It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain:We Went To Iraq For Oil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
Everything this administration promises ends up in the toilet (everything that could really make a difference and a change for the better anyway).

If gas prices really do get to 20 dollars a gallon what then? Would our economy survive since there has been no sweeping alternative energy movement in this country therefore no alternative to oil? The only way we will get through the coming crisis is to begin making changes for the better now. That just isn't happening and it might not ever happen. How long until they start rationing things like meat, fish, and dairy products?

-ChriS

Unfortunately everything all administrations promise ends up in the toilet and the reason is there are a select few making big bucks and they grease all the right people to make sure nothing changes and that is democrat and republicans. Its a sad truth and I dont think its going to change...its to deep and most people do not want to see the truth. They want to live in their little utopia. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Well if gas hits $20 a gallon you might as well put an end to this nation as we know it. I think people at that point would rebel and overthrow our government. You already have truckers protesting in Washington. People could not afford to eat and hungry people dont care about law they just want to eat. The funny thing is about the oil there is plenty out there.. Make no mistake this is gouging so a select few can make a lot of money. I will never put myself in a position like I did before this whole mess. I will be a lot more reliant on myself.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This isn't the McCain of 2000 that people fell in love with. He has changed all of his opinions about the issues people really care about and, wouldn't you know it, just about the time he decided to run.

-ChriS

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

LOL just don't hitchike up here to Alaska like that guy in "into the wild" and die because you ate poisonous berries. Personally, living in Alaska makes me feel a little better. It's like that movie "resident evil: apocalypse" where the outbreak couldn't reach here because it's so remote. I LOVE IT! Noone's gonna nuke you because most of the deaths would be moose and squirrels. You can even live in the wilderness and fend for yourself if you want (although not for me). There's enough clean water in the rivers and streams to sustain you and enough food in the forest to keep you alive until you are grey and crusty. It's a good thing!
I'm just saying that if this comes down to a true crisis and people start dying and everything just hits the fan altogether I have a plan for me and my family and the means by which to carry it out.

I'm not quite ready to move into my little log home just yet though

-ChriS

[edit on 3-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I understand that people have had issues with McCain's "100 more years of war" statement which he retracted, however I believe he didn't mean for everyone to take it literally. McCain has been saying he would prefer an ordered and planned return of troops currently deployed in Iraq. The reason for this is very logical, considering we have a lot of contractors out there doing their job and depending on the military for protection. The other important reason for this is that if we don't prepare Iraq's own security forces that country will instantly fall into ruin to a fanatical group of terrorists, and would result in more unnecessary life loss of civilians.
McCain hasn't been buddies with the Bush admin, anyone who thinks that doesn't even know the history between the two. They might look like it on the exterior, which is just the demeanor of politics. McCain is stating that Bush's primary concern for going into Iraq was oil, although you could say there were several other factors. But people don't respond well to BS, and McCain isn't trying to BS anyone.

This isnt about the 100 years this is about being in Iraq for oil. I remember very clearly that anyone who put oil and Iraq together would be called anti American and Unpatriotic. Now you have a guy saying we went there for oil and put that together with we will be there 100 years....I mean everyone deep down really knew why we were there. I mean what makes us take out one dictator and not another. There are a lot of evil dictators out there.

Now first how do you know if we leave Iraq it will be full of terrorists? (BTW Im not saying it wont be) but what I am saying is the same people who are saying the terrorists would take over are the same people who have been wrong on EVERYTHING about this war. Now Vietnam people said we shouldnt leave because people would be slaughtered. We left anyways and saved a lot of money and American lives...Im sorry all of the Cambodians lost their lives but that again was a war we should not of been in. Same with Iraq I mean how much more babying do we need to give this government. We have given them 5 years, billions of dollars, and 4000 lives. At some point they need to get their #e together.

In the end what I am saying in greedy type manor is Ok fine we went to war with Iraq for oil. The damage is done where the park is our benefits...you know we the people who are paying for this war where is our booty. We should be paying crap for gas because frankly we are pulling a ton out of Iraq. Why does countries like Venezuela pay $.12 a gallon and we $4.00. Why is Big Oil raking in HUGE amounts of money and meanwhile working class people are struggling. These are my issues. An example of another war created to make a select few even richer...

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Man, I am. I just don't have the money to do it. Not to mention that I would need someone to show me the ropes too. I'm not so sure I could make it in Alaska.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by BlasteR

Man, I am. I just don't have the money to do it. Not to mention that I would need someone to show me the ropes too. I'm not so sure I could make it in Alaska.

