It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid-Orion Alignment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Isn't it strange and very interesting that the Giza Pyramids in Egypt all align with the star Alnitak, the star Alnilam, and the star Mintaka, positioned in Orion nearby Rigel and Betelguese.

Here's the photograph comparison Osiris-Orion:

It would be nice of you to stay on topic.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by xnibirux

I'm not surprised. The Egyptians were VERY good at math and Orion is the most recognizable constellation in the sky. Why not build something to line up with the belt of Orion......masters of construction.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Yes, it is interesting how they managed to build those structures lining up as they do. I remember reading somewhere that the Nile river matched how the Milky Way lined up as well.

Ever read any Graham Hancock? Some of his books talk about the pyramids and precession.

Right now I am reading a book called, "Signs in the Sky," by Adrian Gilbert and one of the chapters is titled "The Orion Mystery".

You might find the book of interest.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It just goes to show that the mayans (galactic alignment) weren't the only ones highly skilled in astronomy

EDIT: Enthralled, thanks for the book info

[edit on 6-5-2008 by xnibirux]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
How do they explain away the fact that based on this image on their website, the Pyramid of Menkaure and the star Alnitak don't really line up as much as they say they do?

Wishful thinking?

EDIT: or maybe the star has moved since the pyramids have been built; hmmn, food for thought.

[edit on 5.6.08 by toreishi]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

or maybe the star has moved since the pyramids have been built; hmmn, food for thought.

I think you just hit the nail on the head. Lets not forget that the pyramids were built how many thousands of years ago? long enough for star patterns to change slightly I bet.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The solar system is not stationary. I suppose the belt of orion would not be either. Arent we moving though some part of the universe that we had moved though 65 million years ago around the time the dinosaurs died out. I remember reading that somewhere, Ill try to find the article.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Fibonacci11235

The earth rotates on an axle that also has a slight rotation itself, therefore the stars seem to shift through the ages.
Years ago I saw a documentary about two French(I think) archeologists that had some shocking views.
I recall that they said that the diagonal narrow tunnels, that originate from the tomb, stretching through the whole pyramid aimed at the sky, would line op with Orion's belt, if you would calculate the shift caused by the deviaton in Earth's rotation.

They calculated that it would've lined up some 10,500 years ago.

They also showed signs of water erosion on the Sphinx. The last time that there was a wet period that could've caused such erosion, was known to be also some 11,000 years ago.

There was a lot of interesting other stuff there, but back then I was just a kid, so I can't remember exactly, never heard about it again either

The Egyptologists, like Zahi Hawass, didn't accept this theory off
course, cause they still think the Pyramids were built a few 1000 years ago, with wooden rollers.

I hope you guys understand what I meant, it was kind of hard to explain because I saw it a long time ago and I'm not typing in my native language.

I'm trying to find this particular documentary.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

They don't line up in a straight line, they do however line up in the same way as Orion's belt.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
They don't.
Look at the apex of each pyramid and look at where the dots indicating each star's position are located.
Oh, why do I bother.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Are you talking about what the belt of Orion look like today? You have to remember the sky wasn't the same thousands of years ago.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Each star has it's own proper motion. One star's proper motion can be observed over decades is called Barnard's star.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ah, I see what you mean now, I think I did actually hear that before, well it's still pretty close.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This is very interesting!!!

'Oldest star chart' found
news.bbc.co.uk...

The oldest image of a star pattern, that of the famous constellation of Orion, has been recognised on an ivory tablet some 32,500 years old.

The stars were in slightly different positions 32,000 years ago because they are moving across the sky at different speeds and in different directions, a phenomenon called "proper motion".

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

There is a lot of interesting info on this, already here on ATS, in the Scott Creighton forum.
Also check out Robert Bauval's work.

Here's the link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It's because the pyramids are actually collecting energy from the stars.

Ask me more if you want.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Yes Indeed! As I believe in Metaphysics, I believe this to be crystal or cosmic energy

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I just had a look at the link you provided. I remember when "pyramid power" was all the rage. This reminded me of a neighbor who swore that keeping bananas or other fruit under a pyramid kept them fresh longer.

Not to get off topic here, but do you think the sarcophagus in the great pyramid was a place for people to spend time in to collect this power?

After reading some books, I don't think the pyramids were ever used as tombs.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

This will explain the energy involved with the sarcophagus at the Great Pyramid you speak of, the Great Pyramid Initiation

new topics

top topics

join