It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Dad Uses Taser on Ten Year Old Son!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

North Carolina Dad Uses Taser on Ten Year Old Son!

www.kare11.com

A Monroe, North Carolina man faces child abuse charges for allegedly using a Taser on his 10-year-old son.

Deputies say 30-year-old Donald Ricci, Jr., used the Taser at least three times.

The boy was visiting his grandparents in Georgia when they noticed burns on his bottom, neck and chest and took him to a hospital.

"I was shocked and sickened," said Detective Kevin Rogers. "(Tasers) are very, very painful."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Just when I think I've seen it all...What is wrong with this world we live in?

It seems tasering is the newest phase of abuse, and it's not solely relegated to Rambo-like cops anymore...

Andreano and another neighbor said they ran into the child a few weeks ago.

"He walked in my neighbor's apartment first and he told my neighbor and said, 'Please don't make me go home'. He had a belt in his hand," Andreano said.

Andreano said looking back he wished he could've done more.

"My wife and I felt so terrible about the whole thing," he said. "If we would've looked better, if we would've seen something, we might have been able to stop him."

The boy is expected to recover from his injuries.

Ricci is due in court on June 4.

www.kare11.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Is this child abuse? Yes!

But, what about all the reports we here about the cops doing it to our children as well!!!!

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Didn't you get the memo? Only state sponsored child abuse is allowed. The state's officers of (insert organization here) are fully trained in deciding on who and when to administer torture on it's citizens, and are therefore the only ones qualified to do so. Don't feel bad though, it's an easy mistake, we are after all only sheep and can't be expected to do the right thing.
"There is a fine line between clever and stupid" -Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
How interesting to have this reported when a police officer would probably not hesitate to use one on the child themselves if the child was misbehaving.

What I can't grasp though, is unless the father never reads or watches the news is that these things can kill and should only be used as a last resort (on an adult) but never on a child.

What happened to the good ol' days of the belt anyway?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Its stories like this that make me proud to be a human being and marvel at how many successes we have and how great we are as a species. I find myself wanting to sit around an open camp fire and share the many fascinating stories of human beings; trapping your daughter in the basement for 24 years and fathering her seven children; police murders covered up and dismissed in a court of law; millions of people genocided in places like Darfur, Rwanada and Iraq.

Its great, isn't it?

I mean, come on people, this is just a natural transformation through technology. We're evolving. We went from the paddle to the belt; from the belt to the corner; from the corner to the taser. See, its all natural!

Maybe we can water board our children now that tasers are becoming yesterday's fad.

I find it difficult to read these stories and not have an overwhelming sense of human pride rush over me. These stories just make me breathe a sigh of relief and say "you know, maybe everything is going to be okay."

[/sarcasm]

I strongly approve of this man and everyone like this man promptly being hurled over a cliff with hungry alligators waiting down below in a fast moving river with large jagged boulders.

I can see how that may seem harsh to some people, but I am just so fed up with society and this authoritarian, OBEY ME NOW through fear and torture type mentality that it makes me sick and makes me wish the harshest possible things upon the people that propagate it through the minds of everyone stupid enough to see it as justified.

I cannot possibly imagine what this kid could have done to deserve this. There's no justifying it, there's no "we haven't heard the whole story yet" - no, its uncalled for and its abuse.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Sickening, DD, sickening. . . S & F (Star'd & Flag'd)

That poor little boy, electrocuted, traumatized, TERRORIZED, degraded,
de-humanized, injured, frightened, scarred, and psychologically damaged,
for life!

SHAME ON THAT AWEFUL [MAN]!!!!!!!

He is the adult, and yet he exhibits less intelligence than the alligators in
Novus' fast-moving river, with jagged boulders! (Excellent idea, there,
by the way, Novus!)

As a victim of severe child abuse myself, with a lifetime of nightmares,
flashbacks, alcoholism, arrests, and finally back amongst the living, I must
say-what a long, strange and cruel trip it's been... What about the child in
this article? Will he suffer long-term problems? UNDOUBTEDLY YES!

Video game violence holds NOTHING to child abuse. . . . . . .

This man's court date is June 4th; When is Bush's court date???

[edit on 5/3/2008 by FRIGHTENER]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
And the problems continue from not allowing parents to "spank" children. This guy obviously saw it as acceptable to use a taser, due to cues from society.

Many kids are 'problematic' today and 'diagnosed' as "this, that, or the other" because they have no sense of 'fear of consequences'. Having a kid take a "time-out" or stand in a corner instills fear? Wtf...

Granted... we don't know the whole story, but...

It's apparent this kid would now know the fear of consequences... except for the fact that everyone will step in and say the dad was wrong and coddle the little trouble-maker... which will only make the child think he was "ok" in whatever he did to get the 'punishment' -- and have no fear of consequences the next time he makes the wrong (justifiably punishable) choice.