Im moving to Iowa in June...17 acres in the middle of no where...Im stocking up big time and am looking at different guns...when the riots happen I will be ready. Hey and who knows maybe Ill throw a big ATS party when I get settled in

[edit on 4-5-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Im moving to Iowa in June...17 acres in the middle of no where...Im stocking up big time and am looking at different guns...when the riots happen I will be ready.

Nice. Plant some mixed crops for subsistence. Get a bunch of chickens. I'm not big on slaughtering pigs and I really don't think I could do cattle, so I'd have to trade some produce for meat I think.

How are the Winters out there?

Better get a tornado shelter too.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

Im moving to Iowa in June...17 acres in the middle of no where...Im stocking up big time and am looking at different guns...when the riots happen I will be ready.

Nice. Plant some mixed crops for subsistence. Get a bunch of chickens. I'm not big on slaughtering pigs and I really don't think I could do cattle, so I'd have to trade some produce for meat I think.

How are the Winters out there?

Better get a tornado shelter too.

Cold a hell of a lot colder than down here in florida so Ill be here during the winters unless something goes array...and yes I will have a big garden Ill take pics...a couple deep freezes with a ton of food and non perishables. As far as the tornados there is a basement and we have one room fully reinforced. Ill probably do chickens a neighbor up the road has cows just in case.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR

LOL just don't hitchike up here to Alaska like that guy in "into the wild" and die because you ate poisonous berries. Personally, living in Alaska makes me feel a little better. It's like that movie "resident evil: apocalypse" where the outbreak couldn't reach here because it's so remote. I LOVE IT! Noone's gonna nuke you because most of the deaths would be moose and squirrels.

No your just going to have the entire Russian army coming across the strait wanting to throw you in a Gulag and live in your house.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
McCain has clarified his position:

McCain Clarifies: First Gulf War, Not This One, About Oil

www.commondreams.org...

So, the first gulf war WAS about reliance on foreign oil.... I could have sworn it was about defending Kuwait. Is he senile or does he really think that we don't remember the lies we were fed about Desert Storm?

Oh, but I am sure we would never do anything like that again. This current war MUST be an honest war. They couldn't possibly be lying to us again could they?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
McCain has clarified his position:

McCain Clarifies: First Gulf War, Not This One, About Oil

www.commondreams.org...

So, the first gulf war WAS about reliance on foreign oil.... I could have sworn it was about defending Kuwait. Is he senile or does he really think that we don't remember the lies we were fed about Desert Storm?

Oh, but I am sure we would never do anything like that again. This current war MUST be an honest war. They couldn't possibly be lying to us again could they?

NAHHHHH they wouldnt lie again....I mean what happened to the good old days when we would fight wars for no reason like vietnam...I guess it has to be about oil now...*sarcasm*

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

But I thought we were supposed to believe that this war was really only a continuation of the first war. That Saddam had violated the peace treaty, and we had to go in and enforce it. Well, that's what Bill OReally told me anyway.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Indeed! Maybe younger people here don't remember how Daddy Bush kept coming up with a new explanation to give to the American people as a reason for the Gulf War...defend Kuwait, jobs, the economy, finally oh hell yes it's about oil!
They probably don't remember the lies about the babies being tossed out of their hospital incubators by Iraqi soldiers, lies cooked up by a pr firm and given before Congress. babies in incubators story

Republican Lincoln Chafee's recent honesty about the vote in Congress before the Iraq War reminds me of the quote attributed to Edmund Burke, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." The moderate Republicans who had doubt did not speak up
but instead bent under pressure to go along.

What McCain says now reminds the world of perhaps the US's current greatest deficit--truth telling. Without honesty we might as well do away with diplomacy. Just continue to unilaterally fight wars whenever we get afraid.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin

No your just going to have the entire Russian army coming across the strait wanting to throw you in a Gulag and live in your house.

Maybe if they know where you are... This is a big state. If Osama can hide out in a small grouping of mountains in Afghanistan without being found by our technology I'm pretty sure I could hide somewhere in Alaska and not be found by the russians. I've lived here for a long time so I know the terrain from hunting, fishing, and hiking, etc.. I have the knowledge to sustain myself and my family if need be and that counts for alot. Sooner or later we are going to return this planet to nature if nature doesn't do it for us.

-ChriS

[edit on 4-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I got to the conclusion a long time ago that we have a nation run by moron politicians on agendas.

And now we have another moron politician trying to take the place of the one that is leaving.

Morons nothing but corrupted morons.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yeah all of them....Listen to Hillary talking about how she wants to bomb Iran I mean give me a break shes a Female McCain and I would never vote for her. Im sticking to writing in RP I just cant brings myself to vote for any of these other con artists.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join