It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA about to announce something Big?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
At this point, NASA is going to try and make ANYTHING they are doing or discovering, look wonderful.

They have been found covering up facts, hiding truths, and are now commonly known as a sham to anybody that can read or watch tv.

They will now do anything to try and seem as if they are actually "effective".

Garbage Agency.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hmmm maybe they have discovered what the universe is ie is it round, a donoughnut shape or flat going on endless and endless. Maybe they have discovered confirmation of quantum theory.

Maybe they discovered warp drive !!!!
"Warp factor 1 Mr Sulu" or maybe they discovered a planet which has dilithium crystals just waiting to be mined !!!

Whatever the announcement i hope it is worth all the hype !

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
NASA to Announce Success of Long Galactic Hunt - What could it be?

An object astronomers have been hunting for more than 50 years
- A girlfriend?

A solid gold asteroid, that will take care of America's deficit!

Knowing NASA, I very much doubt it's anything Earth shattering or exciting. It's probably something to do with missing matter.

www.canada.com...

[edit on 8-5-2008 by kindred]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The most serious issue for a hunt spanning 50 years HAS to be about the milky way galaxy core region.

Or they maybe found evidence for the existence of a link of permanent wormholes in the Sirius cluster.
(joking)

[edit on 8-5-2008 by spacebot]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Maybe they found an earthlike planet in our galaxy?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well now I'm anxious. Is it proof of Higgs particles? I'm not sure what the Chandra X-ray observatory is capable of so I'll refrain from more guesses, thanks for the heads up!

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
If its a press release - well its not in the underground yet... So, it must be Press Release BS to keep you snowed..

We know whats out there... weve been there...
now if this was a NASA release saying it is tearing down the wall between the Space Program and the Secret Space program then... I would say someone went Postal at NASA and did in all the Nazi... but I await another NASA milestone release with rest of the world...
we should start seeing the Aurora Program come to light in a year or two. the space shuttle is getting too expensive, maintaining two space agencies instead of the one we know about.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
That the moon is in fact made of swiss cheese......That or they have a new "fancy' 9,000,000,000 dollar hammer.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The 50 year thing most likely relates to Einstein, his cosmological constant, and evidence related to dark energy.

Stay tuned.

Do I win a door prize if I'm right?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Just a thought, the LHC at C.E.R.N. is scheduled to go online this month. Could this be or have they already started testing and found something? I mean this is suppose to be something big.....just a thought

-Kdial1

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Dark matter, dark energy, black holes, wormholes, the Big Bang and all the other myths of the mainstream Church of Cosmology do not exist.

Of all the places on the Internet, you would think the people of ATS would understand this. But apparently not, because most of you don't bother to study and research materials beyond simple UFO pictures and videos.

Much of the scientific establishment of today is a complete disaster. Why some of you will refuse to accept a lot of what NASA tells you, while simultaneously swallowing all of their nonsense about black holes, dark matter, and other things that have NEVER been proven to exist, is beyond me.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
what nasa will announce, apparently, can be found in this link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Like they'll have a different opinion of people like you, oh dear, someone get the cool compress quick.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Black holes and dark matter don't exist. This is all bunk to make their math equations work, since they don't want you to know that the universe is electric - IE Gravity must explain everything, so we now have to talk about infinate gravity due to infinate mass in one spot... and now invisible matter throughout

sheesh

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
However rude you may find IgnoreTheFacts, he's actually quite right.

This discovery is only going to be interesting to people who follow astrophysics very closely. It's not going to have anything to do with Planet X or the discovery of life outside of Earth.

If you're interested in such a discovery you'd probably want to wait until after June is over, seeing as how the Phoenix lander will be touching down on Mars later this month. One of it's goals is the attempt to detect primitive life. Maybe it'll find something, who knows? Probably not.

Anyways, common sense dictates you'd want to set a date for announcement to allow the media to prepare for it.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Hmmm maybe they have discovered what the universe is ie is it round, a donoughnut shape or flat going on endless and endless. Maybe they have discovered confirmation of quantum theory.

Maybe they discovered warp drive !!!!
"Warp factor 1 Mr Sulu" or maybe they discovered a planet which has dilithium crystals just waiting to be mined !!!

Whatever the announcement i hope it is worth all the hype !

The universe is a fractal in a black hole according to Nassim Haremein

quantum theory is wrong, uses bad math. everything is gravity and electromagnetism.

Warp drive ship has been in the works for several years at least. military funded. The science is based on a german physicists work from the 1950's

dilithium crystals, humbug

no time to cite sources because I have to go to work but the info is out there.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
NASA have never told the truth so whatever they say I recommend we take it with a pinch of salt.

I also think they collaborate with ATS owners and some mods too, and I know i,m not alone in thinking this.

time for the truth to come out about NASA and the link with ATS!

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think it has to be about supermassive blackholes in the centre of the universe.

unfortunatly,it won't be anything cool.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Whatever it is...........just found this on the news:

www.foxnews.com...

TEarth may once have had more than one moon, most probably two more, NASA scientists think.

....though I doubt this was the big announcement, perhaps they have a few things to say - a little at a time.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Common sense, reason and logic tells you that this information they are going to release is important to only a very small, minor segment of the population (scientist, astronomers, nerds) and concerns something that is not very important. So any speculation concerning this release being something huge is born from ignorance of how things work and the inability to use common sense.

As far as the guy who said something to the effect of "why wait, can't they release it now if its so important?" That statment is too born of ignorance concerning the scientific and media community, and if you settle down, think for a moment, it will be clear to you why they do it in this manner.

If I need to explain further, plain and simple, your a reason the UFO community is looked upon as outcast weirdos who will believe anything and see a conspiracy in everything. You guys propagate this stereotype with reckless abandon, and ruin the only hope of actually finding out more because you play into the hand that feeds so to speak.

Sorry to be so blunt, but its reality. Continue to scream about things of which you have no clue, while making reckless guesses based on your ignorance, and the only thing you do is help to ensure that this subject remains fodder for casual humor.

This wasn't needed.

This is why I ignored this guy a long time ago. 95% of what he posts on here is attacks towards others. He just posts them in a way that they don't break the T&C. They're still obvious attacks towards others on here who don't agree with anything he says. The only reason I saw that post is because it was quoted in another post.

He posted enough insults on people in this thread alone to earn anyone else a couple warns or even a ban. His ID alone tells you about how he is IgnoreTheFacts. He doesn't care for anyone else's opinions because in his mind, he's always right and the rest of us are ignorant morons .

[edit on 8-5-2008 by nightmare_david]

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join