It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Chat? Yeah, So What. Where's ATS Messenger? What An Interesting Concept

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Okay I'm posting this here instead of sending it in as a "Complaint/Suggestion" to ATS Admin, because I have never gotten a response to any of the ideas or questions I've sent in, with the exception of one or two I believe and I've sent in at least fifteen. Wasn't it supposed to be you get a response within two days or something?

Pigdin Instant Messenger : ATS Messenger?

Wikipedia : Yahoo Messenger

Wikipedia : MSN Messenger

I'm only curious about this and I do not know if it's been talked about on here or not but I was sitting in ATS chat one day and was thinking about this. There are some people within ATS who just do not get along. Right-Wing, Left-Wing, Anarchist, Patriot, it doesn't matter, some people are less social or anti-social when mixed together. So, is it possible for ATS to get with Yahoo Messenger or MSN Messenger and market its own Instant Messenger program?

I'd like to hear other people's feedback along with the ATS Administration. People would be able to talk to the people directly through ATS Instant Messenger between two people instead of ten people sitting in a chatroom and eight of them being idle.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The simple fact that there are other ways of IM people outside of ATS, I don't see the need for it here.It would not really contribute to the site in anyway whatsoever.People can contribute to threads and get responses within a minute.
An IM system would make people get too 'Off topic" and just be a regular old chit chat thing. Either that or a very good discussion between two members would be missed out on by everyone else because it was kept in the privacy of an IM.
ATS will always expand and change with the times if it benefits the site and the members as a whole, and I just fail to see how IM could do that .
I truly do not want ATS to become "Just like Everywhere else".
That is the very reason I come here.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
The simple fact that there are other ways of IM people outside of ATS, I don't see the need for it here.It would not really contribute to the site in anyway whatsoever.People can contribute to threads and get responses within a minute.
An IM system would make people get too 'Off topic" and just be a regular old chit chat thing. Either that or a very good discussion between two members would be missed out on by everyone else because it was kept in the privacy of an IM.
ATS will always expand and change with the times if it benefits the site and the members as a whole, and I just fail to see how IM could do that .
I truly do not want ATS to become "Just like Everywhere else".
That is the very reason I come here.

I can understand that and respect that. I was just curious about the possiblity of it happening. There is the additional ability of ATS being able to market the IM service along with the book and TV deals they were trying for as well. It's just a different way of seeing things or looking at them along with the advertising possibilities.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
We currently have "U2U" for sending private messages.

We have a flash chat.

We have a "private message" component to chat.

Now if you want to talk to others without being restricted by ATS's rules, you and your friends get aol/msn/yahoo accounts.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
We currently have "U2U" for sending private messages.

We have a flash chat.

We have a "private message" component to chat.

Now if you want to talk to others without being restricted by ATS's rules, you and your friends get aol/msn/yahoo accounts.

I understand flash chat, the "private message" bit to chat, sucks, absolutely. Yes, U2U's have their place, and yes I know YM, MSNM, and AIM are out there. It was just a simple "hey, can we try this?" that I had an idea about and thought I'd see what the rest of ATS had to say.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
In your profile you can list your AIM, Yahoo or MSN name and if you leave it on, and someone wants to chat, they have all they need right there.

Many members even have that VOIP phone thingy, they can call and actually talk to each other. I've used it once, years ago, so I don't remember it's name. Hell, I can't even remember the name of the person I talked to and I really loved her.

Seems like it would be allot of effort for something thats already covered in many, many ways.

Just my thoughts on it.

Love and light,

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
there are so many ways to contact other members yes I am going to have to agree with the rest of everyone else that has posted. If you want to get ahold of me or anyone else you probably just have to drop them a line and let them know you want to chat.

Pretty easy. I sometimes use Skype. it's pretty cool and clear as a phone call really. I have talked with a few members here on ats using that system and it works real well.

sept for some reason I actualy say L.O.L. instead of laughing anymore. Probably could use to disconect myself from the internet every once and a while eh?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

You're just saying that because you know you'll still be banned!

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

dur!
I wanna chat with my ats buddies!
but it is true that there are so many ways to get ahold of other members that an im feature would be supurfluous.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
ATS members shouldn't come here to chat amongst a small circle of friends. ATS feeds content for the World to see. We should share with everyone when on ATS, because that's what ATS is all about.

Further development past the u2u system is just deviating from that.

More wisdom shared with more people, equates to more ignorance denied.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Hey I found a fun idea... and it reminded me of this thread. A program exists called. Weblin. In it you can make a virtual avatar for any webpage. And chat with people on that same webpage.

weblin.com

It's a freeware program and you can use it to chat in real time with people all across the net and on ATS!

if that doesnt solve the problem I don't know what will

top topics

join