It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surge in fatal shark attacks blamed on global warming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

I dunno, increasing water temp means the sharks come closer to shore?.. atleast thats my thinking.

Its not that the media is reporting it more, i mean 10yrs ago i cant image a shark attack going UNREPORTED just because it wsa a good news week.

There's more shark attacks..

maybe all that chemical crap we're putting on our skin ' sunscreen ' or that crap makeup, BO, hair gels, etc etc is like putting spices into our curries.

if sharks are attracked to blood, why not these chemicals?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Divinorumus

it is very very refreshing when someone concerned with the enviornment can see "global warming" for what it really is

seems too many enviornmentalists have decidede that GW is too big of an issue not to have on their side, so they allow their emotions to lead their beliefs.

GW will be used as a cover for Food Shortages, and famine, and anything else for that matter, that results for greedy wall street speculation and deregulation, and Haarp and normal cycles of nature. Benefits will be gov't grants , nobel prizes for coming up with half cooked theory's cleverly and deceptively designed which will help give credence legitamicy to the GW issue in people's minds.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I was thinking that more humans swimming in the oceans, more shark events. If you were a shark and you are under a human being, heck it looks yummy and vunerable to eat.

apc

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It's pretty obvious who's to blame... the swimmers!

I mean come on. If you get in the water you know there's a risk and you are accepting such an attack as a possibility. I heard after the Cali attack that the odds of getting bitten by a shark are less than getting struck by lightning... but I'm guessing those odds go up a bit when you get in the water!

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
Benefits will be gov't grants , nobel prizes for coming up with half cooked theory's cleverly and deceptively designed which will help give credence legitamicy to the GW issue in people's minds.

Yes the global warming issue has become an entire political-industrial complex in itself.

Imagine all those people working in "green" industries, all the scientist that promote GW, all the bureaucracy involved, all the paid lobbyists, all the paid lawyers unleashing their political power. It becomes a self-sustaining, tax-eating monstrosity akin to the military-industrial-complex. These guys need to perpetuate the problem, even if it doesn't exist, or else they are all out of work.

There is now too much special interest involved in the global warming issue. If you don't agree, you will be silenced or they will be out of work. I am afraid this will lead to a global fascism that will make neo-cons green with envy.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
while I agree the swimmers ultimately take the risk Id put this more on the emphasis that warmer water has driven them closer to shore, or perhaps fish stocks are dwinling from over-fishing causing them to seek in unusual area's.

while there would be more swimmers, I dont see this as such a major reason.

For example,

Say there is 1000 people along a stretch of beach....

And a shark is within striking distance.

Thats 1000 potential targets... its not like he's struggling for a meal here, nor is there any shortage.

Add another, say 500... this nippy critter still has AMPLE choice ...

Its not like he'd take MORE, or hunt more just because there is more.

If you had of said... 5 swimmers, updates itself to 100's, then yes because 5 is such a limited choice.

where as a 1000 swimmers at a beach is no different to 1500 from his point of view.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
As an aside here. A mention of a Nobel Prize winner was made. It might interest those here that this certain prize winner in the final months before a certain movie was released filed papers with the SEC to enter into business as a hedge fund for investing in carbon credits. To date some 70 million has flowed miraculously into the personal coffers of said prize winner. If Alfred Nobel knew how his legacy was being used today ,he'd crap his pants!! Isn't it funny how those that protest so vehemently about doubters are agrandising themselves so greedily???
Zindo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join