It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Blatant Reverse Racism by Congresswoman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
When will racism become an issue applicable to humanity? It seems that racism is only racism if white males are perpetrating it. It doesn�t seem to matter that the white male being accused has close ties with people of many different races and has placed his trust and confidence in them.

www.miami.com...

Brown rips into Bush administration official

KEN THOMAS

Associated Press

MIAMI - U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown verbally attacked a top Bush administration official during a briefing on the Haiti crisis Wednesday, calling the President's policy on the beleaguered nation "racist" and his representatives "a bunch of white men."

Truly if this sort of accusation had been made about a liberal there would be demands of a national televised apology from every quarter of the main stream media. This incident and its lack of coverage is an indictment of the main stream media�s bias. Had a member of the GOP made these kinds of statements the liberals would be calling for a lynching. When will equality for all and in all become our standard rather than the perpetuation of a racial prejudice that no longer has its basis in the hearts and minds of people, but only continues in the rhetoric of those who seek to use racism to try and win arguments that they cannot win any other way?

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johannmon
MIAMI - U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown verbally attacked a top Bush administration official during a briefing on the Haiti crisis Wednesday, calling the President's policy on the beleaguered nation "racist" and his representatives "a bunch of white men."

You are right about the double standard as far as public reaction is concerned, but I have to say that I find it somewhat ironic and funny to hear someone use the phrase "a bunch of white men" as an insult. The kicker was when, Assistant Secretary of State Roger Noriega, a Mexican-American, said he was quite offended that he was "called a racist and branded a white man."
To which Brown replied, "you all look alike to me," according to participants.

It's probably wrong to find the whole thing so amusing, but I think this is the first time I've heard someone use "bunch of white men" as an insult for another race.
I'm sure that she said it with plenty of disgust or anger at the time, but it just doesn't feel like half as insulting of a racial slur when compared to the various other derogatory names that are used to degrade various other races.
It seems like she should have called them "a bunch of crackers" or something. That probably would have gotten her in far more hot water, though.

The preceding opinion was not intended to be offensive or taken seriously, so please don't hold it against me

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
racisim is tired and old, I hate people based on their attitude.

So stupid to hate an entire people, perhaps the aliens will come soon, then everyone that is in love with hating others will have a newer, fresher victim to put their hate on, Feel sorry for any aliens that come here. Think about how fearful(because they hate what they fear) some people would be if we did indeed make public contact with another race of beings.

About reverse racisim, or whatever you want to call it, it's a bunch of BS, not trying to ruffle any feathers or anything, I use to work with this lady who would tell me how much she couldn't stand asians. Anyways, she freaks out 1 day gripping about some comic strip that was making fun of some gang bangers, she said that was racisim, I asked her, just like when you crack on the asians? She said no, because she was black she isn't racist...

Now I KNOW not everyone is like that but I have noticed throughout my life, there are a lot of people that aren't white that are very racist but try to act like since they are not caucasian that it's immpossible to be that way.

But don't let me make you think there aren't white ppl who are racist and act like they aren't but they just don't use the whole "can't be - not white" as I call it attitude.

Really, the point is I can't hate a people, I love women. However I can learn to hate a person.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
racisim is tired and old, I hate people based on their attitude.

So stupid to hate an entire people, perhaps the aliens will come soon, then everyone that is in love with hating others will have a newer, fresher victim to put their hate on, Feel sorry for any aliens that come here. Think about how fearful(because they hate what they fear) some people would be if we did indeed make public contact with another race of beings.

About reverse racisim, or whatever you want to call it, it's a bunch of BS, not trying to ruffle any feathers or anything, I use to work with this lady who would tell me how much she couldn't stand asians. Anyways, she freaks out 1 day gripping about some comic strip that was making fun of some gang bangers, she said that was racisim, I asked her, just like when you crack on the asians? She said no, because she was black she isn't racist...

Now I KNOW not everyone is like that but I have noticed throughout my life, there are a lot of people that aren't white that are very racist but try to act like since they are not caucasian that it's immpossible to be that way.

But don't let me make you think there aren't white ppl who are racist and act like they aren't but they just don't use the whole "can't be - not white" as I call it attitude.

Really, the point is I can't hate a people, I love women. However I can learn to hate a person.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Lysergic]

I completely agree with everything you said.

If an alien were to tell me it was planning to come to earth, I would tell it to turn around and get as far away from this planet as it could, if it valued it's life.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I've read numerous stories about this...BUT, Guess what NONE OF THE MAJUOR NETWOKS HAVE DAID A THING!!!!!!!!. iMAGINE IF A republican/conservative said these words...it would be all over the news. But a DEMONCRAT has a pass. BULLSH*T! Just once I would like to see the major networks cover a story like this!! You want us to belive your unbiased....then I saw BULL#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This thread is proof of what ninnies you right wingers have become. The number #1 talk radio host in America talks about the reverse racism of the left damn near every day. Rush Limbaugh... and the ACLU defends his right to freedom to stay on the air. Who cares?

