It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atomic Tragedy {WARNING: Graphic Photos}

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
A fair deal!? You think killing hundreds of thousands of people is a 'fair deal' because of the selfishness of the government pursuing there own agenda? That's like me dropping a Nuke on YOU because I don't like your neighbor...

some fires start and exposed persons find their skin melting off at 12:00:00.7, these people ignite at 12:00:01.2, and all exposed combustibles are burning by 12:00:01.7.

www.johnstonsarchive.net...

Anyone who supports Nuclear bombs today, in this day and age, is what I call a chickenhawk, & is someone who REALLY get rid of there distorted perspective of the world we live in.

[edit on 8/5/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Am I missing something here?

I can't see anything that has not been seen a thousand times before.

Horrific yes... New... No.

Edit: added some pictures...

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Now_Then]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

What you dont appreciate, is that there is VERY little photographic evidence from THAT day, I believe only a handful of pictures exist.

There's plenty weeks AFTERWARDS when the Americans went in yes, but by then all the bodies had been taken away,and all the really bad stuff gone.

These photos are not like ' the others ' because there's still plenty of charred, melted remains floating in the waterways..

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The first bomb was only about 50-100m off target I believe?

They had the BEST bomb target man in the army traing for WEEKS with a bomb the same weight and specs as the real.

He came within 100M of his target, and for such a bloody big, heavy device from so high up, thats pretty f'n good.

They didnt miss in Nagasaki, they got EXACTLY what they wanted.

hiroshima showed the effects on a civilian area, shops, houses etc etc
Nagasaki showed the effects on an industrial level, factories, munitions plants etc etc

Hiroshima was definaetly an experiment, but nagasaki was an experiement with altered variables.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
I think I remember seeing a TV special about these bombings. The Nagasaki bomb was sheilded by the rolling hills because the bomb missed it's target, therefore the death toll was nowhere near as high as expected even though it was more powerful than the Hiroshima bomb. The Nagasaki bomb, called "Fat Man", actually landed in an industrial area of the city which was not as populated as the intended target area.

The images are shocking. People's shadow's are burnt into concrete due to the extreme thermal energy shortly before they were literally incinerated where they stood.

Some of the stories from the survivors are even more shocking. Initially, the blast wave forces energy and heat outward from ground-zero. Shortly after the initial blast wave, the plume of superheated material sucks in all the surrounding dust and dirt kicked up by the blast wave. What results is all of this material being sucked into the radioactive plume as the superheated gases rise into the atmosphere. Fallout is what results.

The heaviest fallout particles fall directly beneath the superheated plume, but lighter particles can travel for thousands of miles due to high winds in the upper atmosphere. One of the survivors was a lady which was on a TV program about the Hiroshima explosion. She described the fallout falling as black rain. She described how some people, who thought it was safe to go out right after the blast, actually had their faces and skin melted off by the intense radioactive fallout. Shocking.

-ChriS

I've been trying to remember the name of this show I watched. It was a special on PBS that aired I think on the 60th anniversary of Hiroshima. I sent an email to PBS asking them to find the name of the program. It was insane!

I knew one of the bombs was off-target, but I just figured it was the Nagasaki bomb because I though that was the that inadvertantly landed in what was largely an industrial part of the city. The death tolls from both bombs was sickeningly huge though. The most shocking thing to me is the shadows burnt into walls and concrete. You can see in some footage people's footprints on concrete and suddenly they stop (since they were incinerated and "flew apart like leaves" like they say in T2).

-ChriS

[edit on 9-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I don't know if it was mentioned before, but in the Newspaper (Le Monde), they say that 4 of the 10 photos are not from Hiroshima at all (previous earthquake in Japan in 1923).

Was that covered (the fake photos) in US Media?

www.lemonde.fr...=1043027

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I don't think the US carried out their attack on Japan the way they should have. The areas that were bombed didn't have any high ranking government officials. The only thing the bombings did was destroy 2 cities and kill thousands of innocent civilians.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
If it ends a war and keeps the United States and her people safe(r), which includes my family and myself, then yeah, it's worth it.

Absolutely.

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Maybe we should drop some flyer's with your pictures on IRAN, North Korea and anywhere else they thinking about using them.

Actually, that's what we did in Japan. We dropped leaflets and informed the people ahead of time of what we would do if they didn't surrender. I saw the leaflets in the museum in Hiroshima when I visited.

Originally posted by mr-lizard
If the USA got nuked, then it would be a fair deal i say...

Vile ignorance. And it got starred.

The world would be a slightly more peaceful place,

Buddy .. the ONLY thing holding back the Chinese from advancing and the Radical Islamic Terrorists from blowing you to hell are US. If we were gone or if we had a major nuclear terrorist hit on our soil - not only would the world economic system completely crash but all hell would break loose.

:shk:

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I have ZERO respect for ANY goverment who uses nuclear weapons on civillians, NO MATTER what the situation.

There were very few real civilians in Japan during WWII. Even 6 year old kids were working in the bullet factories. The entire population was one big war machine. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were completely justified and were definately military targets.

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Im certain the Japanese would of looked at the devestated island, and understood this weapon was far bigger than anything in existance, and could never be matched.

I completely disagree. The leadership and their 'god' (the Emperor) never would have allowed the information to get to the people. And even those who did see it would never have stopped.

Its 91 days until Im back in Hiroshima, standing on the T bridge staring at the A-Dome...

I lived in Japan for 3 years and stayed in Hiroshima for a while. It's a beautiful city now. The museum is amazing. Enjoy your visit. (I remember standing on the T bridge ... and I have a strange hobby of collecting dirt from places and so I got a package of dirt from the bushes surrounding the blown out library A-Dome)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
[I knew one of the bombs was off-target,

The Hiroshima bomb was. It was supposed to detonate over the bridge but instead it detonated over a library a few hundred yards away. The bridge stood through the blast. Shadows imprinted on the bridge from the rails and from people that were vaporized.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Those photos are not from Hiroshima. They are from after an earthquake. Check out the updated link.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
the pics are NOT readily available.. or they've removed them .. can you please post a DIRECT LINK

Thanks

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think the use of any nuke should and only be used as a last resort I'm speaking to defensive purpose only not in attack nor against civilian populations.

Having said that I know that in WWII we were already destroying a city a day.

If you think the video is bad one should remember Dresden, That gave them the idea of massive fire raids on Japan most of the homes were wood and paper.

Some raids
The US would drop incendiary bombs to ignite the city and drop time delayed bombs that would go off 1 hour later to maximize damage to the people who would try to fight the fires or evacuate

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join