How many see "spanking" (not beating), as a form of punishment for children, as "wrong" now...? Again, basically removing this option from parents/schools/etc. is a large part of the societal problems today, imo.

[edit on 5/4/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RabbitChaser

How many see "spanking" (not beating), as a form of punishment for children, as "wrong" now...? Again, basically removing this option from parents/schools/etc. is a large part of the societal problems today, imo.

Well from the article it seems the kid was afraid of him. I think if I read it right the dad used belts on him. My guess is he beat him with it.

I believe a spanking is ok when its called for. Never with a belt, and never a beating. One whack is all they need for the most part. I was seriously beat as a child. It’s not fun and games. I have never, ever beat my children. Some parents just should not be parents! Some officers should not be officers! Anyone, who abuses their authority should be let go of that position.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I got my ass kicked by the old man regularily as a boy, right until I was big enough to fight back. Then the coward had the nerve to say I didn't respect him. GODDAMN RIGHT!! Now he has a son who hasn't spoken to him in 10 years. Good work, idiot.
But, I digress. They ban cartoons like the road runner because it's too violent, and all this other crap, and kids now-a-days go to school and shoot each other. I grew up with that stuff, as did my whole generation, and we are probably the least violent bunch ever. That's what happens when you let the state nanny your children, while both parents work, and let the f#@king tv raise your idiot brood. Discipline is a must, but there is a fine line. This assh**e stepped over it, like my dad, and in the end, he's the one who pays. I hope when the kid get's older he lay's a lickin' on the s.o.b. like I did. It ain't right, solves nothing, but sure does feel good.

Peace.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by morthn1waytoskinacat

Sorry to hear about that abuse you suffered, friend, respectfully, from
someone who's been there; And you too, Shar, sorry.

That's why I fear for that 10 yr old boy's future, something terrifying is
impossible to forget; but possible to forgive. I was finally able to forgive
my father, when I found out about HIS horrifying childhood. He found his
mother, dead from suicide, at age 7. His father fell into deep depression &
severe alcoholism. He went to live with various family members, who
were exceptionally cruel to him. An aunt who hardly tolerated him, and
beat & whipped him with anything & everything laying around the house.

He then lived with an uncle, who already had 6 boys, and didn't care for
him added to the line-up, so he had to work from early age, just to keep
up with stepbrothers.

I was stunned, and wondered why he never told me, until I was in my late
20's. We hadn't talked for years, but now have become close again! After
many failed attempts to 'discuss' the past; so I leave it alone now, for my
own benefit.

Child abuse is hard to understand, from any viewpoint. Who knows,
morthn1waytoskinacat - perhaps forgiveness is possible from YOU; if you
give it a chance? Life's very short, and the ol' guy won't be around forever
maybe he regrets it now, and yearns for your friendship?

Peace to you, friend.
FRIGHTENER

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Why are people so stupid? Where do they get the nerve to do this?

I seriously can not imagine ever doing this. So what exactly does it take for a grown mans mind to be so warped that he would do this to a kid?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

Actually I did know. That was the excuse he used and my mother used to make themselves feel better:
"Oh, your grandad use to beat your dad and his uncles a lot worse.....he doesn't mean it, you just do things that make him lose control, he honestly hates it when he hits you like that.....".
Hmm, that's great. Get bent and go to hell, and I don't even believe in hell. There is absolutely zero excuse to beat a child. I'm not talking a spanking, or the odd cuff in the mouth. Sometimes a kid needs to be physically corrected when words aren't working. But, punching and kicking an 8 year old for not putting the tools away properly, is completely unacceptable.
If you light the dog on fire, ok, and I'm sure there are kids out there that do stuff like that and nothing happens, and that's why. To much molly-coddling is abuse just as much as beating the crap out of your kid...........

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well, I heard the original story in the newspaper but never noticed the thread about it in here. I think this father is a complete something I can't say in here, because I'll be popped for points. What kind of human would do something like that to their 10 year old son? That man is not right in the head that's completely obvious here. Did he give a reason for doing that or is he just plain stupid and did it for giggles? There's no excuse for that behavior and child-endangerment.

I see a huge breakdown in the family unit altogether not because of this one story but because every single day were hearing about other crap like this or worse where some idiot is treating another human like they are nothing.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by morthn1waytoskinacat

I'm hearin ya, man.

The explanation is never a good 'excuse' for child abuse, sounds like we have similar situations.

Glad you & I would NEVER hit a child, it doesn't do any good, as we both
know. Sorry if you're still pretty angry about it; I was for years, too! Just
was tryin to ease that pain, sharing my recent developments about it.

And I understand what you're saying, about the difference between a
deserved SPANKING; as opposed to loss of control, and a severe BEATING

I did not see your age under your profile, so I'm not sure what years
we're talking about, not that it makes much dif, but was curious if we were
near the same age, is all.

Hope you have good diversions in your life, to try and put some distance
between yourself, and those aweful memories, like I've done lately.

new topics

top topics

join