It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive sand coming to Idaho from Kuwait

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Radioactive sand coming to Idaho from Kuwait

Nearly 80 rail cars loaded with contaminated sand from Kuwait are headed toward a dump in southwestern Idaho.

American Ecology Corp. is shipping about 6,700 tons of sand containing traces of depleted uranium and lead to a hazardous waste disposal site 70 miles southeast of Boise. The sand arrived by ship at Longview, Wash., this week and company officials say loads are scheduled to begin arriving in Idaho by rail in two weeks.

More...

Lovely.

I could say so much on this, but why bother? I think most can guess where I'd go with this... :shk:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
But...but....but.....DU is completely harmless and ranks up there with daisies and kittens on it's impact to the environment (and humans).... doesn't it?
What about all the DU contamination in Iraq? If it's considered hazardous and the Kuwaitis get to ship it all back to the US, why not others?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Oh yeah... how many millions of tons of sand are we going to have to cart back from Fallujah and other choice parts of Iraq?

Remember.. we're poisoning them there so we don't have to poison them here.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
How much money does it take to ship a desert around the world? Are we sending them top soil?

I saw were their Ministry of Defense did the contract work, does this mean "they" are paying for it and not "us".

[edit on 5-5-2008 by hinky]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If you ask me, it should be dumped in Crawford Texas
hint hint.

And afterwards, sift through it really good because you never know where you might find the WMD's!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's not just sand, but contaminated vehicles as well.

Here is how that came to be:

Official Report

www.gulflink.osd.mil...

Video of event.

www.youtube.com...

Scouts Out!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm sure the Environmental Pollution Agency has it all under control!
It's starting to seem America is being nuked from all possible directions.
It's a good deal that we have all of these cancer hospitals built ahead of time.

top topics

join