sounds more on a galactic scale.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join