It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Nightvision Cameras De - Cloak Extraterrestrial Craft ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Hello,

A cloaking device is an advanced stealth system which causes an object, such as a spaceship or individual, to be invisible and extremely difficult to detect with normal sensors.(*From Wikipedia )

I just recently finished watching a documentary on UFOs, and in this documentary there is a guy who uses a video camera to capture UFOs of the extraterrestrial variety in real time on film, or through the viewfinder.
He gives an example where he sets 2 video cameras up side by side and he sets one of them to some sort of Night Vision option and then shows you the difference between the two.

Again, this guy shows you himself in real time with his camera looking directly at UFOs and viewing UFOs.

It reminded me of one of those Spot The Difference games in the paper where there are certain things drawn in to or taken out of one of two pictures. Honestly i found the whole documentary really fascinating but when this guy demonstrated how he does this it really made me think.

Anyway im just wondering if anyone out there has tried this before and been successful in it ??

Ill find out the name of the documentary and the guy that was in it and ill post it but anyway i was just wondering if anyone has done it .

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
As far as I know, there are two systems used on night-vision cameras, infrared and light-enhancement.

Light-enhancement is just that, it increases the light levels of what the camera "sees". This has a problem, if there is on the same scene a strong light the camera will be "blinded" by the enhancement of the stronger light source.

Infrared nigh-vision may work in one of two ways (I don't think that there are cameras with both systems), using a infrared light or just using the available infrared light reflected by the scene.

The first system (that I think is the one used on all consumer video cameras capable of night-vision with infrared) can only show a good image of near objects because the objects must be illuminated by the infrared light.

The second system is the most versatile but also the most expensive, but by showing what is visible with the available infrared light reflected and emitted by the scene (I suppose that by using light-enhancement only of the infrared light) it shows all objects, not just the nearer ones.

This would be the best system to try to find "cloaked" crafts, but only if those crafts are "cloaked" to visible light and not infrared. As both visible and infrared are very near (in fact they are continuous, infrared starts where red ends), if I wanted to make a cloaking device for visible light I would try to do it also to infrared and ultraviolet.

Infrared also has a different problem, an object that is at the same temperature as the background will appear as the background.

In conclusion, I think that the guy from the documentary is using a good system, by comparing both images he can see more than using just one system. It could only be better if he used also ultraviolet.

To answer you question, I know that there are some ATS members that have used (or are still using) infrared cameras, I remember at least one thread, but unfortunately I don't remember the thread's title or who was the member that was using a infrared camera to make his videos.

I will try to find that thread.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

Hi Omega85,

Yes interested in this too ..the documentary wasn't 'UFOs - The greatest Story Ever Denied' by any chance?

I'm asking because in that particular doco it shows a guy by the name of Ed Grimsley who has been using NV gear to track and video UFOs for a few years now.

There's already a thread about it on ATS here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Our very own JohnnyAnonymous has got in touch with Ed and will be going on one of his field trips soon.

Ed has footage up on his website, but true to this phenomenon, it's grainy and inconclusive. He needs to find a way of enhancing the video and capturing it off of the NV goggles that he's been using.

IMO a fixed NV camera as shown in your post would be the better option.

Anyway I too feel that this NV stuff is way under-researched and has muchos potential.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OEAOHOO

Yes interested in this too ..the documentary wasn't 'UFOs - The greatest Story Ever Denied' by any chance?

Yes i am pretty sure that is the one.
What did you think of it?

The field trip should be good,
What do you think about it as far as only being able to see them in a certain spectrum ?

[edit on 4/5/2008 by Omega85]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85

Yes i am pretty sure that is the one.
What did you think of it?

The field trip should be good,
What do you think about it as far as only being able to see them in a certain spectrum ?

[edit on 4/5/2008 by Omega85]

Excellent documentary..anyone that hasn't seen it should check it out.

As for UFOs cloaking themselves in the visible spectrum. I feel that's very possible if not actual.

If your endeavour is to be as unobtrusive and unimpeded in your efforts as possible, then you'd logically hide yourself in places where your subject can't see you ie. outside of the visible spectrum

So I'd be looking either end of this, either down low at infra-red or high at UV as starting points.

I think there's a case for it to be taken up as a serious course of investigation in this field. I believe that instead of waiting for these things to reveal/uncloak themselves to us, we'd be better placed seeking them out in their hiding places ..ready or not

[edit on 4-5-2008 by OEAOHOO]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Some one just posted a night vision video that captured a triangle of lights.
There is energy up there, where do they get it from.

Check this out about Hydrogen molecule:
It takes an application of about 100 cal to break apart a gram/mole of
the diatomic molecule which will recombine GIVING OFF about
100,000 cal.
1000x more heat than needed to start the process.
Could it heat your home in winter?
Sparked Helium registers 4x the Hydrogen process.
Could it power a car or UFO?
This science has been taken out of science books not by ETs.
There is a lot of energy in the gas we breath.

Still looking for the IR beam on top of the UFO.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I knew that I had seen at least one infrared video from an ATS member.

It was this post, from truth2u.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What I heard happened at Vandenberg so I suppose ufos are present
there.

Using IR binoculars they looked high above the ufo and caught strings
of electrons lighting up or heating up the air.

Its all due to a theory of operation, so naturally thats what the group
was looking for.

ED: The cloaking and lack sound barrier is apparently due to positive
ion charge. The NASA video shows bright lights of UV and some
trails on the fast flying UFOs.

[edit on 5/5/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

top topics

join