It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can i be rcognized as German American or not because i'm white?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
where the hell did african american come from? your either born in africa or america. I can't believe this is a race war, but ppl need to stop using this term. just cause a person thinks that someone down their bloodline came from africa does not make them african. they are american if they and there parents were citizens. when the hell did it become illegal to call some one black tan, white trash, yellow, where the hell did that come from, and all the other names i can't think of.. oh, and indians getting pissed about anything. they are cool as hell, but they weren't the first ppl here, and no-one truly owns land, they say that also. THE BIG QUESTION: WHY CAN'T WE DESCIBE A PERSON AS WE SEE THEM? WOULD I GET HATE MAIL IF I SAID I THOUGHT IT WAS AN IRISH GUY THAT BROKE INTO MY HOUSE CAUSE HE HAD RED HAIR? EITHER WAY THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN AFRICAN AMERICAN. UNLESS U HAVE DUAL CITIZENSHIP... THIS COUNTRY IS CRAZY AND OBAMA IS SCREWED. HE IS WHITE AND BLACK. HE IS RELATED TO CHANEY. GOOD LUCK "BRO" AND WHY CAN BLACK PPL SAY THE N BOMB AND WHITE PPL CANT. I'D LOVE TO SEE JACKIE CHAN BRING IT UP.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Fair warning my friend, you are opening up a can of worms with that diatribe that you are not even ready for. I hope you are wearing a helmet.

Happy posting

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Are you upset about something?
Are you trying to say that people are just people?
They are.

But I also think it's ok to recognize your heritage.
It's cool for people of all nationalities to retain something of where they came from. It makes us different and interesting. Don't you think?
Imagine all the great food you would miss if we ignored our cultural backgrounds.

Imagine music all sounding the same.
I celebrate our differences, as well as the things we get to share.

I'm German-Lebanese-Native American- You?

[edit on 3-5-2008 by spacedoubt]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
You can be called German American if you want to? There is nothing wrong with that, because of American being a big melting pot I can see how people do still go by their lineage, I see Italians, Irish, African, and yes even German people do it here all the time. Doesn't bother me one way or the other. As long as the people are nice and respectful to me personally.

Personally you seem to have a problem with just the African part, you should look deep into your reasoning for this post. And for God sakes if you want anyone here to take you seriously, use a spell checker. Because as of right now, you sound like a young boy, or drunk man.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
you should take your racist banter else where

african american is usually coined for politically correct people, its more polite than just saying black guy/girl

geesh, is it upsetting you that much, wow! something deeper is there

as america gets older we lose our old heritage from our families and soon dont have any

i envy other countries for having a based culture

america has none, well maybe hot dogs, cars and eating A LOT and racist people who think immigrants have no right to be here when they themselves and their families were immigrants

what a sad world it is

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ShiftTrio

Yep..I like to ask people about their nationalities, or if they have what I consider an unusual name, I ask about it. It's origins. I just don't see a problem with Irish American, Polish American..On paper, they are still Americans.

I'll admit it though, I usually steer the conversations to climate, and the foods from their home turf.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Answer.
Don't play rap German techo with 12" subwoofers in your bmw.
You should be fine.
%^&*(

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I am an American.

With Brittish, Scottish, Irish, and Dutch ancestry...

So @#$% off, cause this is my country....

AHAHAHA....

and the brittish in me is that of colonial brittish...

Takle that you whipper snapers...

apc

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Who cares what people want to call themselves? Use whatever label you want if it's that important to you. Me, I'm Terran.

top topics

join