Once again you guys are making something out of nothing. And by they way, it's not reverse racism to say someone white is behaving racist. Reverse racism would mean something like saying all white people smell or beating up someone for being white. God you people are thick headed.

Deny Republicans.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Once again when a liberal has nothing to back up what they say as an opinion ad hominim is resorted to as way to make the liberal falsely feel they are on higher moral ground.

The congresswomen should resign from office if she believes her own rhetoric, but she'll probably get a pass from the hypocrites that make up her party.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Here is a second link that provides some more detailed information on this story. Fox News has picked up on it. This may be the beginning of this story breaking nationally. I hope that the major networks can be brow beaten into running this. It is an issue that needs to be addressed in a national forum.

www.foxnews.com...

Just a note ATSNN had this story well before fox posted it on their web site.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Yes, Black people can be bigots. Racism can only be practiced by the race that is in the majority. (I think.) In other words, in the U.S. racism can only be practiced by Caucasian people. They are in the majority. That is what I was told as a kid. I guess it still applies. However, Black people can be BIGOTS.
I am "Black". I know what the lady was TRYING to say, but she should have put her brain in gear, before she let her mouth talk.

There is an old saying: "If you're White, you're right. If you're Brown, hang around. If you're Black, get back."
Black people see the other people of color as having an advantage that they don't have. THAT's what she meant by "You all look alike to me."
She really should have watched her words, though. If she were THINKING, she'd know that "Hispanic" is a CULTURE, so there are Black Hispanics as well as Caucasian Hispanics.
I, too, hope we can get over the race problem. I am an abductee. I have actually told Greys about the human RACE problem.
No wonder they don't come out into the open. They KNOW humans can't get along with each other. HOW can they get along with ETs?
Maybe humans should be less concerned with Black and White and worry about GREYS! (Black + white=gray.)

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSRules
I've read numerous stories about this...BUT, Guess what NONE OF THE MAJUOR NETWOKS HAVE DAID A THING!!!!!!!!. iMAGINE IF A republican/conservative said these words...it would be all over the news. But a DEMONCRAT has a pass. BULL****! Just once I would like to see the major networks cover a story like this!! You want us to belive your unbiased....then I saw BULL****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relax man, I saw it on CNN, then I saw it on ABC. It's OK, man really. They're not covering it up, they just suck. American infotainment is all anyone wants out of those networks anymore. I don't think the person who said it qualifies as a democrat anyway. But that's just me.

DeltaChaos

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Racism is the practice of catagorizing and then marginalizing someone according to their race or ethnicity. It does not have to be the group in the majority as the blatant racism in South Africa demonstrated in the last century. It also does not have to be perpetrated by a person of a different skin color as demonstrated by the racism and attempted genocide displayed in Somalia and Bosnia. Racism is the ugly practice of making human beings subhuman simply because they are different in some way and is one of the flaws in human character that needs to be trained out of even small children. This behavior can be seen in the bully nerdling social structure of even kindergarten children. I do daycare and let me tell you that the marginalizing of people begins as early as 1 or 2 years old and if a child is not taught to be loving and accepting of differences they will by default persecute them. Humans are basically flawed and self centered and only become otherwise by careful raising and training in what is right.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Annother attack at Bush. What would I expect from these people anyways.

Discrimination as a term is being used to wrest power from those that have it by those that do not. Sometimes this is legitimate and sometimes it is criminal.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yep that lady is just plain wrong. She made a fool of herself. She needs to admit she made a racist remark, since all her excuses just make her look silly. She should probably apologise to the "bunch of white men" that have worked in the Peace Corps to help blacks and others around the world.

So I read she is mad because Bush won't fix Hati? But I bet she's mad that he fixed Iraq and Afghanistan (or did he?). Where is Jamaica's help or the UN's? What about France? Everybody wants us to fix the world and then everyone hates us because we put our nose where it doesn't belong.

My opinion is we fix countries that threaten to kill our people and let the UN fix countries where freedom is being trampled. If the UN needs our help, then we do what we can. The UN can start with Zimbabwe, Uganda, and Hati right now...but of course that isn't going to happen.

Life is like golf: it's never perfect, but about limiting your mistakes. Sometimes we have to live with our imperfect world and work on those things that are most disasterous to our "game".

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boogie

Life is like golf: it's never perfect, but about limiting your mistakes. Sometimes we have to live with our imperfect world and work on those things that are most disasterous to our "game".

I like that.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Even in her apology she continues with her racism accusations. This woman is a racist herself yet refused to admit it or truely apologize for it. Whoever voted this lady in needs to vote her back out. I am including a link to the transcript of her so called apology which doen't even pass as a retraction much less an apology.
link

top topics

join